Colbert at the White House Correspondents dinner!

12346»

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Also, the main reason why I was addressing democracy and Islamism was in response to Rockadelic who was asking talking about Islam and torture, and why might torture be used in that area of the world.

Many people tend to think that Islam is a rigid unchanging religion and these terrorists are trying to take people back to the 1500s or something. In fact Islamism is a completely new interpretation of Islam and is always changing. Some for the good and some for the bad. Obviously terrorism and talking about killing the apostates Muslim and non-Muslim alike is the most well known effect of these new views, but there are also examples of Hamas and Hezbollah who are as much terrorist groups as social service organizations who have taken on the role of serving the poor.

I'm no Islamist supporter and I support hunting down Al Qaeda, but my main point is that Islam and even Islamism are much more dynamic than a lot of people think.

I can post a bunch more about Islamism and the Enlightenment as well if you want.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I've since watched this video several times. While W got his ass handed to him, it was the press that REALLY got sonned. I seriously think Colbert is genius.

Also, like someone on here said and Jon Stewart Monday night. If you watch the Colbert show. He basically did a longer version of the "Word" segment. I guess the word was "Dubya"

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I've since watched this video several times. While W got his ass handed to him, it was the press that REALLY got sonned. I seriously think Colbert is genius.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts

I can post a bunch more about Islamism and the Enlightenment as well if you want.

That would be cool, if you have the time.

thanks

h

• actually, it was pretty FUNNY. Anyone really pissed about this clearly has issues. What the hell were you expecting him to do? It was somebody's dumb mistake that he kept getting invited.

By the way, you are either a shitty alias, or a wholly uninteresting and stupid person. go away.

and the rest of this thread? Rockadelic talking about beheading rapists or something? I cant follow.

peace.

you cant douse this inferno with that pussy juice. Step your comprehension game up.

It is quite clear that my beef was not with the act but the reception to the act here and the attitudes it highlights. I am a pimp deluxe with cheese. Quorn burger bitches need to chill.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I am a pimp deluxe with cheese. Quorn burger bitches need to chill.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

you cant douse this inferno with that pussy juice. I am a pimp deluxe with cheese. Quorn burger bitches need to chill.

I always like to look at the time of the post when reading something as creative as this.