lil dude question- OG coffey scorpio 45?

G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Many years back I remember talking to this dude who was supposedly all about digging, and he had a scorpio 45 with a grey or silver label, and he was claiming that that shit was the honest to god OG pressing or whatever, but didn't that shit come out on sussex first and foremost? i just copped the sussex 45 yesterday for $1 and I just wondered if there was another issue that came out before this one. I have the LP too which is much cleaner than the 45, but the 45 is still pretty clean. maybe i could sell it to some "bboy drum breaks on 45 are way cool" dj around the way or something... or i could just keep it.(PS - NO plaese)

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    yes

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    yes

sorry i forgot you're not allowed to talk about records on soulstrut. MY BAD.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

sorry i forgot you're not allowed to talk about records on soulstrut. MY BAD.
    OK, good. Now that we've cleared that up, what is your favorite swizz beats production?!?!#@

PS - I wish I could answer your question, but there is no funky black man soul in Alberta

• Options
    Great record, but worthless for internet resale. Give it to a homie or keep it.

K.

lol.

funky whiteman guitar blackman soul =

does swizz beats have drum breakzzz?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    never heard of a grey label on Sussex. Anyways, some of you UK dudes need to take a trip to Chicago's 10 cent bins. Spend a week here, and I'll gaurantee you could come up with 100s of copies of Coffey's Scorpio 45

• Options
    You can come to Toronto while you're at it. Bring lots of break-45's-are-cool people.

K.

never heard of a grey label on Sussex. Anyways, some of you UK dudes need to take a trip to Chicago's 10 cent bins. Spend a week here, and I'll gaurantee you could come up with 100s of copies of Coffey's Scorpio 45

1) I'm not a UK dude.

2) I've never been big on 45s, I'm more into LPs because they're more plentiful in decent quality in my neck of the woods (colorado).

thanks for the input though.

• Options
    saucyogre?

K.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Kanye West produced Bettye Swann - My Heart is Closed for the Season on Capitol. They actually recorded this at 2x the speed, and slowed it down for the 45.

But let me say this one thing. Scorpio is a motherfucker.

• But yo have you heard ako's remix of scorpio? Straight

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Scorpio is a motherfucker.

And he was kind enough to re-make it 73 times for us!