Gospel Ish.

OligeeOligee 289 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
I have stumbled upon a gospel collection in Oakland. What is the collectability of these types of records?

Comments

• kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts
    Anywhere from beyond worthless to priceless. If you want to sell them let me know. I live in Berkeley.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Yeah, depends. I'm like to look at them too. I'm in Berkeley everyday for work.

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    I am going to put them on ebay

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Hands down the greatest thread ever.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

These guys don't know what they're talking about. No one collects gospel. ebay? It's not worth the listing fee.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    THE SOULSTRUT EFFECT?!?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I am going to put them on ebay

Then that's your answer... ebay will sort it out.

However, only known titles will sell on ebay, and even then not necessarily for any major coin. You'd be better off selling to private collectors but I don't see why, with that attitude, anyone should help you in contacting them...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Put all the white Gospel LP's on ebay first...the ones with the ladies with the big Beehive hairdos and the guys with the matching outfits and high pompadour haircuts.

These are in the "The higher the hair, the closer to God" style of gospel music which is at it's height of popularity.

Raers like the Blackwood Brothers and The Happy Goodman Family will bring the big cash.

If you don't do well with those I wouldn't even dream of trying any of the black gospel LP's on ebay.....you'd be much better off calling those two guys in Bezerkely.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

YES.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    at least you could use a couple of graemlins, you know?

The people would love you more.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I have stumbled upon a gospel collection in Oakland. What is the collectability of these types of records?

In an earlier soulstrut post I created a quick price guide for gospel records.

Your best bet is to sell them cheap to other bay area strutters.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BILLY-GRAHAM-LP-SIGN...1QQcmdZViewItem Hahahahahaha

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

YES.

too many knuckleheads are getting down with gospel records there days, I need to move on to something else - whats that next-level collectable hot shit that I should be getting into?

is it rare ranchera?

thanks.

---

• djrdjr 511 Posts

YES.

too many knuckleheads are getting down with gospel records there days, I need to move on to something else - whats that next-level collectable hot shit that I should be getting into?

is it rare ranchera?

thanks.

---

I'm going to my local thrift and scooping up those polka records right quick.
    Polka ISH thread to follow..............

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    It's gonna be all about records recorded in nursing homes in early '07.

Better get a head start.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

is it rare ranchera?

ill-mariachi-stabz. sombreryo.

• It's gonna be all about records recorded in nursing homes in early '07.

Better get a head start.

you behind the times homie, the nursing home craze ended about 2 years ago. Now its all about deep janitorial funk.

• anyone want to put money down on what the next question is going to be?

I got money on it being Jheri curl related

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Put private gospel funk in the title and marcofunk will bid.

• kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts
    Put private gospel funk in the title and marcofunk will bid.

Truth. I haven't actually listened to this title but it sure as heck doesn't look like a $50 record to me. gospel terd?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    savoy = private???

• Put private gospel funk in the title and marcofunk will bid.

I actually think the word "AFRO" in the title clinched the deal on this one. I heard albums with afros on them sell for big bucks on Ebay.

And B****, you didn't know that anything not on a major rock record label like Warner Brothers, Capitol, Reprise, or Elektra is now considered "private"? Didn't you get the memo? I'll have my people re-send it to your people.

SONIC