Talib Kweli Diaper Rash

2»

Comments

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Where???s your album, your double time flows?

• why do I got an image of Faux pulling his dick out and rubbing it against the screen why he previews his posts?

I'm surprised you even took the time to reign in some hate on Talib and his views of the world. Haven't you supported the mindless drivel speech of every member of dipset and Young Jeezy?

I haven't read any of their essays but I invite you to show me where their outlook on hip-hop is anymore worldy or accepting.

Maybe if Talib stuck gold fronts in his mouth and celebrated alcoholism and crack sales you'd look up to him a little more.

the shuck n jive factor, a staple in creating the the Faux_lawyer sense of taste...oh that and record sales, can't forget that the more records you sell the better your record sounds.

Ashlee Simpson got some sure 'nuff bangers

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

It is kind of funny that Kweli would challenge all those who dare criticize him to step up with their most magma doubletime flowz. I mean, given that his own regular time flow unintentionally ping pongs all over the track like a coked-out Nate Robinson.

It is kind of funny that Kweli would challenge all those who dare criticize him to step up with their most magma doubletime flowz. I mean, given that his own regular time flow unintentionally ping pongs all over the track like a coked-out Nate Robinson.

And does anybody besides Kweli and Young Phonics go around talking about "flowz" in 2006?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    why do I got an image of Faux pulling his dick out and rubbing it against the screen why he previews his posts?

This is a question that is probably better suited for a sex therapist

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    why do I got an image of Faux pulling his dick out and rubbing it against the screen why he previews his posts?

I'm surprised you even took the time to reign in some hate on Talib and his views of the world. Haven't you supported the mindless drivel speech of every member of dipset and Young Jeezy?

I haven't read any of their essays but I invite you to show me where their outlook on hip-hop is anymore worldy or accepting.

Maybe if Talib stuck gold fronts in his mouth and celebrated alcoholism and crack sales you'd look up to him a little more.

the shuck n jive factor, a staple in creating the the Faux_lawyer sense of taste...oh that and record sales, can't forget that the more records you sell the better your record sounds.

Shut the fuck up, Kweli is devoid of charisma on the mic, and regardless of content if he can't hold peoples attention for longer than 5 minutes without them wanting to put their head into the nearest oven then it really doesn't matter.

Seriously. Perhaps Dan Savage could help the boy deal with that.

• why do I got an image of Faux pulling his dick out and rubbing it against the screen why he previews his posts?

Seriously. Perhaps Dan Savage could help the boy deal with that.

I was thiking hip-hop needs itself a Dr. Ruth

• Kweli is devoid of charisma on the mic, and regardless of content if he can't hold peoples attention for longer than 5 minutes without them wanting to put their head into the nearest oven then it really doesn't matter.

It's a well known fact that Kweli concerts have led more suicides than album sales.

I'm guessing your ass speak comes from never seeing him perform in person or even on screen (Chappelle, etc.)

what rappers are gifted enough to gain your attention?

Kweli is devoid of charisma on the mic, and regardless of content if he can't hold peoples attention for longer than 5 minutes without them wanting to put their head into the nearest oven then it really doesn't matter.

I'm guessing your ass speak comes from never seeing him perform in person or even on screen (Chappelle, etc.)

What I think you mean to say is: where are your live doubletime flowz?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Hey guys,

I Photoshoped a doo stick (complete with corn bits and greens, must have been Thanksgiving):

Just add Kweli.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Kweli is devoid of charisma on the mic, and regardless of content if he can't hold peoples attention for longer than 5 minutes without them wanting to put their head into the nearest oven then it really doesn't matter.

What I think you mean to say is: where are your live doubletime flowz?

I'm pretty sure guzzo has his doubletime ass speak game down. Who pon test? As for Kweli, I hope this means he's spent many hours reinventing the wordplay game once again. Look for big things in 06.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Maybe Kweli will register on our beloved board and Faux will stop instigating shit 'cause, you know...

What's to be gained by hating on a member of the community?

Frankly, I don't know what's to be gained regardless if they're a member or not.

Thats kind of a bitch move if you ask me.

Herm

Maybe Kweli will register on our beloved board and Faux will stop instigating shit 'cause, you know...

What's to be gained by hating on a member of the community?

Frankly, I don't know what's to be gained regardless if they're a member or not.

Thats kind of a bitch move if you ask me.

Herm

It's only "hating" if you didn't ask for it, Herm, and Kweli's tantrum of a blog post was an open invitation.

And being a "member of the community" entails considerably more than simply registering.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

You Mad?

2 main gripes about kweli, other than the fact that he seems totally on his own dick.

1. He cant find the beat to save his life.

2. Not nearly enough rapping about drugs and jewelry. Its 2006 dog, get with the program already.

2. Not nearly enough rapping about drugs and jewelry. Its 2006 dog, get with the program already.

He can hang when it comes to misogyny, though.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    Every night I???m going to have to keep the stage hot enough for them to come out

Can we get a graemlin of Talib ala Dylan style, spitting hot fire?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Hey guys,

I Photoshoped a doo stick (complete with corn bits and greens, must have been Thanksgiving):

Just add Kweli.

UCB stays ahead of the curve!

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    Hey guys,

Just add Kweli.

Presto change-o

Sorry to lose those detailed bits Drewn. But deep down we all know it's a corny doo doo corndog.

Set your bookmarks, everybody.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Hey guys,

Just add Kweli.

Presto change-o

Sorry to lose those detailed bits Drewn. But deep down we all know it's a corny doo doo corndog.

Hahahhaa....I am SO PROUD.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Set your bookmarks, everybody.

Kool Keith Returns as Dr. Octagon[/b]

Matt Amis and Amy Phillips reports:
    Of Kool Keith's many incarnations (excluding perhaps his righteously insane "Black Elvis" phase), perhaps his most celebrated is the scatologically-obsessed Dr. Octagon. In 1996, with the help of Dan "the Automator" Nakamura, he released Dr. Octagonecologyst-- a visit with whom I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy's mother-- and plucked the same kind of critical acclaim that followed his crew the Ultramagnetic MCs around in the mid-80s and early 90s.

Well, it appears the good doctor is reopening his practice and is getting set to clamp all sorts of cold, metal instruments onto (and into) your most private and spongy parts. On June 27, OCD International (part of the World's Fair label group) will release The Return of Dr. Octagon, the full-fledged follow up to Dr. Octagonecologyst. (A shady 2004 CD, Dr. Octagon Part 2, is alleged to be a bootleg.)

For The Return, Keith enlisted the services of the Berlin-based One Watt Sun production crew and recorded at various locales in Australia, Germany, and...a 12th century turret in Prague. Seriously. (Now might be a good time to mention that Keith once did time at Bellevue psychiatric. Just sayin'.)

DJ Dexter, formerly of the Avalanches, stops by for an Egyptian-tinged guest spot on "Ants" and Philly/NYC white-girl rapper Princess Superstar chimes in on "Eat It", a song we wholeheartedly doubt is about pie.

Girl, let me touch you:
    01 Our Operators Are Masturbating
    02 Trees
    03 Aliens
    04 Ants (feat. DJ Dexter)
    05 Don't Worry MZ Pop Music
    06 Perfect World
    07 The Turtle Skit
    08 Al Green
    09 A Gorilla Driving a Pick-up Truck
    10 Got Any Kids?
    11 Doctor Octagon
    12 It's the Morning
    13 Jumpstart
    14 Eat It (feat. Princess Superstar)

Kool Keith, never one to rest on his laurels, has been keeping busy with all kinds of other projects. He puts in guest appearances on the debut album from Mike Patton's Peeping Tom project, as well as the new disc from 7L & Esoteric, and will perform three live shows as part of next week's Triptych Festival in Scotland.

And finally, next Tuesday, on April 25, Insomniac Music will release Nogatco Rd. (yes, that's "Dr. Octagon" backwards), by Keith's Mr. Nogatco alter-ego. The album was produced by Iz-Real (who has worked with MF Doom) and features appearances by Sage Francis and Anticon dude Sole. Oh, and it's an enhanced CD including a sci-fi movie and a digital comic book. Nerds rejoice!