Lupe Fiasco "Food & Liquor"

Rix22Rix22 67 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
I finally had an opportunity to listen to the "advance" of Lupe's album over the weekend and I'm interested in what the Strut Community thinks??

Comments

• Rix22Rix22 67 Posts

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    how about your own opinion since you're so curious what OTHERS think?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Does it contain further fashion advice along the lines of pairing "spitfire tees with sb dunks"?

• Rix22Rix22 67 Posts
    I'm a fan of "Kick Push" and I think the rest of the album is a nice change of pace from the usual topics you hear on most new albums that drop these days.

• Does it contain further fashion advice along the lines of pairing "spitfire tees with sb dunks"?

caught that video yesterday ..how fucking corny is this song? my girlfriend busted out laughing when she heard the "and coast" line. As a fan of both skateboarding and rap music..I aint feeling this dude at all. Shit sounds like a boring indie rapper from the mid to late 90s and everyone is getting excited about him..I dont get it?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Does it contain further fashion advice along the lines of pairing "spitfire tees with sb dunks"?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i dont even need to listen to this shit to know that it sucks

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

What, no Escada?

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

caught that video yesterday ..how fucking corny is this song? my girlfriend busted out laughing when she heard the "and coast" line. As a fan of both skateboarding and rap music..I aint feeling this dude at all. Shit sounds like a boring indie rapper from the mid to late 90s and everyone is getting excited about him..I dont get it?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My thoughts exactly.

I believe you owe me royalties.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

What, no Escada?

Son, Cop that Escada cell phone for the summer!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

seriously though, has anyone listened to any shit from this fucker and been beyond "oh it's aiight." i don't understand the hype at all.

now this new eightball and mjg track is what needs to be hyped up more.

What, no Escada?

Son, Cop that Escada cell phone for the summer!

He might have to put the top down in the Jetta the better to be seen with that...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Plaese... it's a Passat, son.

But it would definitely match this lavender Dior number...

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    Kick, Push & Coast.... Nice tracks... not the greatest but good for today's standards I guess... But then again I'm not Hip Hop head #1....

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

seriously though, has anyone listened to any shit from this fucker and been beyond "oh it's aiight." i don't understand the hype at all.

now this new eightball and mjg track is what needs to be hyped up more.

mp3?
    not at home right now but it's called "ridin high" (very original i know.) shits a banger of grand multitude though.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Shit sounds like a boring indie rapper from the mid to late 90s and everyone is getting excited about him..I dont get it?

Thats funny, cuz in the new XXL he says something about how dudes who haven't liked rap since '98 are feeling him.

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    i think dude is ok on the mic, not great by any means. i liked a few songs i heard off a mixtape from earlier with him just rapping over classic hip hop beats. kick push is pretty corny, although i sorta like the instrumental. but even cornier is the remix featuring Pharrell dropping a rhyme about what else ? Of course, him skateboarding, saying yessir, and name dropping his ugly clothes. all in all i think dude has potential but i'd say from what i've heard so far it's sorta boring.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    "ridin high" (very original i know.) shits a banger of grand multitude a decent bass track with pop appeal

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    OH SHIT.

"Touch the Sky" was just on David Letterman. Kanye and Lupe did real well. Wreckonize.

Lupe album is good IMO