Buying from original artists

2»

Comments

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    nah screw that... dude's hussle is totally shaddy...

rip the cdr and send it back and say thanks but no thanks.. then post it on soul seek / bootleg the shit.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    karma doesn't exist you hippies. screw that guy.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    When was the last time you read a good interview with a German Jazz or Jazz/Funk artist?

Was there any Funk in Germany? Germans can be funky?

nah, would love to read some ish, maybe from wolfgang dauner or some more local guys like u said...bring it on!!

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Whatever the music is, his way of handling things is not alright. It is like doing biz on the door where the salesman tells you everything is cool and at the end you have to pay a lot of money because nothing is cool.

Grope did you ever see Nepper, Schlepper, Bauernf??nger on ZDF hosted by Eduard Zimmermann. That was his second show beside Aktenzeichen XY (The german version of Amercias Most Wanted and by the way the 70s theme music is very funky and dope) He was always warning his viewers about those tactics from those shady salesman.

You said, it cost him time to copy the CD ??!! So what, we are talking about 5 minutes.

Don't mix up your respect for him as an artist with the respect you could have for him as a human being. He can make beautifull music and still be an arsehole, go ask James Brown or Nas.

So their is no reason for buying it, you told him about a trade, so it is.

If he is a nice guy, you can tell him your problem and he will be alright with it, if he is an arsehole he will act like one and tell you that you are not getting the CD for a trade.

This is a has to do with fairness, and he is not acting fair.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

This is a has to do with fairness, and he is not acting fair.

this is a very pouting, stomp your feet type of reaction... i love it. thanks for the laugh.

dude is what im guessing 60/65? he did that a long time ago and probably never got much back then for his work. he probably figured that his record + 30yrs of dust + the possibility that he has had more phone calls like this = $30 for the cd. chalk it up to a buck a year since its release (there are stores around the country that price their records according to the year it was released)

yes he should of mentioned that there would be a charge in the beginning. i dont think its right that he burns you a copy of his record and charges you $30 but it is HIS music. regardless if hes been doing this to people for years and making dough off of it.

anyway.. you wanted it, you said yourself its dumb hard to get, well, now you got it. pay up and tell dude thanks.... and dont be nervous to make more phone calls. theres local dudes that ive been friendly with for 6yrs that wont let me into their record rooms... wise.

though i think after all of this you should bless us with his name. its not like were all going to track down a german musician to ask for copies of an album he probably doesnt have anymore just to pay him $30 for a copy of his copy. unless.... its a featherweight record that youre too embarrassed to say youre after?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

yes he should of mentioned that there would be a charge in the beginning. i dont think its right that he burns you a copy of his record and charges you $30 but it is HIS music. regardless if hes been doing this to people for years and making dough off of it.
    sayin'!
    i'll pay him. music-wise, the 25 euros are well spent. and he wrote some nice things in his letter to me. it's really just bugging me that i was wasn't told that i need to pay for the cd (and pay THAT much).

anyway.. you wanted it, you said yourself its dumb hard to get, well, now you got it. pay up and tell dude thanks....
    i will! another strutter just contact me about this. he tried to contact the guy but never recieved an answer. i'm the first one to recieve a cd from him. i NEED to thank him!

though i think after all of this you should bless us with his name. its not like were all going to track down a german musician to ask for copies of an album he probably doesnt have anymore just to pay him $30 for a copy of his copy. unless.... its a featherweight record that youre too embarrassed to say youre after?
    one soulstrutter found out what record i'm talking about all by himself. go figure! i only mentioned the bassist's name! there are some true nerds on soulstrut
    check your PMs.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

But he should have stated that there would be a cost of some kind from the gitgo. THAT'S the point!!![/b] (At least to me...)

If you're hungry and I offered you a sandwich, wouldn't you feel put out if I said "that'll be $3" just as you've digested the last piece?

However, if I charged you $3 from the start...if you knew that going in...that's acceptable.

The man was fifteen different kinds of wrong for not mentioning a charge from the start...course, then again, if it were me I'd have asked him if he had any spare copies of his record for sale. It wasn't the fact that he asked for money (sure, why not?), but his presentation was kinda back-alley.

• 6fran506fran50 266 Posts

one soulstrutter found out what record i'm talking about all by himself. go figure! i only mentioned the bassist's name! there are some true nerds on soulstrut

i think i've got it too ... not too difficult to find with your clue ... contrary to his famous record

grope, have you ever seen a copy of it ?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

i think i've got it too ... not too difficult to find with your clue ... contrary to his famous record

grope, have you ever seen a copy of it ?

i'm confused now. seen a copy of his "famous" record? i only know his early record. there's another rare one by him? PM me...

• Grope,

there are people out there dropping 100 EURO on an album cover just for the liner notes ...

and there are people trying to follow tricks by other people without paying anything!

Contacting artists is not a secret but you should not abuse it,
    if you are part of the record society act like a collector not like a gold hunter !!

Friendly greetings
    Seb

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Contacting artists is not a secret but you should not abuse it,
    if you are part of the record society act like a collector not like a gold hunter !!

sayin'! I didn't contact him only to find out if he had extra copies of his record. I just wanted to say "hi". Because he's from my hometown... and because I like his Jazz club...

• No reason to justify!

But invading into someone??s privacy should always be handled with a special sense of "not to" things as well as thoughts about being thankful for getting the chance to have an audience, no matter if it??s music related or whatever.

Seb