Dr. Octagon instrumentals: Promo or Bootleg?

Medium_DudeMedium_Dude 153 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
So, i just got this in the mail, and was told it was an official promo copy, but the labels look pretty damn bootleg, and the writing etched around the label says : OCTLP - 3010 (i would think the official version would have something different written).Anyone know how to tell the diff? Also, Thanks in advance for the wisdom...

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Maybe it's a promo bootleg.

It could also be something thats a bootleg, but still comes from the label. If you know wot I mean...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Man, this got pressed so heavily back in the day I'd be shocked if someone actually went to the trouble of booting it... but then again, all kinds of nonraer 80s/90s rap stuff gets booted now apparantly, if the ENDLESS stream of posts on vinylexchange asking for matrix numbers from House of Pain records and shit are any indication

You didn't indicate which pressing you're speaking on- Mo Wax UK or Bulk/75ark/whatever else the US pressing came out on... Brit pressings tend to have funny matrices like that. I'd say go search vinylexchange, somebody's probably got a lot to say about it.

• After seeing the LABELSCANS site, i think what i got is straight up boot... I mean, the actual vinyl isn't flimsy (not 180g, but not paper thin either), and the tracklist is the same. I'm not real sure if it's from the Mo Wax or 75Ark pressings, cuz the etching is mad vague.

And now that i'm looking closer, it looks like the labels are on some almost-photocopy quality (my labels are not on LABELSCANS).

Thanks for the insight fellas!

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I can't imagine this is worth a whole lot - i used to see these things everywhere back in college.