fusion jazz recommendations?

2»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Moon Germs on CTI. Farrell.

Deathwish-H.Hancock (extra phonkey)

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I'm a big fan of Hermann Szobel's "Szobel" on Arista from '76. Dude was like 20 years old, and it was the only album he ever recorded. He apparently disappeared to South America shortly after. Really unusual stuff, though.

For new fusion check out Christian McBrides album "Sci-Fi".Verve 2000.
    It may be a little slick but he trying all the Hancock stuff.
    New to the OLd.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    I really dig the keyboard sounds on "Live-Evil" by Miles Davis.. I really dig that electric sound.

Hey, I just remembered, if you like Live-Evil period Miles, you should definetely check this one out:

It's a killer album from 98, where bass legend Bill Laswell (respect!) took selected Miles session tapes from 69-74 and gave them a new mixdown. It's done extremely well and Laswell has emphasized the groove and minimized the chaotic elements, while staying true to the feel of the original mixes. There are two unreleased tracks on it as well, and both are grade A electric Miles.

The above image is from the CD-version. I have the double vinyl and it has a different cover. It might be harder to track down the vinyl, 'cause I think it was only pressed in a limited amount of copies.

Highly recommended.

NB: I think there's another "Panthalassa" which is more of a traditional remix concept, with people like DJ Krush re-interpreting Miles. Haven't heard that one though.

Definately own that album, should dig that out.. DJ Cam, Jamie Myerson, Bill Laswell, and I forget who else are on it

Already been checking out a lot of these recommendations. That Julian Priester Love, Love is way nice, same with the Wayne Shorter - Oddesey of Iska.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Just looking for some new listening. I really dig the keyboard sounds on "Live-Evil" by Miles Davis.. I really dig that electric sound.. anyone want to put me up on any of that please? By whoever..

You might wanna plug into the SOFT MACHINE, english progressive instrumental... really dig their stuff too, their keyboard sound is real dope, heavy on rhodes, and they have this fuzzy/acid sounding organ also, funkybassline grooves and very off-beat-ish tracks... dodudodudodudodudope!
    If you want, I can post additional info on the NUCLEUS or SOFTMACHINE albums...
    peace-

COSIGN!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak