Wale Oyejide

HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Whats the Soulstrut consensus on this?I am feeling it. Sounds fresh.

Comments

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    I liked the Dilla produced single from a year back a lot. But I think I've also heard a certain "SoulStrut Legend" dismiss it as "world music".

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I liked the Dilla produced single from a year back a lot. But I think I've also heard a certain "SoulStrut Legend" dismiss it as "world music" OkayPlayer fanboy music.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The album wasn't terrible, but it wasn't something I'd ever listen to again, either

• I prefer his stuff under the name science fiction partially because I just don't care for his singing. It's not bad and I overally still like the album but I prefer his instrumentals. I was kind of surprised the album didn't do better than it did. Also, seemed like a cool dude when I talked to him on soulseek a few years ago, gave me some cool tunes that didn't go on the album.

• I prefer his stuff under the name science fiction partially because I just don't care for his singing. It's not bad and I overally still like the album but I prefer his instrumentals. I was kind of surprised the album didn't do better than it did. Also, seemed like a cool dude when I talked to him on soulseek a few years ago, gave me some cool tunes that didn't go on the album.

Cosign science fiction!

Wanna drop some of those unreleased tracks?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Dude is a creative and all around great guy. He does good music with a passion..and I enjoy most of it very much so.
    Solid

• I liked the Dilla produced single from a year back a lot. But I think I've also heard a certain "SoulStrut Legend" dismiss it as "world music" OkayPlayer fanboy music.

A DUDE FROM AFRICA AND HIS MUSIC=NOT BLACK ENOUGH FOR SOULSTRUT

• I would but they're on my computer back in the states. Won't be back there till mid June, but if you hit me with a PM I'll send them to you once I get back.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I would but they're on my computer back in the states. Won't be back there till mid June, but if you hit me with a PM I'll send them to you once I get back.

They may still be on his forum. shaman network website. ill remixes of his doom song on there too

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I would but they're on my computer back in the states. Won't be back there till mid June, but if you hit me with a PM I'll send them to you once I get back.

They may still be on his forum. shaman network website. ill remixes of his doom song on there too

shaman work
    http://www.essdub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=151