Toronto Jazz Festival

grahamgraham 201 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone check the line ups yet? This night is awesome its $50 but dam check the artists.

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    When is this? I'd for gor $50.

I hardly consider Jon Lucien a superstar of jazz fusion...

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    I'd go too. I gotta get back to Toronto soon.

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    Heres the full line up http://www.ticketmaster.ca/artist/967898

That show is June 29th. The harbourfront theatre is a great venue, very small. Its general admission to so get there early and grab a good seat.

I just noticed yuseef lateef for $20, dam

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    tte back of the tent is open so you can stand there and watch for free if you choose to do so.

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    yea true, the fusion jazz and yusef lateef arent at the tent though.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    oops it's at harbourfront, I missed that part. They lock that are pretty tight for paid shows, so no chnace of a freebie.

I heard mark de clive lowe will be doing a freesoul session at harbourfront later this summer. Free!

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Anyone check the line ups yet? This night is awesome its $50 but dam check the artists.

I suspect that a lot of credit re: the lineup for that gig belongs to Al*k Sh*rm*...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Al*k is one real dude.

Harbourfront puts on some great free shows. The last few years that I've gone down there during the summer have been great.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    When I heard about that lineup I was damn excited..

I'm not sure who was able to book all those amazing artists... but it is an REMG show.

I will be there without question

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Who's Al*k?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Who's Al*k?

one of the bookers/programmers at Harbourfront Centre - (used to) DJ, promote, etc.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    aKa DJ Kola.

The man has done/does everything. DJ/Manage/Promote/Radio/Retail/etc etc etc

And one really nice dude.

Question? REMG?? I don't see anything on their site. Do they really have anything to do with this?

aKa DJ Kola.

The man has done/does everything. DJ/Manage/Promote/Radio/Retail/etc etc etc

And one really nice dude.

Question? REMG?? I don't see anything on their site. Do they really have anything to do with this?

Yea they do. They are branching out from strictly hip-hop events , and they were fully involved with this concert.

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    its not on their site yet, but I got it in their newsletter they send out

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    my main concern is Roy with his phony vibes that he has been playing the last few years (electric synth style). Will he make it a decidedly "smooth" jazz affair? I hope not as this show looks beautiful.

my main concern is Roy with his phony vibes that he has been playing the last few years (electric synth style). Will he make it a decidedly "smooth" jazz affair? I hope not as this show looks beautiful.

here's the thing.... it isn't just about Roy on this show.. look at that lineup!!

• i saw Roy last year or so, with his MalletKat (aka phony vibes) but he killed it regardless, hands down.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    i saw Roy last year or so, with his MalletKat (aka phony vibes) but he killed it regardless, hands down.

that is good to hear....i had only heard VERY rough reports on the set he was using. And catalist, you are right, the lineup is killin it regardless. Pretty sure I'll be at that show, if just to see Bobbi !!!!!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    he was using the same set 4-5 yrs ago when he played at a free harbourfront show, I don't expect him to change. It does sound kinda cheesy, but you get over it real quick since it's roy y'know? He is charismatic on stage.....

ok just checked, lineup this year looks decent. Pharoah Sanders, Mccoy Tyner, Marcus Belgrave, Maceo Parker, Charlie Hunter, Andy Bey, Sharon Jones, Seu Jorge (oh snap) and soulstrut's favourite buck 65, woot!