CONMEN APPRECIATION...

stop_33stop_33 365 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
man, it's time for another round (hook it up)...them mixes changed my life (along with beni b guest slot on kilo-cee's "krispy biscuit" show in the mid-90s)...can i get a fucking witness?sip

Comments

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Without a F*%$Kin doubt Conmen, Soulman, & My SINSAI PKGansta have been my music inspiration! Good Motivation Music/Feel Good Music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If that ain't inspiration/respect then I don't know what it is! FO SHO! & Dudes like Marvski and Muro foreal! Life connects Directly & indirectly... Directly with my boy PK and Indirectly with Yall for puting out CD's Yall layd down the pavement I'm just happy to ride on it! TRUTH!

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts
    fuck everyone else (kidding, but let's keep this PNW))...
    this is about the CONMEN, baby...
    for real,
    sip

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Does that include BarBQ or Mildew & the AR's? Or the Joint ventures only? Wonder twins Power Activate Form of a Giant Frozen Baseline, Form of Raers! Conmen and Poli Chavez!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    HELL YEAH! Supreme and Jake have put me up on so much good music over the years that it is just ridiculous! When I first started going out diggin' with these dudes it was like educational field trips. These folls know so much about different labels, producers, production, samples, etc. I would just bug out and learn everything I could from them! They are also two of the nicest guys I've ever known. They always put wifey and I on the guest list for shows and will let me borrow any records I want to check out from their collections. I've got some of Jake's records here at the crib right now! MUCH RESPECT. Ya'll folls better recognize.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    CHEERLEADER ALERT [/b]

The conmen tape series HANDS DOWN the best "break series" ever. Even though I was big fan of the kon & amir joints, Muro, Cut Chemist's rare equations etc. Those two dudes' tapes are the best still!

BUT WHERE CAN I GET SOME *PAUSE*! I lost the first one,Jealous Toys Die and "Veteranoz". Any spots online? or perhaps I can get a "promo" of some old ones?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    no doubt, jake is the homie. I only recently figured out it was him doing the conmen mixes too! i thought it was just supreme with all the records.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

That car is

What that be?

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    oh wait did I hear The Conmen ?? Supreme ?? Jake One ??

much much respect! keep coming with the good music.

ken

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    BUT WHERE CAN I GET SOME *PAUSE*! I lost the first one,Jealous Toys Die and "Veteranoz". Any spots online?

DON'T SLEEP

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    By the time I arrive in Portland in 2001 Jake, Preme and Rev. Shines had done a good job of cleaning that area of it's rares. All I kept hearing about was, "man, a few years ago..."

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts
    CHEERLEADER ALERT [/b]

The conmen tape series HANDS DOWN the best "break series" ever.

well, the top is crack talk, but the second is spot on.
    these cats are my homies...
    soulstrut art fags should recognize...
    fuck you (love),
    sip

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    CONMEN ARE RUNNIN' THIS BRAEK SHIT
    BOW DOWN AND KISS THE RING, BATCHES

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

That car is

What that be?

Is that Liquor's whip?? Where's Wizzle?

"Smooth Criminals On Beat Breaks" had me open for months.