Dateline - Sexual Predators

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Seriously... It makes me not want to have kids. My gurl and I have been talking about kids also. But seeing this stuff really scares/freaks me right out.I've also been noticing that teachers are becoming the new "priests" deal in the media. Everytime I check the papers or TV, it's some teacher...Even crazier, is many are women.Case in point... WTF (I said WTF) is up with this???http://www.dicksonherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060426/NEWS03/60426004/1297/MTCN02I mean like... WOW... Before it was creepy looking people. Now it's "Hot" teachers???More pics of her here:http://attustest.blogspot.com/2006/04/pamela-rogers.htmlIs anyone else scared to bring kids into this world?

Comments

• I saw some of that on MSNBC yesterday. That hillbilly with the 12 pack of beer and the two six packs od "hard lemonade" was a real winner...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I saw some of that on MSNBC yesterday. That hillbilly with the 12 pack of beer and the two six packs od "hard lemonade" was a real winner...

No doubt. They were all losers. But, the question is... Look how many are more than happy to drive 2 hours in the dead of night. It seems like if you were to do this as a full time gig (Catch these sickos) you'd be working 24/7 with people showing up constantly.

The one dude really scared me. The really educated one. That had that letter in his car.

I see this as one of the biggest problems with society and the future. People watch over ur kids! I really don't think there is anything wrong with being over protective nowadays.

• I saw some of that on MSNBC yesterday. That hillbilly with the 12 pack of beer and the two six packs od "hard lemonade" was a real winner...

No doubt. They were all losers. But, the question is... Look how many are more than happy to drive 2 hours in the dead of night. It seems like if you were to do this as a full time gig (Catch these sickos) you'd be working 24/7 with people showing up constantly.

The one dude really scared me. The really educated one. That had that letter in his car.

I see this as one of the biggest problems with society and the future. People watch over ur kids! I really don't think there is anything wrong with being over protective nowadays.

The 6th grade teacher that showed up to meet a girl he thought was 13 years old ought to be locked up, quickly...

• PausePause 11 Posts
    Cam'ron Takes On Pedophiles In New DVD

Ok, we admit ... we see a lot of crazy stories (many involving rappers) but this one is really bugged out. Harlem rapper Cam'ron (same dude who dissed Jay-Z recently and was shot during a carjacking last year) is putting out a public service DVD to educate people on the danger of ... pedophiles. What Cam plans to do is run a sting operation, luring potential pedophiles to meet with fake children ... and then confront them when they show up, video camera in hand (he learned this from MSNBC):

"We set up a similar situation where we are videotaping people thinking they're gonna meet little kids. When they get there, it's gonna be me and [my manger] Big Joe like, 'What the hell are you doing, you damn pervert? What the f--- is wrong with you, coming to meet a 13-year-old boy?' We're gonna talk to them and not let them leave until we find out what's wrong with them."

Mind you, we have NO problem, whatsoever, with anyone trying to educate people about sexual predators ... it's just that "Killa" Cam never struck us as the most socially responsible guy, especially when he's trying to school his listeners on the benefits of dealing crack. Still, we will admit: we would pay to see Cam and Big Joe scare the living hell out of some unsuspecting predators. Ah, hip-hop.

http://spaces.msn.com/musicfilter/blog/cns!1E13828BC4057369!1878.entry

hmm?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    It's funny to see most of thee sick fucks are students at some Bible college or some shit.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I saw some of that on MSNBC yesterday. That hillbilly with the 12 pack of beer and the two six packs od "hard lemonade" was a real winner...

The 6th grade teacher that showed up to meet a girl he thought was 13 years old ought to be locked up, quickly...

Man...as a father of 3 girls that shit was sick. Dude is trying to hook up w/ girls the same age as his students. Very distrubing. I watch maybe 2 hours of tv a week, but for some reason I always manage to catch these specials.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    I've also been noticing that teachers are becoming the new "priests" deal in the media. Everytime I check the papers or TV, it's some teacher...

Even crazier, is many are women.

No offense, but this isn't an example of "many" being women. One is a woman.
    Current media subject du jour.... well... and sex always sells!

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Life isn't fair.

- spidey

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    all i know is... that 13 year old boy is gonna be offered BANK for those sex videos the teacher sent him. in this day & age of leaked celebrity sex videos, some production company is gonna want dibs on those. kinda sick but true.

seems like people aren't as bothered when it's a female molesting a younger boy though... is it considered less perverted only because guys are less likely to decline?? parents seem more likely to be less protective of boys in the family [compared to the girls]. i wonder if people consider the events less traumatizing in the case of boys... or what if it's a case where a younger girl is the one chasing an older male teacher?... i'm not trying to justify anything here... these guys are still sick... i'm just throwing around some different scenarios...

• Man...as a father of 3 girls that shit was sick. Dude is trying to hook up w/ girls the same age as his students. Very distrubing. I watch maybe 2 hours of tv a week, but for some reason I always manage to catch these specials.

At the risk of starting a 5-pager (as something like that broke out the last time this topic came up) I would love to see definitive stats that says child abuse/abduction is actually up. And, I mean Percentages, not just numbers, as with increases in population, numbers will always go up. I feel like these cases get a lot of coverage, which may skew our perception of how much it is actually happening, ie., it might be the same as it always was.

People are quick to point out that the Internet is this great tool for predators to pick up kids. But, we should also point out it is a great way to CATCH these same people. There are always stories about sting operations, people getting caught, etc. It works both ways...

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Man...as a father of 3 girls that shit was sick. Dude is trying to hook up w/ girls the same age as his students. Very distrubing. I watch maybe 2 hours of tv a week, but for some reason I always manage to catch these specials.

At the risk of starting a 5-pager (as something like that broke out the last time this topic came up) I would love to see definitive stats that says child abuse/abduction is actually up. And, I mean Percentages, not just numbers, as with increases in population, numbers will always go up. I feel like these cases get a lot of coverage, which may skew our perception of how much it is actually happening, ie., it might be the same as it always was.

People are quick to point out that the Internet is this great tool for predators to pick up kids. But, we should also point out it is a great way to CATCH these same people. There are always stories about sting operations, people getting caught, etc. It works both ways...

Yeah, I raised the same question the last time there was a thread like this. I wonder if there is a) more predators b) more media coverage of them c) more predators getting caught c) all of the above. I think the media is capitalizing on fear as usual.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Life isn't fair.

here's another one, debra lafave

I've also been noticing that teachers are becoming the new "priests" deal in the media. Everytime I check the papers or TV, it's some teacher...

Even crazier, is many are women.

No offense, but this isn't an example of "many" being women. One is a woman.
    Current media subject du jour.... well... and sex always sells!

I just posted her cause she's someone who looking at you would never think in a million years.

But in the last 3 months, I've probably seen stories on about 5-10 women.

I know it's nothing compared to males that do this shit. But, it's something you never really heard about in the past.

Up from when? The Internet age? It's definitely up since the advent of the net in most homes.

And I agree, the Net should be used fully to catch these people. But, I'm 100% positive this isn't just the media blowing this up and making a mountain of a molehill. Just go into any major chat service. Like, Yahoo... Shit is fucked up.

One of the first Dateline specials, they just went into one of these rooms pretending they were young boys and they had so many people trying to talk to them. I can't remember how many people showed up in 2 days, but it was alot. You could never really do stats on this issue anyways. You might as well pick a number out of a hat to get a figure.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    First let me state that I am not in any way trying to deffend these guys.

I'm no expert on the law, but it seems like some of these guys could claim entrapment if they had a good lawyer. I guess as long as sex is first brought up by the perp and not the agent then it isn't. But I wonder if any of the guys caught on these shows actually do time, or if some of the cases get thrown out.

LawStrutters stand up

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

I'm no expert on the law, but it seems like some of these guys could claim entrapment if they had a good lawyer. I guess as long as sex is first brought up by the perp and not the agent then it isn't. But I wonder if any of the guys caught on these shows actually do time, or if some of the cases get thrown out.

LawStrutters stand up

i don't do a lot of criminal law but i believe that there are two distinctions here:

1) its a tv show, not the police who are setting these dudes up

and

2) if the men are initiating the idea to "meet up", its probably not entrapment.

I have a problem with this show because we aren't told about the internet conversations. Its great if they are catching people who would otherwise be actual predators, but if they are enticing men who, although creepy, would never have initiated a "meet-up" with a kid....that is kinda .

LawStrutters stand up

i don't do a lot of criminal law but i believe that there are two distinctions here:

1) its a tv show, not the police who are setting these dudes up

and

2) if the men are initiating the idea to "meet up", its probably not entrapment.

I have a problem with this show because we aren't told about the internet conversations. Its great if they are catching people who would otherwise be actual predators, but if they are enticing men who, although creepy, would never have initiated a "meet-up" with a kid....that is kinda .

No, the police are involved. They even have to deputize some of the people involved. And I don't think they entice. They pretty much let the guys do it.

Like, the teacher I believe. They showed some of his chat logs. They even read back to these guys what they said.

Most are pushing sex of some sort.

They arrest all these guys on the scene after Dateline interviews them.

I'm guessing they do all this by the book.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    ...they are enticing men who, although creepy, would never have initiated a "meet-up" with a kid....that is kinda .

they tell the pervs that they are 13. the pervs then proceed to agree to meet. its pretty cut n dry.

as for thar one blonde teacher, she is beautiful. why not me!!?? why!!?? i wont tell!

• Up from when? The Internet age? It's definitely up since the advent of the net in most homes.

I want stats on this before I believe it...not trying to big too big a skeptic, but I feel like this is the sort of assumption that Malcolm Gladwell would carve up and serve as a 2,000 word essay.

...they are enticing men who, although creepy, would never have initiated a "meet-up" with a kid....that is kinda .

they tell the pervs that they are 13. the pervs then proceed to agree to meet. its pretty cut n dry.

this could be entrapment. if the idea to meet-up came from the 13 year old and not the perv, depending on state law, it might be the prosecutor's burden to prove that the perv wasn't coerced into doing something (meeting up) he wouldn't have done, but for the invitation.

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    While there is some SERIOUSLY shady stuff going on in the world today and things may be taking a turn for the worse, I'm not convinced that this sort of stuff is actually going up, for the reasons previously stated in this thread and also because the stigma of abuse is slowly being lifted more people are coming forward. The Irish Government has set aside hundreds of millions of pounds for all the church related abuse that went on. The stigma of that sort of abuse and people literally having the fear of God put into them if they grassed is going to blow up big time and this is a hang over from the 50's onwards. These scummy priests used to beat you if they saw you at a soccer match rather than Gaelic football or hurling so what must have they done to the poor fucks they abused.

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts

this could be entrapment. if the idea to meet-up came from the 13 year old and not the perv, depending on state law, it might be the prosecutor's burden to prove that the perv wasn't coerced into doing something (meeting up) he wouldn't have done, but for the invitation.

My bigger question and concern while watching this was that the "accused" did not appear to be given the right to deny implicating themselves or bearing witness against themselves. I never saw them offered a lawyer or read their miranda rights. Also, from what I could gather, the swearing in of "helpers" to be deputies was a way to get around the local laws for all this. Very shady tactics of Dateline and the law in my opinion (and I have a daughter)!

My bigger question and concern while watching this was that the "accused" did not appear to be given the right to deny implicating themselves or bearing witness against themselves. I never saw them offered a lawyer or read their miranda rights. Also, from what I could gather, the swearing in of "helpers" to be deputies was a way to get around the local laws for all this. Very shady tactics of Dateline and the law in my opinion (and I have a daughter)!

By the time the pervs step into the house, they have already given the cops enough probably cause to arrest. So when the host of the show jumps out and starts peppering the dude with questions, that shit is beyond and seems like an obvious Miranda violation considering the fact that dateline is working with the cops.

Think about if the same scenario occurred, but instead of the host coming out to question the perv, it was the cops. In that case, there is no question that after he was mirandized, the perv would shut his mouth and ask for a lawyer. Why should this be any different??

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    if you found said tape on your doorstep, would you watch it ?

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    i'd take it... handcuffs and all!!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    yodder! that broad is fine. if i was that dude, i woulda been pipin erryday

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

By the time the pervs step into the house, they have already given the cops enough probably cause to arrest. So when the host of the show jumps out and starts peppering the dude with questions, that shit is beyond and seems like an obvious Miranda violation considering the fact that dateline is working with the cops.

Think about if the same scenario occurred, but instead of the host coming out to question the perv, it was the cops. In that case, there is no question that after he was mirandized, the perv would shut his mouth and ask for a lawyer. Why should this be any different??

dont they have to sign releases to air the sick fucks?
    even the perps on COPS do.