* I need help *

1219197712191977 323 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I???m about 7 weeks into quitting smoking the herb and im jones'n like a bitch right about now. Who has some advice about curbing the craving? I???m mostly quitting so I can finish my undergraduate degree. Iv been a "multi-puff a day" type for the last 12 years so its a long time relationship. Any advice is much apretiated.

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Let me know how that works out for you. Personally, I'd go mad. Oops, sorry, I mean: go join a sports team.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    I???m about 7 weeks into quitting smoking the herb and im jones'n like a bitch right about now. Who has some advice about curbing the craving? I???m mostly quitting so I can finish my undergraduate degree. Iv been a "multi-puff a day" type for the last 12 years so its a long time relationship. Any advice is much apretiated.

this might not be what you wanted to hear, but i was only able to quit when i actually had a desire to. that is, i just didn't want to smoke any more. earlier attempts, when i actually did want to get high, now seem silly. if you really think you need to quit smoking (or is it for work?) then you'll probably naturally get into that mode.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    What do you mean? You cant smoke weed and go to college at the same time?

jeez.

• I???m about 7 weeks into quitting smoking the herb and im jones'n like a bitch right about now. Who has some advice about curbing the craving? I???m mostly quitting so I can finish my undergraduate degree. Iv been a "multi-puff a day" type for the last 12 years so its a long time relationship. Any advice is much apretiated.

this might not be what you wanted to hear, but i was only able to quit when i actually had a desire to. that is, i just didn't want to smoke any more. earlier attempts, when i actually did want to get high, now seem silly. if you really think you need to quit smoking (or is it for work?) then you'll probably naturally get into that mode.

I hate to say it, but I agree with this. I always say that I quit because I smoked 1 time too many. After that last time, it didn't take any thought or effort...I was just through with it. If you need to quit, then this sounds like a tough way to go about it. But, if you need to put it down for a while, look at it more in those terms- that for your own quality of life, you need a temporary lifestyle change, and you reserve the right to go back in the future, when it is more feasible.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    hypnotherapy

seriously tho i smoked for 10 years with no break and i quit easily after about 4 days. other dude is right though you have to want to. what the ysay is true though, physical dependency is only about 3 days, the rest is in your head. that's why i said hypnotherapy. or alcohol. sports is actual a good idea. go play some basketball, it's the perfect time of year.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

I hate to say it, but I agree with this. I always say that I quit because I smoked 1 time too many. After that last time, it didn't take any thought or effort...I was just through with it. If you need to quit, then this sounds like a tough way to go about it. But, if you need to put it down for a while, look at it more in those terms- that for your own quality of life, you need a temporary lifestyle change, and you reserve the right to go back in the future, when it is more feasible.

Start taking a more academic drug like speed and you wont have any money for weed. You will also crank out the school work.

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts

Start taking a more academic drug like speed and you wont have any money for weed. You will also crank out the school work.

I was think'n about that ...... but probly

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I agree with the dudes about really wanting to quit and if im not too obnoxious i think youre like me. Type of guy that sees the improvements quitting smoking in his semester could have and wants to stop but is not really gonna stop smoking (summer is coming up man)

For me I was mentally setting myself up like i was quitting (7 weeks bravo!) and then it just really lestened my daily consumption to the point where i was'nt smoking on the daily anymore.

Tricks are working in areas where you cant smoke until sorta late and then convinving yourslef to sleep instead of smoking and noticing how much better youre next day is.

However if you are having the jitters have some tea or someshit.

good luck man

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts

I was think'n about that ...... but probly

Remember that family ties episode when alex tried speed?

• girgir 329 Posts
    What do you mean? You cant smoke weed and go to college at the same time?

jeez.