The Mack, what is your beef with DJ Shadow?

Comments

• loginlogin 52 Posts
    another Shadow battle. this is becoming a cliche for Soulstrut.*

realer words have not been spoken on here today.

IMO the anti-shadow shit on here has to do with him being talented, having deep crates, and being white

soulstrut self hate fan club STAND UP

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

I just dont see how saying something like "The Mack, what is your beef with DJ Shadow?" is productive.

respect.

cosign. stupid post

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    IMO the anti-shadow shit on here has to do with him being talented, having deep crates, and being white

x2

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    have you heard the soundtrack he did for Dark Days? Shit is incredible IMO.

now he has done a few awesome tracks, but this is not one of them, all he did was loop up a David McCallum track, he didnt even change it hardly...he should give every dime he made for that "soundtrack" to the man from U.N.C.L.E.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    I hear that, but the track was perfect for the movie. royalties are due, i will say that.

i dont understand how people can come on here and say Dj Shadow is amazing then go and hate on shit like Pet Sounds. get ya'll priorities straight

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    now thats gansta!

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts

x2

i hate him cause he made eBay take down my Mystic Moods [email]WhiteShadowJoshBREAKL@@K[/email] auction. Shit was going up to $4.98! I was gonna sail those josh nuts all the way to beverly hills. i'd have been rich. RICH! now, i can only sell records that are actually really good and/or worth money on their own merit. fuck it all.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    the strut is killin' it today:

blog-jacked
    tatoos
    racist fucks
    The Mack, what is your beef with DJ Shadow?
    the old south seems fucked up
    i'm excited about the revenge of the Sith

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    dont ya know its mad trendy nowadays to hate on shadow? get with the program!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Soulstrut needs its own "haters" blog. That would be SWEET!

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I like both DJ Shadow & Madlib. True.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Dj Shadow

[vs.]

Pet Sounds

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i dont understand how people can come on here and say Dj Shadow is amazing then go and hate on shit like Pet Sounds. get ya'll priorities straight

weren't you a huge PUTS fan when you 1st showed up here?

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    It's a beat, unless you're making downtempo Djshadow gayness, then it's not SUPPOSED to sound like an actual song

they may not be as dirty and grimey as some of you dj shadow wanna-be mahfuckas might want.

Hey man, i've asked you this before in another thread, but no response. I just want to know why you act like DJ Shadow is such a joke producer.

I'm not on Josh's fan club or nothing, but dude has got much credible skill and for you to be hating like his beats and productions are bullshit makes me curious to know what your real issue with him is.

respect.

This thread had all of the makings of a classic, and I just want to apologize to you guys for not being around today in order to ensure that it fulfilled its potential. Sadly, in my absence, it appears to have gone out with a whimper.

i disagree. we've come across a question for the ages:

FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1116368222yuichi">

shadow or pet sounds[/b]
    DJ SHADOW
    PET SOUNDS
    INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    shadow or pet sounds (Total Votes: 0)
    DJ SHADOW 0 0%
    PET SOUNDS 0 0%

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    now thats gansta!

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    It's a beat, unless you're making downtempo Djshadow gayness, then it's not SUPPOSED to sound like an actual song

they may not be as dirty and grimey as some of you dj shadow wanna-be mahfuckas might want.

Hey man, i've asked you this before in another thread, but no response. I just want to know why you act like DJ Shadow is such a joke producer.

I'm not on Josh's fan club or nothing, but dude has got much credible skill and for you to be hating like his beats and productions are bullshit makes me curious to know what your real issue with him is.

respect.

This thread had all of the makings of a classic, and I just want to apologize to you guys for not being around today in order to ensure that it fulfilled its potential. Sadly, in my absence, it appears to have gone out with a whimper.

dag, I thought shit was about to be ON when I saw you had finally jumped in. oh well, there's bound to be another one of these in a couple of weeks.

apology accepted. but you really need to reconsider your priorities.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    now thats gansta!

soulhawk,
    did you contribute that photo to big daddy back in the day?? where do i know it from???

help

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    now thats gansta!

soulhawk,
    did you contribute that photo to big daddy back in the day?? where do i know it from???

help

yup, that contribution wuz mine. sadly, this wall was painted over late last year - fools can't rekkanize tru art...

---

neck and neck:

DJ SHADOW
    2 50%

PET SOUNDS
    2 50%

weren't you a huge PUTS fan when you 1st showed up here?

yup i still am. well not a HUGE fan anymore, but i still really dig em. they got nice beats and they complement the beats well with their rhymes.

what does that have to do with anything?

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    shadow or pet sounds (Total Votes: 8)
    DJ SHADOW ??????
    ?????? 5 62%
    PET SOUNDS ??????
    ?????? 3 37%

shadow or pet sounds (Total Votes: 10)
    DJ SHADOW
    7 70%

PET SOUNDS
    3 30%

i mean, people can have their own opinions. but i'll take Pet Sounds over Dj Shadow in a heartbeat

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

"i mean, people can have their own opinions.
    but i'll take Pet Sounds over Dj Shadow in a
    heartbeat"[/b]

results are in:

shadow or pet sounds (Total Votes: 17)
    DJ SHADOW
    11 64%

PET SOUNDS
    6 35%

DISCUSS