Ups and Downs

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
UP:[/b]As mentioned in an under-read thread last Friday, the wife and I just bought a place in SF (Noe Valley, for those that know the city). Check out some pics:Front of the Building (we're the second floor)Living Room:Kitchen 1:Kitchen 2:Kitchen 3:Laundry Room:Guest Bedroom/Wifey's workspace:Master Bedroom:Office/Record Room off the Master Bedroom:Storage in the Basement (all ours!):DOWN:[/b]I have pneumonia for the 3rd time in my life. Not cool. But with all the tragic news posted here lately, I'm still very lucky.Just wanted to start this thread before my fever shoots up again--please add on!

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    lookin good ross!

take care of yourself though.

ps
    uh-oh. no parking space!

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    uh-oh. no parking space!

He could park about anything in that basement!!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    uh-oh. no parking space!

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    Good for you ross! That looks like a really nice pad. Now I know where all that slump & grind money goes.

peace

h

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Umm.. wow dude. That is, er, really fracking nice.

Looks like I can pull my semi up to the storage

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    damn, 3 kitchens... that's serious baller right there...

(btw, real nice place ::jealous::)

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    uh-oh. no parking space!

by the blood stains, it looks like somebody already parked a dead body there.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    that is some baller property, nice one!

sorry to hear you have pneumonia, that is no fun. get better dood!

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Damn! Good for you. I'm looking at purchasing a place with my wife at the moment. Not quite as ballerific as yours, but we're excited. Congrats. It's probably nice to get all that pre-purchase drama/procedings out of the way.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    VEEDDDYYY NICE!!! In Noe Valley no less, the neighborhood I grew up in! That fuckin sucks about being sick, you better be better by Friday mayne. I'm tryna hear that whatchuknow rmx all the way live[/b].

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Big ups on the new Hogg pen, looks nice, them hardwood floors look ripe for some . Be sure to post pics of the record room when you get your vinyl moved in, inquiring minds want to know about the latest look in upscale urban record storage.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    inquiring minds want to know about the latest look in upscale urban record storage.

plaese to not turn into a fauxnaldo on us!

lol

• daaaaaayum that place looks fly as hell ross!
    congrats!
    m

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    That is a seriously good look! Congrats guys, I need to get into some of that owning your own home thing in the near future. Good luck fighting the sickness!

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Yo R*ss congrats - the place looks like an excellent crash pad for my next trip to the bay!

BTW - Just got your vm today - I'll try to holler back drunkenly from Memphis on Sunday night.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    (cue q lazarus - "goodbye horses") YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT PAIN IS!!!

looks good, ross. congrats. i'm gonna have to come visit sometime. hope your road to recovery is smooth and this is the last time you'll ever get pneumonia.

-t

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Thanks for the kind words, y'all, but feel free to add your own ups and downs here, too. I didn't really have top and bottom FIVES, just two big ones, but go for it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Congratulations--that's wonderful news. Looks like a really nice place.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    NICE crib man.

I hate you.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    keep records away from the water heaters and above that concrete ground by at least 6in. trust me... i lost thousands of records over the past two rainstorms. your apt looks beautiful. congratulations...!

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts
    congratulations, r*ss! super swanky. buying property in SF is not a game.

UPS[/b]

* wife is 8 months pregnant...really getting excited!
    * dumping my current job and going back to grad school this fall.
    * trapdoor 2 vinyl arrived last week.

DOWNS[/b]

* wife is 8 months pregnant...really getting anxious!
    * studio has been broken down to make way for baby room...now relocating all my equipment to the basement.
    * records haven't been a big part of my life lately.

really though, can't complain.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    That's a really nice looking spot there, Ross. I'mma have to visit you someday soon.

Noe Valley:

1. My piping hot Cyril Neville article is going to be followed up in the Austin Chronicle this week with a blazing hot Big Chief Kevin Goodman and the Flaming Arrows article written by my legendary cohort Margaret Moser.

2. NGOK ripped Reagan prom the other night despite prom organizers insisting that everyone sit down during their set.

3. Watched in amazement yesterday evening as my 13 month old daughter climbed into a rocking chair in our backyard and just sat there for a while checking out the scenery like a mature adult.

4. We go on a full week vacation to Port Aransas, leaving on Tuesday. For the first time in a long while I get to put some live shrimp on a hook to fish from the jetties. Also, I hope to get some boogie-boarding in. But most importantly, I WILL NOT USE A COMPUTER FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK!!!

5. San Quinn's latest album has grown on me to the point that I'm now calling it album of the year thus far...and I reeeally like albums from T.I. and E-40.

The Castro:

1. HAWK got shot. RIP.

2. Work has been kicking my ass lately.

3. Some local dj dimwits on a local message board used DeeRock's "Worst Thing About DJing" post from here as a jumping-off point for a feeding frenzy of mysoginistic whining. Booooooo!!!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    g's up:

-Pacific NW was incredible
    -Seeing old friends, and being proud of where they've gone in life
    -Coming home to some beautiful weather
    -seeing all my peers on the grind this year...for REAL!
    -New 12" and Psycrunk mix are DONE
    -Mr. Castillo's remix

ho's down:

-my girl is buggin
    -i have dual ear infections
    -came back to work to find utter chaos
    -my med. insurance deductable is $250... taxed!
    -the 2nd GIGANTIC fire in my neighborhood is now the biggest fire in NYC history.
    my whole area stinks to high hell.
    -rude ass new yorkers

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    UP:[/b]

As mentioned in an under-read thread last Friday, the wife and I just bought a place in SF (Noe Valley, for those that know the city). Check out some pics:

Living Room:

Inlaid hardwoods are . Nothing like a castle for the king. Congrats holmes.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    UP:[/b]

As mentioned in an under-read thread last Friday, the wife and I just bought a place in SF (Noe Valley, for those that know the city). Check out some pics:

Front of the Building (we're the second floor)

Living Room:

Kitchen 1:

Kitchen 2:

Kitchen 3:

Laundry Room:

Guest Bedroom/Wifey's workspace:

Master Bedroom:

Office/Record Room off the Master Bedroom:

Storage in the Basement (all ours!):

looking good r*ss. i cant believe you were able to buy a house here, especially in noe valley. and it's a baller's pad too. i live not too far from yall

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    back to the fires of hell:

1. lonliness
    2. myspace profiles that make people look cooler than they really are in person
    3. wack-ass apartment listings on craigslist that end up being a total waste of time/accused of being racist because I would show my place to a dude who was a total asshole on the phone
    4. being commissioned by people who want 'authentic hiphop' but don't think that Juelz Santana, Nas and Rev Run are 'familiar' enough
    5. DJ Dusk died

heavensent:

1. return to bachelorhood = meeting cute girls :schwing!:
    2. the ex and I are back on good - albeit sad for now - terms
    3. re-connecting with old friends
    4. sunny weather
    5. IRS refund!!!

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    looking good r*ss. i cant believe you were able to buy a house here, especially in noe valley.

For the record: we got in for 0% down. We should be able to refinance in a year, at which point the crushing monthly payments will go down to a slightly less crushing level.

But thanks!

that's cool dude. your place looks amazing.

pryor

1) i just got that video ipod today. sorry. i'm replacing the white headphones so noone can tell.
    2) deerhoof playing live to a film at the castro theatre last thursday was one of the most inspired and magical performances i've seen in a long time.
    3) [url=http://i.pbase.com/o4/15/56615/1/58802077.ccc.jpg]my
    lomo camera is treating me nicely.
    4) the Post Your Now Face Album Mug thread
    5) money falling into my lap out of nowhere

carrot top

1) roommate's friend is perpetual drama, gets kicked out of apt after breaking up with boyfriend and crashes our flat.
    2) hairstylist chopped all my hair off

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    What kind of lomo do you have? I'm thinking about getting one in the near future. My $2 digicam is not doing it.

What kind of lomo do you have? I'm thinking about getting one in the near future. My $2 digicam is not doing it.

i use a lomo kompakt

with this lomo colorwheel flash that will work on any camera with a hotshoe