Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    on da beach with a few club soooodas

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    pose like the man Chuck Norris

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    THEY CALL IT MUUUUURRRRRRDAAAAAAAAAH

saying

I engineered for Damien and the family @ their compound in south dade for 6 months. Don't know if the lp is coming out or if I'll even get credit on the tracks. Dude had some serious ego issues. Had to call it quits when they tried to pay w/ a jar of chronic.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    pose like dem name[/b] Chuck Norris *

But don't know the real hardcore.

*This message brought to you by the online patois experts.

It's craaaaazy that that song came out, what, last October? I even heard it on KMEL (once).

Get the OG by Ini "Yes, That Ini" Kamoze: "World A Music." Haaawt!

pose like dem name[/b] Chuck Norris *

*This message brought to you by the online patois experts.

Blame it on my memory, not my translation! You're right, it does say that.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    THEY CALL IT MUUUUURRRRRRDAAAAAAAAAH

saying

Dude had some serious ego issues. Had to call it quits when they tried to pay w/ a jar of chronic.

Dat sounds like dem.

• Options
    They should play it on Hot 97 once in awhile.

Plaese to set sarcasm meter to "Sween".

NY radio is hitting this hard in prime time now... this would be an odd choice for Sean Paul White Folks' Reggae Jam Of The Summer (SPWFRJOTS) though

• Options
    NY radio is hitting this hard in prime time now... this would be an odd choice for Sean Paul White Folks' Reggae Jam Of The Summer (SPWFRJOTS) though

I thought I-Wayne "Can't Satisfy Her" would be the shoo-in, but it doesn't rump enough.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Good to hear,i think the song's decent,watch out!!! Sean's got the "culture steez" locked ,i dont think you'll hear it on his upcoming album though.

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts

My local reggae pimp tells me that the original riddim is a Dennis Brown Joint that Sly & Robbie re-rubbed for World a Music. Anybody confirm this?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Yeah, you don't know me, no
    Know me, no
    Know me, no
    Yeah, but I'm a-gonna know you

All I can say is that I got two requests for Kevin Lyttle at our last bhangra gig...

...and the Turkish owner of the bar made my co-DJ play one reggaeton song because "reggaeton is huge in Turkey right now."

• SensiRiderSensiRider 97 Posts

My local reggae pimp tells me that the original riddim is a Dennis Brown Joint that Sly & Robbie re-rubbed for World a Music. Anybody confirm this?

There's definitely a Dennis Brown on a version of that. I don't have it but I've heard it. The lyrics are something like "You bring me joy in the morning." I don't know when it's from. There's also the Jammy's produced Junior Reid Classic Boom Shack A Lack that's from like '84 or '84.

Yeah, Dennis Brown voices over that same version, but it's commonly referred to as "World A Music" riddim. It's also Ini Kamoze's voice from that song that Marley samples: "Out In The Street, dey call it murdaaaaah."

Diamante, you heard that "Welcome To Brixton"? Kinda nice.

My man SensiRider co-postin' on my brainwave and shit. Nice work.

Dennis Brown - "Joy In the Morning"

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts

Diamante, you heard that "Welcome To Brixton"? Kinda nice.

Yeah, thats the Zaguza(?) joint that floating around on white out here at the moment. Think I heard it on 1xtras webcast. I'm having a tough time tracking that one down actually - seriously limited dubplate pressure.