Springtime beat post (no blazing downtempo)

m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
A few sunshiny days last week made me believe that spring was finally here. Now it's back to rain and grey skies . Time to bring back the sun. Now I know people can get busy with the moody loops and the funk braeks, but I want to hear some lighthearted shit right about now.Something for the ladies. Something for the whip. Something that goes bumpdebump. Something that makes me want to drink instead of smoke. Some happy-ass shit.I'll set it off with:Number 1 (EDIT - new upload, fixed some pitch issues. Still not perfect, but hey???)It's sort of "Watch Out Now" meets The Gypsy Kings. I know a lot of people on here won't like this, but I'm just not feeling the nerdy stuff right now.Help me chase the clouds away???

Comments

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Don't know if this counts as blazing downtempo...

But I started it a few nights ago to procrastinate from some exam sudying.

beat chemist - oh no demo.mp3

I just listened to your beat. I'm really feeling it. Nice flute loop, and the drums/rhythm programming is nice as well. Feelgoodsummertimegirlsatbbqs type shit. I wish I could create some real uptempo fly shit like this.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    A few sunshiny days last week made me believe that spring was finally here. Now it's back to rain and grey skies . Time to bring back the sun.

Now I know people can get busy with the moody loops and the funk braeks, but I want to hear some lighthearted shit right about now.

Something for the ladies. Something for the whip. Something that goes bumpdebump. Something that makes me want to drink instead of smoke. Some happy-ass shit.

I'll set it off with:

Number 1 (EDIT - new upload, fixed some pitch issues. Still not perfect, but hey???)

It's sort of "Watch Out Now" meets The Gypsy Kings. I know a lot of people on here won't like this, but I'm just not feeling the nerdy stuff right now.

Help me chase the clouds away???

yo dawg, det er skuda lidt kringlet at downloade fra denne her, eller er det bare mig der er stenalder ???
    jeg fyrer noget scheit p?? her om lidt...
    peace-

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Upskiboo, I'm feeling that discoboogie thing right now. That chorus theme is real nice. This is the TV2 remix competetion track? Why won't you let the people hear the vocal version? I'd love to hear Steffen Brandt get groovay on this, heheh .

yo dawg, det er skuda lidt kringlet at downloade fra denne her, eller er det bare mig der er stenalder???

If you got beef with rapidshare, here's a yousendit link instead:
    http://download.yousendit.com/83BFCDB37C92B6A2

--

Hey BeatChemist, I want to hear that track you did a while back with the "keep me off your charts" chorus again. I seem to have lost it. I really liked that one. Could you post the link again?

• Upskiboo, that joint is sick! Really nice

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    not sure if this is blazing or downtempo, but its some simple shit i started this afternoon

cips only 30 seconds, as usual, check it so far:

http://www.boomspeed.com/fannywagon/lastwords2.mp3

Hey BeatChemist, I want to hear that track you did a while back with the "keep me off your charts" chorus again. I seem to have lost it. I really liked that one. Could you post the link again?

That's available on my website - www.beatchemist.com

It's pretty bare bones right now, but I have plans for a re-vamp and online EP of some kind really soon. There's a few other things up there right now though. A nice remix of Edan's Fumbling Over Words That Rhyme - which people around here seemed to enjoy when I posted it a while back.

New shit coming soon though. I'm back on my musical grind after a slump of a few months. I always get in low creative swings during winter.

Thanks for the interest! I've been playing the beat you posted a lot lately. It's definitely sunny weather soundtrack material.

not sure if this is blazing or downtempo, but its some simple shit i started this afternoon

cips only 30 seconds, as usual, check it so far:

http://www.boomspeed.com/fannywagon/lastwords2.mp3

I think you and me are blazing up this thread...

I'm digging this one for sure though. Love the triangle. And the moaning ladies drum roll. I really think we should start some sort of soulstrut beatmaker challenge or something. I know it's been done before... but there's so much talent around here and we should get cracking on some shit together. Maybe like a "everyone use the same samples" contest or something like that... maybe I'll start a thread about it.

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    Nice stuff from everyone so far, I want more of it cause I konw it's out there.
    Anyways, heres somethin I did a couple months ago that might fit this description.
    A HREF="http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0PWB4JSOP3IU93NZBY472IW77N">Hippyish/A>

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    http://www.beatchemist.com/music/beatchemist-ohnodemo.mp3

Damn this is nice to hear after a night of some glasses of wine and the end of school. nice. love the kick of the beat.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    i dont think ive ever done anything that would fit in this thread.

it has a reverse effect on me, i get depressed when i hear stuff like the one you posted dejean, and i get happy when i hear some raw evil funk.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    i dont think ive ever done anything that would fit in this thread.

it has a reverse effect on me, i get depressed when i hear stuff like the one you posted dejean, and i get happy when i hear some raw evil funk.

Haha, I knew you would hate it, McDoom. I remember we talked about that. Sorry to get you all depressed .

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    upskiboo, nice diddy..

Respect