HELP!!! De La Soul fans...

GonzoGonzo 1 Post
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
So I have been looking for the name of this track/band for years. Today I went to a record store near my house to further my inquieries and I was sent to this site. Hopefully I can get further direction here...The track I am looking for features Posdnous as the only Vocal (there are some La La back ups). It is a sort of elctro/dance-y track that was released (I think) around 2001. I heard it on Michigan State University's radio station a few times back then and was never able to write down the song title or band name. I know that I don't have much info here but it's all I got really. I think the track was used in a movie tha was also released around that time as a sort of back up track that was not listed in the movies soundtrack or musical credits (could of been one that stupid Van Wilder movie). In any event thanks in advance! -N

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    So I have been looking for the name of this track/band for years. Today I went to a record store near my house to further my inquieries and I was sent to this site. Hopefully I can get further direction here...

The track I am looking for features Posdnous as the only Vocal (there are some La La back ups). It is a sort of elctro/dance-y track that was released (I think) around 2001. I heard it on Michigan State University's radio station a few times back then and was never able to write down the song title or band name. I know that I don't have much info here but it's all I got really. I think the track was used in a movie tha was also released around that time as a sort of back up track that was not listed in the movies soundtrack or musical credits (could of been one that stupid Van Wilder movie). In any event thanks in advance!

-N

it's dope that SS has 'real world' rep like that!

so is this a band with pos guesting? or a one-off dela joint? i'm down for the cause homie, need more info though...

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    I know there's a De La track with the band Teenage Fanclub, but i haven't heard it in ages so i can't remember if it's dancey... could be worth a look though...

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I know there's a De La track with the band Teenage Fanclub, but i haven't heard it in ages so i can't remember if it's dancey... could be worth a look though...

wasn't that like 1990 on the judgment night soundtrack or some shit though? dude's looking for something off AI or Bionix or whatever, I think (he said around 2001 with La La)...

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    I think the track you are looking for could be "I like it (more than you know)"....It was on a prince paul album I think...maybe Prince of Thieves. I played this out at clubs ALOT when it came out...I thought it was about 99 though.

It uses the beat to the extra t's song by the same name so the electro dance description sounds like it could be right on.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts

wasn't that like 1990 on the judgment night soundtrack or some shit though? dude's looking for something off AI or Bionix or whatever, I think (he said around 2001 with La La)...

Tracks called "Fallin" and it is kinda dancey (in a slow, piano laden "praise you" kinda way), but not electro at all. And either its later than that, or local radio was just waaaaaay late to the party, coz it was getting play in about 99 or so.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    this has been quite an efficient thread! thanks for posting that up Martin..

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Typed in Van Wilder & De La Soul into Google and according to an Amazon review:
    "the De La Soul song is officially credited to Mint Royale......Pos just guests on it. It is called 'Show Me' as you said and is from a cd called "On The Ropes."/A>

http://www.faithandhope.co.uk/images/artists/1/music/Show.ram

Pretty sure that's what you're looking for.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    i'll post a higher quality MP3 of the song in a few mins...

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    ok... i didn't really care for this track at all, but i found it on slsk... so here it is:

Mint Royale - Show Me (feat Posdnuos)

and if this isn't it, there's also a dance remix called something like "crazy penis remix" (A YO!!)... no wonder i'd never heard of this track.