Dateline - Sexual Predators

2»

Comments

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    yodder! that broad is fine. if i was that dude, i woulda been pipin erryday

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts
    ...they are enticing men who, although creepy, would never have initiated a "meet-up" with a kid....that is kinda .

they tell the pervs that they are 13. the pervs then proceed to agree to meet. its pretty cut n dry.

this could be entrapment. if the idea to meet-up came from the 13 year old and not the perv, depending on state law, it might be the prosecutor's burden to prove that the perv wasn't coerced into doing something (meeting up) he wouldn't have done, but for the invitation.

My bigger question and concern while watching this was that the "accused" did not appear to be given the right to deny implicating themselves or bearing witness against themselves. I never saw them offered a lawyer or read their miranda rights. Also, from what I could gather, the swearing in of "helpers" to be deputies was a way to get around the local laws for all this. Very shady tactics of Dateline and the law in my opinion (and I have a daughter)!

By the time the pervs step into the house, they have already given the cops enough probably cause to arrest. So when the host of the show jumps out and starts peppering the dude with questions, that shit is beyond and seems like an obvious Miranda violation considering the fact that dateline is working with the cops.

Think about if the same scenario occurred, but instead of the host coming out to question the perv, it was the cops. In that case, there is no question that after he was mirandized, the perv would shut his mouth and ask for a lawyer. Why should this be any different??

dont they have to sign releases to air the sick fucks?
    even the perps on COPS do.

Interestingly, this was my other question...
    I wonder if they got to cop a deal by signing the agreements, which in effect does less good than if the cops just did the sting!

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts

I thought this was a pretty good article on the whole thing.
    It doesn't answer all the questions (like whether they have to sign releases) but it seems to raise a lot without seemingly being biased one way or the other.

Thanks for this!

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

I thought this was a pretty good article on the whole thing.
    It doesn't answer all the questions (like whether they have to sign releases) but it seems to raise a lot without seemingly being biased one way or the other.

Thanks for this!

I found this on Dateline's blog:

"From Nancy, Davenport, Iowa: How is that you are allowed to show the faces of the predators without their permission? I thought releases had to be signed. By the way, what you are doing is wonderful.

Chris Hansen: It would be more customary to obtain release, but Dateline is a news program not an entertainment program. It really depends on the circumstances. In some sensitive situations involving minors, for example, we have the parents sign release forms."

His answer makes no sense, but maybe California has some strange privacy laws.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    There are over 400,000 registered sex offenders in the U.S.

Whether that's more than 20 years ago or not really doesn't matter, it's too damn many. (Yes I realize that not all sex offenders are child molesters)

One stat I did find, although 16 years old, certainly supports the fact that it has been increasing in numbers.

Reported cases of child sexual abuse reached epidemic proportions, with a reported 322 percent increase from 1980 to 1990.
    Source: Sorensen & Snow, 1991.[/b]

Using some basic common sense and the facts I do know, leaves no doubt in my mind that

A) The media has focused on Females of late because it's new and unusual...reporting on perverted Uncle Bill or the average male child molester is no longer newsworthy as it's way too common and won't help ratings.......

and

B) It's a growing problem almost like a pyramid scheme where one man molests ten children and 5 of them grow up to be molesters and each molest 10 children and on and on...the numbers incrementally increase.....they have to.

And there is a reason why most of you who have children don't let your kids go out and do the things you did as a kid as far as roaming the neighborhood or being unsupervised.....it's no longer safe.

The first step in solving a problem is recognizing it exists and understanding how bad it is.

This has become a tremendous problem....regardless of the media's involvement.

Can anyone who doesn't believe this problem is growing show me some statistics that prove child molestation and rape is NOT on the rise??

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    There are over 400,000 registered sex offenders in the U.S.

Whether that's more than 20 years ago or not really doesn't matter, it's too damn many. (Yes I realize that not all sex offenders are child molesters)

One stat I did find, although 16 years old, certainly supports the fact that it has been increasing in numbers.

Reported cases of child sexual abuse reached epidemic proportions, with a reported 322 percent increase from 1980 to 1990.
    Source: Sorensen & Snow, 1991.[/b]

Using some basic common sense and the facts I do know, leaves no doubt in my mind that

A) The media has focused on Females of late because it's new and unusual...reporting on perverted Uncle Bill or the average male child molester is no longer newsworthy as it's way too common and won't help ratings.......

and

B) It's a growing problem almost like a pyramid scheme where one man molests ten children and 5 of them grow up to be molesters and each molest 10 children and on and on...the numbers incrementally increase.....they have to.

And there is a reason why most of you who have children don't let your kids go out and do the things you did as a kid as far as roaming the neighborhood or being unsupervised.....it's no longer safe.

The first step in solving a problem is recognizing it exists and understanding how bad it is.

This has become a tremendous problem....regardless of the media's involvement.

Can anyone who doesn't believe this problem is growing show me some statistics that prove child molestation and rape is NOT on the rise??

dont forget the advent of the internet.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Just the fact that Dateline lets you know whats going on in maybe ur community is a public service I believe. If the cops arrest them or not. I'd wanna know my kids teacher is trying to have sex with 13 year olds.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Anybody here had teachers in high school who were known to bang students? There were two female teachers in my high school way back yonder that were NOTORIOUS for puttin' it on dudes. One of them was named Miss Gatooley (probably spelled that wrong), but all the dudes called her Miss Good Booty. I thought it was just made up stories until I saw her riding one of my homies around town after school hours on a regular basis. He gave me all the details on her- straight up freak to the bone.
    The other teacher I forget her name, but I think she had a serious relationship going with this big 6' 4" defensive-tackle-lookin' 12th grader. Drama ensued, I believe, but I never got the full story.

that blonde teacher chick in the pics, though... CAN'T be nothin' wrong with her puttin' her stank on a young 13 year old fella. That's not molestation, that's a wet dream come true and an incredible stroke of luck.