Upcoming MCs ft. Joey Jihad

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
What do you dudes know about Joey Jihad from Philly?One of my students was talking about him, so I looked him up:I think he's pretty nice. Definitely nice with the word play... Video 1 Video 2 Video 3 Video 4 - Beans is impressed Video 5 - Joey gets stoled on Video 6 - A battle v. Works Who else is nice in whatever the "underground" is right now?

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts

DAAAAAAAAYUM that was fucked up. Dude was like a statue on the ground after that.

Damn.

Anybody know what that was all about?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    That was some super ice cold Clockwork Orange type shit right there, fuck mang.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    Like the rhymes, but why did the guy clock him ?

Came from nowhere...Bang...

Poor guy didn't stand a chance...

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

my hommie does a lot of the video work for joey jihad and a lot of these other underground philly dudes. just left a message asking for some clarity. i dont know why that guy slid him, but joey should have been a little less comfortable about who he turned his back to.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    That first freestyle is dope. Never heard of dude before does he have anything out?

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    If you listen closely at the beginning you can hear someone say he's about to set Joey up. From the comments posted below the video, it sounds like Joey got mashed for not shouting out a block?!?

DAAAAAAAAYUM that was fucked up. Dude was like a statue on the ground after that.

Damn.

Anybody know what that was all about?

I recently heard that the dude who KO'd joey jihad got murdered.

This article is supposed to about the guy who threw the punch:

Promising boxer killedBy Don Steinberg
    Inquirer Staff Writer
    Philadelphia boxer William Boggs, a 2005 Golden Gloves finalist who was 3-0 as a professional, died of a gunshot wound yesterday in what Philadelphia police called a homicide. Boggs, 19, was shot at about 4 p.m. on the 1900 block of Church Street in the city's Frankford section.

He was pronounced dead at Temple University Hospital. Detectives said there were no suspects and no weapon had been recovered.

Mike Plebani, who had been Boggs' manager and trainer since Boggs was 14, said he had heard that Boggs' life had been threatened earlier in the week.

"It was a drive-by shooting," Plebani said.

Plebani took Boggs to the national Golden Gloves competition in Little Rock, Ark., last year and to other tournaments around the country.

"He was like a son to me. A part of me just died with him," Plebani said.

Boggs, a fast-handed middleweight, won a silver medal at last year's Golden Gloves, then made his professional debut in September with a four-round win at the Blue Horizon.

"He was one of the best prospects in the city," said Don Elbaum, a longtime boxing promoter and matchmaker at the Blue Horizon. "He had a chance to be part of the Philadelphia legend."

Boggs won twice more at the Blue Horizon, most recently on April 7.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    That would help explain why one punch had Joey lights-out...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    That shit was flancake cheapness. Dude was focused on a camera and gets side duffed from out of screen by a guy who appears to have at least 50 lbs on him.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    One of the comments under the first video of this that was posted on You Tube and later removed indicated that the stiffness of his arms and body after landing on the ground is indicative of a form of brain damage. There's a medical term for it that I have since forgotten, but I'm wondering if he turned out OK. Please report back when you hear something, Tone.

There's a longer video where the guys look like they're planning how to roll up to him. I saw it online before I knew who was involved. I haven't been checking much for underground philly cats, but this Jihad dude is not bad. Does he have a 12" out or something?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    One of the comments under the first video of this that was posted on You Tube and later removed indicated that the stiffness of his arms and body after landing on the ground is indicative of a form of brain damage. There's a medical term for it that I have since forgotten, but I'm wondering if he turned out OK. Please report back when you hear something, Tone.

That's not necessarily true, Drewn. In fact, it's a fairly common reaction to getting knocked out. I think it's the body's natural instinct to grab for something when you fall, and I've seen tons of MMA fights where a guy gets KO'ed, reaches, and falls flat on his back with at least one hand stiff in the air. They often get up and are coherent shortly thereafter. Having said that, it did not look good for Joey in that clip.

Now, back to watching Pride Fighting Challenge.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Promising boxer killed By Don Steinberg

damn, racial tensions high in Philly?

When I read that I thought: "Damn, Don Steinberg is cold."

That's not necessarily true, Drewn. In fact, it's a fairly common reaction to getting knocked out. I think it's the body's natural instinct to grab for something when you fall, and I've seen tons of MMA fights where a guy gets KO'ed, reaches, and falls flat on his back with at least one hand stiff in the air. They often get up and are coherent shortly thereafter. Having said that, it did not look good for Joey in that clip.

damn are you watching the first round of the Grand Prix right now? DON'T SPOIL I a buddy downloading that right now...

anyone watching Mayorga-De La Hoya?

When I read that I thought: "Damn, Don Steinberg is cold."

I feared for black-Jewish relations there for a minute.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    That would help explain why one punch had Joey lights-out...

When I first saw the video I was wondering if dude was a boxer, just because of how he hit him. That's what you call hitting somebody right "on the button"... catch a dude right on the side of the chin, and it's a good chance you will knock his ass cold. I know it was a sucker punch and all, but even still, if you don't catch him in the right spot he probably won't drop like that. Case in point: the other youtube suckerpunch vid featuring the old ladies. Ol' girl shook off that right hand to the grill like it was nothing. Aim for the chin next time, gran'ma.

• FunkyFlatulentFunkyFlatulent 1,106 Posts

You're right. It's called the decorticate position.

NOW......... The guy that hit Joey had BRASS KNUCKLES on incase anyone missed it. Secondly, they stole Joey's car. They just rode it around a bit and gave it back.

and...... FUCK THOSE DUDES.

That's the word I was trying to remember, thanks.

Definition[/b]

Decorticate posture is an abnormal posturing indicated by rigidity, flexion of the arms, clenched fists, and extended legs. The arms are bent inward toward the body with the wrists and fingers bent and held on the chest. Presence of this type of posturing implies severe damage to the brain with immediate need for medical attention.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003300.htm

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    The guy that hit Joey had BRASS KNUCKLES on incase anyone missed it. .

Goddamn are you serious? He looks like a little dude compared to the guy that hit him. That's just foul.

dude this particular part of philly looks sorta rough...I cannot front I would NOT wanna get lost there.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    So were those dudes dragging his body away friend or foe, I couldn't really tell what was going on

Now showing: How not to freestyle and post it on the internet.

"I know how to talk to the white people
    so I can get what I want from those people"

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Did King Moist have to slap a bitch?!

Herm

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Now showing: How not to freestyle and post it on the internet.

"I know how to talk to the white people
    so I can get what I want from those people"

That dude was straight trash!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Who was he talking to? Like when he's all
    "YOU A FAGGOT" or whatever right before he
    starts...um...rhyming...the dude holding the camera?
    I figured it was just his mom's Yogi Bear
    beanie baby holding the camera up.

You think he was talking to Yogi?

That's the word I was trying to remember, thanks.

Definition[/b]

Decorticate posture is an abnormal posturing indicated by rigidity, flexion of the arms, clenched fists, and extended legs. The arms are bent inward toward the body with the wrists and fingers bent and held on the chest. Presence of this type of posturing implies severe damage to the brain with immediate need for medical attention.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003300.htm

Daaaam... I've seen quite a few people get dropped like that, all stiff and shit ("starched" is the non-medical term for it). Everytime the person seemed to shake it off after a little while and seemed to be all right afterwards. Maybe they really weren't all right.

dude this particular part of philly looks sorta rough...I cannot front I would NOT wanna get lost there.

Any of y'all Philly dudes recognize the location? I pretty much know the whole city, but I can't place that intersection. Looks familiar, though. I'm guessing maybe somewhere in South Philly. Doesn't look like a great area, but there are parts of this city that look even worse IMO. Especially in the summertime in some of the heavy drug areas.

Any of y'all Philly dudes recognize the location? I pretty much know the whole city, but I can't place that intersection. Looks familiar, though. I'm guessing maybe somewhere in South Philly. Doesn't look like a great area, but there are parts of this city that look even worse IMO. Especially in the summertime in some of the heavy drug areas.

i was thinking it looked like some part of washingotn ave, big wide streets near grays ferry. but i think someone was talking or commented about it being somewhere on diamond.
    frankford, where the dude got shot is also not the most friendly area either. my girl used to live up at b & allegheny and i got fucked with more than enough times when i'd bike up there.

i was ondering about joey's car too. you hear it screeching off as he's being dragged away. way too rugged for my tastes.

wathced it again. def not wash ave. i dont know where it is...and thats a good thing