Talib Kweli Diaper Rash

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Dude should be glad he never achieved any real celebrity, as he's clearly unable to cope with the small measure of it that he does possess. Love the ass-hurt over the phrase "doo doo on a stick"...http://talibkweliblog.com/
April 12th, 20062006 is becoming the year that hip hop realizes its mortality. It used to be like a superhero, with crossing over and selling out as its kryptonite, but it???s not that simple and romantic anymore. Superheroes don???t die, and hip hop has always been too fresh and new to be affected by the rest of the world.. Sadly the almost back to back deaths of hip hop icons like JDilla, Professor X and Proof have me reeling. I am overwhelmed, I can???t keep up. Rest in peace Proof, and my heart goes out to everyone in Detroit hip hop. I???m in cincinatti right now, working with Hi Tek, and we are coming with some exciting things. We don???t have enough songs for a Reflection album yet, but Tone did 3 joints on the Beautiful Struggle album, and he???ll probably do more on eardrum. Shout out to everyone at Pratt and at GW university, I had a great time this weekend??? I got shows in NY coming up, so I am looking foward to see how some of the new songs work on the crowd..I am getting ready to tour with the Roots, which is always a challenge because of how tight they are.. I???ve got to figure out what I can do to make my show memorable..Black Thought is the ultimate MC, and every night I???m going to have to keep the stage hot enough for them to come out..I love it though, touring with the Roots taught me how to perfrom, especially on the OkayPlayer tour..and speaking of Okay Player.. I gotta address this..I???m new to blogs and websites and all this computer stuff, and one reason is because of a bad experience I had in a chat room on OKP years ago(I haven???t been in a chat room since). I hate the idea of people who are or could be annonymous passing judgement on you and being mean spirited just because you try to share your music with the world.. People say that the industry doesn???t give artists like myself enough props, but the real hate always comes from so called fans who visit this site slash community. A fan suggested recently that I visit the OKP boards and show some love to the fans, because they really support me. I said cool, she???s right, I can???t not go on there because of something some asshole said 6 years ago, lemme check it out. The first thing I see is M1???s album is terrible. The person who wrote this bullshit and everyone like them should be ashamed of themselves. They spend a lot of energy talking about why they didn???t like it, and why does OKP support this artist.. Then someone else mentions how me how the music me and mos def are making now is doo doo on a stick, if i got the quote right..and you know what, y???all can miss me with all that shit. I do this for a living, like for real, not pretend over the internet. I really get on stage and travel and go to the studio and buy albums and pay producers and start labels, on top of raising my family and trynta be active in the community. Sometimes the artist on OKP don???t get the respect that they give the fans. I haven???t heard M1???s entire album, but I???m down by law, and I now music well enough to know that it CAN???T be terrible.. That???s not because he???s family, it???s because I study the game, and I know what he brings to the table. Personally, I like the first dead prez album more than the second, but to fix my mouth to say it???s terrible would be a travesty. I???m sure stic and M like their second album better, that???s how it usually goes. There is nothing constructive about the criticism. M1 has given his heart soul flesh blood and art to OUR people. He doesn???t deserve this hate, you asshole. What have you done? Who are you? Where???s your album, your double time flows? Oh, no one knows who you are, so shut the fuck up. If we can???t even get constructive criticism on a site supposedly representing us, why would we wanna be involved..With that said, Dan and everybody at OKP do a helluva job..When I participate, it???s because of how hard they work. But just before y???all get all opinionated, remember that m1 is not an idea, he is a person, who has given everything he can to make our lives and music better. But y???all wanna shit on him. The way I feel, nobody writing that stuff can outrap m1, so they just jealous. Mtulu, congrats on the sucess of your project..I will listen to it and tell you in person how I feel. I love that the people of NY demanded your record be added to the playlist. You said turn off the radio, and they came to you, thats beautiful. Sorry in advance if I come off bitter or arrogant. I just seen Proof got shot, and heard someone talking about getting his album because of it. You have artist who are alive trynta make a difference, and they get taken for granted..It upsets me sometimes, but we keep pushing.. one love, thanks for letting me vent..Kweli

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    people suck. esp hiphop "fans."
    bottom line.

dont go on internet message boards when youre famous. especially if youre over sensitive to criticism. not good for your well being.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Talib's argument that critics shouldn't comment unless they can produce someting better themselves is brilliantly thinking.

Whay hasn't this been thought of before? I'm sorry for saying your album was shit DM & Cee-Lo, I now understand that you are people not just an idea.

Could we have a Talib "Doo doo on a stick" graemlin?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Ugh who can read that kind of run-on wallpaper. In the spirit of fairness to homie Noz, I declare Talib's blog entry overlong and gratuitous.

Black Thought is the ultimate MC

THY MIND GARDEN NEEDETH PRUNING, YOUNG TALIB

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Ugh who can read that kind of run-on wallpaper.

Well, I wouldn't want you to miss out on this gem because of the overly long and gratuitous nature of Talib's post:

I haven???t heard M1???s entire album, but I???m down by law, and I now music well enough to know that it CAN???T be terrible.. That???s not because he???s family, it???s because I study the game, and I know what he brings to the table.

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

even better is his "I don't make music for the fans" follow-up post, where he calls the evil doo-doo poster a...

Fuck you, you don???t deserve to post, you???re a tourist[/b]. You don???t know how this was started, you???re just visiting. To start a post by saying an album is terrible, not offer anything constructive, and question why he is down without taking his history into account is a slap in the face to the whole community.

I haven???t heard M1???s entire album, but I???m down by law, and I now music well enough to know that it CAN???T be terrible.. That???s not because he???s family, it???s because I study the game, and I know what he brings to the table.

I never thought I'd say it, but Faux and Talib have something in common. Both of them know what an album sounds like without listening to it.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I would hate to have people shitting on my lifes work. But then, it's kinda like working at McDonalds as a cook and someone writing on the bathroom wall about how shitty the burgers are. Who gives a fuck what some 16 year old who's never had sex is sayin.

Tho, it would be fun to pull a Jay & Silent Bob and ask at the door "Are you user ******* and did you say on ******** board...?"

Fuck, I need some sandwiches. I'm hungry

I never thought I'd say it, but Faux and Talib have something in common. Both of them know what an album sounds like without listening to it.

We study the game...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

We study the game...

but are you down by law?

Also:

[Bsides] doo doo on a stick >>>>>>>>> Kweli's career [/Bsides]

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    ...kinda like working at McDonalds as a cook and someone writing on the bathroom wall about how shitty the burgers are. Who gives a fuck...

haha

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    "I haven???t heard M1???s entire album, but I???m down by law, and I now music well enough to know that it CAN???T be terrible.. "

LOL.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    pretty awesome dude still can't spell CINCINNATI!!!!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Also:

[Bsides] doo doo on a stick >>>>>>>>> Kweli's career [/Bsides]

We study the game...

but are you down by law?

I do this for a living, like for real, not pretend over the internet.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Thats almost as bad as his freestyle on the first soundbombing mix tape.

• I???m new to blogs and websites and all this computer stuff

I'm fairly certain that Talib, the child of academics, was probably the first kid on his block with a computer.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Didn't he have some line about how "every Huxtable girl was fuckable" or did I imagine that? Yes, my headwrap is showing.....but that always creeped me out. Sorry if I am thinking of someone else!

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

even better is his "I don't make music for the fans" follow-up post, where he calls the evil doo-doo poster a...

Fuck you, you don???t deserve to post, you???re a tourist[/b]. You don???t know how this was started, you???re just visiting. To start a post by saying an album is terrible, not offer anything constructive, and question why he is down without taking his history into account is a slap in the face to the whole community.

seems to me that statements like this: "Oh, no one knows who you are, so shut the fuck up." is more of a "slap in the face to the whole community" than anything else.

I???m new to blogs and websites and all this computer stuff

I'm fairly certain that Talib, the child of academics, was probably the first kid on his block with a computer.

Yeah, that's one reason why his attitude is such a bad look--he has no real excuse for his lack of sophistication and his inability to take the online world with a grain of salt.

Not to mention, he pretty much owes his career to the internets--it's not as if Black Star or RE was exactly embraced by radio.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Didn't he have some line about how "every Huxtable girl was fuckable" or did I imagine that? Yes, my headwrap is showing.....but that always creeped me out. Sorry if I am thinking of someone else!

Here is is, the worst shit ever. When you read it try to imagine a complete lack of flow. Its not hard to do based on the lyrics. No mention of the Huxtable girls but that could be a different track.

Soundbombing Freestyle Talib Kweli lyrics
    Artist: Talib Kweli
    Album: Other Songs Lyrics
    Title: Soundbombing Freestyle Print
    Correct

[DJ Evil Dee]
    Uh, this is Side 2, Evil Dee in your area
    Rawkus, every four minutes of dump flavored Now and Laters
    *laughs* and ass-crack Oreos

(ready, ready)

-interlude-
    [Talib Kweli]
    *laughs*
    Throw your hands in the air, and wave em like you just don't care
    And if you, love the truth, and you livin proof
    Let me hear you say "oh yeah"
    And you don't stop, and you don't quit, and you don't stop
    And you don't quit, and you don't quit
    It's Talib Kweli I'm the ultimate
    Got my man Mos Def and he's freakin shit
    Listen to the way the beat gets intricate
    Anybody who is illiterate, probably will never even consider it
    Yo, Evil Dee what up? my name is Talib Kweli
    That's Mos Def on the ?Wilison?
    Yo, this is futuristic Soundbombing, welcome
    Please do not hold onto the doors

(Ladies and gentlemen, we would like to introduce
    A very interesting young man who's traveled from very far away
    To be with us tonight)

[Mos Def]
    (yes, yes) yo yo yo yo (yes) yo yo
    Aiyyo Kweli I heard there's a function goin on at the D&D
    Some things that I gotta see, heard that the Rawkus click
    Was doin some ill shit wit my man Evil, and the rest of my people
    Is you wit it?

[Kweli]
    I'm always wit it, always forget it
    If you a MC, you couldn't get wit it, you too dim-witted
    MC's come to and try to diss this
    Chicks want Kweli for Christmas, on they wish list
    Here we come through, kick the lyrical swiftness
    You missed this, again it's over your head
    Now I send it, over to my friend Mos Def
    MC's got no fuckin rhymes left

[Mos Def]
    *phone rings*
    Hello, yes I got the call, don't need no answering machine at all
    I got a, Caller ID to screen my calls
    So I can see who's tryin to speak to me cuz frequently
    A lot of cats try to get in touch but I don't want to be in they clutch
    I got my man Kweli who I love very much, and such and such
    My man, Rawkus click, we on some ill shit

[Kweli]
    I call 7-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh
    Don't want to say his number, MC's is in slumber
    Yo they wakin up they takin up too much time
    Mos Def, I got to get in touch wit and get a Dutch
    And then head over to his crib and say
    "Yo look what these kids did, and I had my kids at my crib"
    And I can't believe they tried to roll up on my like that
    MC's come through because they always lookin wack

[Mos Def]
    They always lookin wack cuz look at the way they dress
    Thinkin you a Mister you must be a Miss
    I'm watchin the slip underneath your skirt
    Steppin to me like that kid you only get hurt
    Son I stand five-ten wit the open palms, I'm droppin bombs
    Wit the, urban songs and I never stay calm when I kick it
    A matter of fact I get type wicked and very specific

[Kweli]
    And exquisite wit the beat, MC's is incomplete
    They ain't like whole wheat, I need to eat
    More of that for my nutrition, MC's catchin coniptions
    They readin the writin on the wall like an Egyptian
    Comin through is my verbal mission, to try to track you down
    It's the MC formerly known as Genesis
    You will remember this, it's your verbal nemesis
    Yo, Mos Def is

[Mos Def]
    Yo my style is original like fingerprints
    I been down ever since, make you Reminisce like Pete Rock
    When the beat drop, kids stop to listen
    Because they hear the verbs glisten
    I'll play your opposition like a fullback, I got the full pack
    Just like a convict on lock, the beat never stop
    And we come on time like a clock, this is the real hip-hop

[Kweli]
    The real hip-hop, try to test me, you get stomped
    Why try, you get caught up in the paparazzi like Princess Di
    Yo, come through we always lookin fly
    MC's try to come up to me, they singin lullabyes
    They on a plantation, I'll free you like Emancipation
    >From that thought you have is makin your mind needin some sanatation
    I'm fillin the schools up like asbestos
    It's best that you leave my premesis

[Mos Def]
    And what's better, is to make cheddar
    And try to get yo shit together
    I freak it wherever and whenever just like Maxwell
    The style that I got will tax well
    Yo that just bomb, but I don't spend my time
    Focusin on mistakes, I feed breaks
    This is the way that we make, and sound hype
    When we stand on the mic

[Kweli]
    We focus on true, we never dwell and hate

[DJ Evil Dee]
    Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh UH!

• talib= Not black enough for Soulstrut.

he does make some shitty music though

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    talib= Not black enough for Soulstrut.

I don't normally talk down on dude cuz he's got a few songs I like

But his last album was a PAINFUL listening experience

How's this coming? I will not rest until somebody implements it.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

do you now [sic] enough about music to make this statement?

Was it as painfull as when you had to listen Illmatic?

but yo, I don't even check for dude's albums.

What, exactly, do you check for?

Those club banger singles be puts out?

What, exactly, do you check for?

Those club banger singles be puts out?

Material as good as the Black Star LP, but as you can tell that hasn't happend and probally won't. I mean aside from "Fall In Love" joint with Just Blaze and the older joint with Kanye, I ignore Kweli.

but yo..who cares what I think.