Moussaoui gets life, talks shit

2»

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    He had no significant intelligence value amongst the terrorist community, and was an al-Qaeda hanger on at best. Comparatively speaking, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed played a huge role in 9/11 yet his capture has fallen below the radar. He's a lynchpin of information so they're not going to throw him to the wolves of public opinion until they squeeze every last drop out of him.

Moussaoui = lame duck poster child

And here is where he'll spend the rest of his life in quiet contemplation.

Only a 13" television??? YOU MONSTERS!

Naw....that's just "cruel". If it was 13" and B&W it would be both "cruel and unusual" and cause real problems...

If it was 13", B&W, and had one of those old knob switches on it with no remote control, THAT would be "cruel and unusual," especially because if he turned channels enough he would break off the knob and would then be stuck on one channel without a pair of pliars, which of course would be denied to him as a potential weapon!

Excellent point!

I can't believe you guys have so much sympathy for him that you want him to have a nice TV. Because of people like you the Republicans will be in office forever.
    Personally I hope he has only basic cable, I hate his guts.

My first thought was that it was a computer and he would soon be logging onto to soulstrut.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    He had no significant intelligence value amongst the terrorist community, and was an al-Qaeda hanger on at best. Comparatively speaking, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed played a huge role in 9/11 yet his capture has fallen below the radar. He's a lynchpin of information so they're not going to throw him to the wolves of public opinion until they squeeze every last drop out of him.

Naw....that's just "cruel". If it was 13" and B&W it would be both "cruel and unusual" and cause real problems...

If it was 13", B&W, and had one of those old knob switches on it with no remote control, THAT would be "cruel and unusual," especially because if he turned channels enough he would break off the knob and would then be stuck on one channel without a pair of pliars, which of course would be denied to him as a potential weapon!

Excellent point!

I can't believe you guys have so much sympathy for him that you want him to have a nice TV. Because of people like you the Republicans will be in office forever.
    Personally I hope he has only basic cable, I hate his guts.

My first thought was that it was a computer and he would soon be logging onto to soulstrut.

An even more excellent point. I am deeply ashamed.....

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I think #5 is pointing to the remote.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    could some one break down *exactly* what he did have to do with 9/11? stuff that was proved? While there has been a lot of coverage over here, there hasn't been anything very specific. I mean was there independent evidence he had knowledge of it that wasn't just him saying 'I was the main guy! I love bin laden!'? Everything I've heard suggests he was basically a plank, not dealing with a full deck, who didn't have that much to do with it, but desperately tried to big himself up by saying he was this he was that etc etc etc. I thought it looked like he was a spare part who was wishing himself into the main plot. And did Richard Ried actually get to testify? Last I heard they were going to stop him because he was about to say that moussaoui was a nut job, and he had no idea what he was talking about.

As i understand it the prosecutions case was; if he had told the truth we would have stopped 9/11. Seems like a weak case to me on 2 counts.

1) The CIA and FBI had worked together to present the president with a memo entitled "Bin Laden Determined To Attack The US With Airplanes" (or something close to that). Yet they did nothing to stop 9/11. Why would Moussaoui's reiteration of the same info have changed anything. Best I can tell they are not claiming that he knew the day, flights, airports or any other operational details.

2) Since when is it a crime not to incriminate yourself?

Perhaps some more educated individual like Faux, or Motown can better illuminate.

On the other hand, his confession that he was a terrorist training to fly airplanes into buildings was enough to deserve a life sentence. Of course his diabolical hate filled testimony didn't help.

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts
    And isn't the convoluted process of organising an execution far more expensive then keeping a prisoner in gaol for life?

Wrong. Unlike the People's Republic of California for example, the federal appellate process is a relatively swift one. As it stands now, taxpayers will be shelling out over $100,000. a year, every year until this fucker croaks. And seeing as how he's still pretty young, I'd say it's safe to say we're talking millions of dollars to house, feed & provide basic cable for the rest of his worthless natural life.