whats good/new in RAP

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Scarface Presents The Product - One Hunid.

yes.

"i'm a" is a killer

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    What's the vibe on that Trae ft/Pimp C "Swang" locally and nationally? STL is starting to play it along with the Lil Keke.

Locally, Swang is over a year old and laying dead on it's back.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    And some people--though not me--might recommend the Heltah Skeltah album

i do, it's not as great as the other two he mentioned, but you should check it out for the full (good) boot camp experience

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I bought my little sis a Boom Bap Project CD for her birthday & really liked it.
    Anyways, Re. Boot Camp Clik - For The People, I've had this album for ages & remember listening to it a bit when I first got it & thought it was OK, maybe I still have it, but now I think about it, my ex-wife used to quite like it, maybe she took it when she split, whatever, not a bad album I thought, why would people not say anything good about it?

• If you dunno Boot Camp Clik look into album "For The People"...

This is the only time I have ever heard anybody say anything good about this album.

LoL, I have to admit I haven't listened to it, although I was told from what I thought was a good source that it was good?

Guess I'll have to re-assess his authority in these matters...

Which ones are good?

No, it's trash, and effectively ended their careers.

The only two BCC projects anyone needs:

And some people--though not me--might recommend the Heltah Skeltah album.

I have all 3 of those albums and I'm sad to think I recommended one I didn't even listen to when I posess the 3 which are worth honorable mention.

However, Originoo Gun Clappaz deserves mention

It isn't anything , but some hot tracks there...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

However, Originoo Gun Clappaz deserves mention

It isn't anything , but some hot tracks there...

i co-sign.

This is the only time I have ever heard anybody say anything good about this album.

LoL, I have to admit I haven't listened to it, although I was told from what I thought was a good source that it was good?

Which ones are good?

To this I would add that I listen to the first OGC more than Blackmoon, but less than the Smif n Wessun album. That first Heltah Skeltah album hasn't aged as well in my opinion. I still like some of it though.

Which ones are good?

To this I would add that I listen to the first OGC more than Blackmoon, but less than the Smif n Wessun album. That first Heltah Skeltah album hasn't aged as well in my opinion. I still like some of it though.

First OGC?

Is that this one?

Any chance you could up that?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

Rick Ross-Hustlin' (LP version/remix version)
    this, "chevy ridin hot" and the dj khaled joint are the hottest tracks out right now

• Rick Ross-Hustlin' (LP version/remix version)
    this, "chevy ridin hot" and the dj khaled joint are the hottest tracks out right now

That Khaled is kind of not hot Maybe because a few people have already touched old Kraftwerk/Bambatta samples in the past few months already, but I ain't mad at a fast track with Pitbull.

decent club filler. forgotten in a few months though.

• thanks to everyone for taking this post seriously, ya'll could have easily clowned me and let this post sink. i'm going to get busy locating all these tracks, i think i saw many of them up on digiwaxx. i'm feeling alot of love from the strut. whenever i ask for help people i got peopel all over the world giving tips. may record karma come back to all of you.

I really wanna kill it this weekend so i can maybe turn this 1 off into a regular gig. i already got the eclectic dance party thing going in this town. it would be nice to have a foot in the mainstreem rap side of things...then i can completly run shit in this town, now i gotta move on to other towns....

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

my DJ friend tells me there's a willy wonka "i don't like the look of that" sampling song.

someone asked me for this on saturday night. track id?

Da Backwudz - "I Don't Like The Look Of It".

It's pretty cool. Been around for a few months now, I think.

I HATE THAT SONG!!!!!!!! Straight Garbation people! I don't like the sound of it! LOL

I love it. My first impression of the video was , but it's growing on me too.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    thanks to everyone for taking this post seriously, ya'll could have easily clowned me and let this post sink.

I found this to be an education too. Personally, I'm sick of the snap/trap/hustlin/g-unit joints. But i cant front on TI and Lil Wayne - shit maybe I should get into this Young Jeezy after all?

The kids are not feelin the new ghostface - it's official.

Rick Ross-Hustlin' (LP version/remix version)
    this,
    "chevy ridin hot" and the dj khaled joint are the hottest tracks out right now

Stop the madness.

Chevy ridin? whoa. Worst shit in ages. Dre (of cool and dre) needs to never ever touch a mic, same for Rick Ross.

horrid.

you're not feelin rick ross?!?!?!?! whoa dude. insanity

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i dont think rick ross is nearly as bad as others feel he is but he is pretty much a poor man's young jeezy

i dont think rick ross is nearly as bad as others feel he is but he is pretty much a poor man's young jeezy

Mix in a pinch of badly executed cam'ron-esque wordplay and you're right on the money.

The really killer was him on Trina's - "I got a". She sonned dude on that track. Made him sound amateurish an out of breath.

• i dont think rick ross is nearly as bad as others feel he is but he is pretty much a poor man's young jeezy

Mix in a pinch of badly executed cam'ron-esque wordplay and you're right on the money.

The really killer was him on Trina's - "I got a". She sonned dude on that track. Made him sound amateurish an out of breath.

Trina sonnin' a rapper? I thought I'd would never read/hear such a thing.

but then again you don't really pay attention.

• I started to make a list of hot shit, but then realized that it was way too local for SS.

Dj Khaled - Holla at me feat Fat joe, Paul Wall, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne.
    Young Joc - Going down
    Yound Dro - Shoulder lean feat TI
    Lil Jon - Snap ya fingers
    Rasheeda - Get this money
    Shawnna - Getting some & remix
    Bohagon - Wuz up feat the chics from Crime mob
    Ray Cash - Bumpin my music
    Kinfolk Kia Shine - Respect my fresh
    TI - Why you wanna
    TI - What you know
    TI - Front back (maybe that's just Houston)
    Lil Boosie - Ratchet (UGHHH STILL!!!)
    Lil Webbie - Like that
    BG - Move around
    Lil Wayne - hustler music
    Crime Mob - Rock yo Hips
    Trap squad - What "ha'nanen"

Local shit bonus tracks:

Lil Keke - Chunk up the deuce
    Wino - Pop my trunk
    Mc Qua & Hi-C feat Master P - Guitar wit it

Is that stuff getting run on the radio and in clubs where you are?

The Bay is real insular right now. I haven't heard any new non-Bay rap on the radio or in clubs out here lately except for T.I., Dem Franchise Boyz, the Lil Jon featuring 40 and, to a way lesser extent, the new Field Mob. Otherwise, it's all hyphy, all the time.

• i dont think rick ross is nearly as bad as others feel he is but he is pretty much a poor man's young jeezy

i dont know. ive heard him come with it. i really like his flow and voice, and his lyrics. "I got a v-12, sweeter than a female, feels like intercourse-bucklin the seatbelt"

I started to make a list of hot shit, but then realized that it was way too local for SS.

Dj Khaled - Holla at me feat Fat joe, Paul Wall, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne.
    Young Joc - Going down
    Yound Dro - Shoulder lean feat TI
    Lil Jon - Snap ya fingers
    Rasheeda - Get this money
    Shawnna - Getting some & remix
    Bohagon - Wuz up feat the chics from Crime mob
    Ray Cash - Bumpin my music
    Kinfolk Kia Shine - Respect my fresh
    TI - Why you wanna
    TI - What you know
    TI - Front back (maybe that's just Houston)
    Lil Boosie - Ratchet (UGHHH STILL!!!)
    Lil Webbie - Like that
    BG - Move around
    Lil Wayne - hustler music
    Crime Mob - Rock yo Hips
    Trap squad - What "ha'nanen"

Local shit bonus tracks:

Lil Keke - Chunk up the deuce
    Wino - Pop my trunk
    Mc Qua & Hi-C feat Master P - Guitar wit it

Is that stuff getting run on the radio and in clubs where you are?

The Bay is real insular right now. I haven't heard any new non-Bay rap on the radio or in clubs out here lately except for T.I., Dem Franchise Boyz, the Lil Jon featuring 40 and, to a way lesser extent, the new Field Mob. Otherwise, it's all hyphy, all the time.

Absolutely. The only cut that isn't in rotation is the Rasheeda cut which I've been playing and getting REALLY good reaction to. I'm fairly ahead of other dj's and miles ahead of the radio dudes (who are the biggest club djs in town). They still call the Ray Cash "new".

I mean, this is Houston. We're pretty insular too, but we can play stuff from across the map at gigs.

What I mean to say is that she's a good rapper. Her verses on "Don't Trip" parallel Lil Wayne's. That is, of course, if you consider Lil Wayne a good rapper.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    anyone playing that ayanna joint with bangladesh production? the beat is monsterous.

What I mean to say is that she's a good rapper. Her verses on "Don't Trip" parallel Lil Wayne's. That is, of course, if you consider Lil Wayne a good rapper.

trina irrelvant to the local black experience.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    trina can rap

anyone playing that ayanna joint with bangladesh production? the beat is monsterous.

"shake ya fatty"?

Don't have it.

No one else is playing it here so I ain't worried much.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    speaking of Lil Wayne AND OGC in the same thread....I always wondered:

Top Dog

Lil Wayne

Separated at birth?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The kids are not feelin the new ghostface - it's official.

Hell, I'm TRYING to get into the new Ghostface and he's one of my all-time faves...