dontcha

djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
does anyone remember an earlier version of "Dontcha Wish Your Girlfriend" with this really soulful singer and this minimal slow beat??? who was that singer? it was basically before those harlots got ahold of it.

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Tori Alamaze

The b-side had Mobb Deep on it.

The single was failing and she got dropped by the label... PCDs approached Cee-Lo (writer/producer/backup vox) about redoing it and he gave it the go-ahead. And now the song is ruined.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    damn, that song was killing it on blazing 98 or whatever the young folks listen to out here in SD.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Tori Alamaze

The b-side had Mobb Deep on it.

The single was failing and she got dropped by the label... PCDs approached Cee-Lo (writer/producer/backup vox) about redoing it and he gave it the go-ahead. And now the song is ruined.

was that the version with busta?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Busta wasn't on the Alamaze, he was on a version of the PCDs

Here's me right now for knowing so much about this song:

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    It's funny that Cee Lo caught so much heat over Gnarls Barkley on this board, but I recall nary a peep about his involvement with the Pussycat Dolls. Is it because Dangermouse doesn't look hot in a miniskirt?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    It's funny that Cee Lo caught so much heat over Gnarls Barkley on this board, but I recall nary a peep about his involvement with the Pussycat Dolls. Is it because Dangermouse doesn't look hot in a miniskirt?

You sound like Guzzle.

Are you still ass-hurt over your unmasking as a crotchety old rockist in that other thread?

The issue was less the actual music (which in both cases is thoroughly uninteresting) as it was the critical reception to it (which, in the case of Gnarls Barkley, has been inappropriately laudatory).

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Are you still ass-hurt over your unmasking as a crotchety old rockist in that other thread?

That could only be considered an "unmasking" if I had ever tried to my crotchety old rockist status. Step your game up, young D*niel!

You sound like Guzzle.

Which is par for the course since you sound like a crotchety young hip hop-ist.

The issue was less the actual music (which in both cases is thoroughly uninteresting) as it was the critical reception to it (which, in the case of Gnarls Barkley, has been inappropriately laudatory).

So you're saying that the PCD's Will.I.Am-featured club hit "Beep" is thoroughly uninteresting? I think there is an important market segment who would beg to differ.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    aw come on where's the "I'd blap"
    I was soo expecting to see one after such a large and rigteous jpeg

hi marco you rock