Aaron Collins - You Hit the Spot 45

nrichnrich 932 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I'm trying to find a value on this 45 and am coming up empty handed. All I can find are scant references to an inclusion on playlists but that is about it.Does anyone have Aaron Collins - You Hit the Spot and/or know it's relative value?

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I'm trying to find a value on this 45 and am coming up empty handed. All I can find are scant references to an inclusion on playlists but that is about it.

Does anyone have Aaron Collins - You Hit the Spot and/or know it's relative value?

This sound anything like Gloria Walker and the Chevelles?

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    I'm trying to find a value on this 45 and am coming up empty handed. All I can find are scant references to an inclusion on playlists but that is about it.

Does anyone have Aaron Collins - You Hit the Spot and/or know it's relative value?

no, it's a different song (I love that Gloria Walker though), but still really nice and you can hear it on my new favorite 45 radio site here:
    http://68.40.188.159:7000/playlist.cgi?psearch=aaron+collins

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

no, it's a different song (I love that Gloria Walker though), but still really nice and you can hear it on my new favorite 45 radio site here:
    http://68.40.188.159:7000/playlist.cgi?psearch=aaron+collins

But I can only request the song I'm used to making demands!

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    lack of response=hella raer?

• Options
    Not raer. $25-$40 piece. Believe Collins is the same Aaron Collins that recorded out of the Bahamas in the 50's.

Great 45.

K in Canada.

• I haven't seen this come up on ebay/gemm/m.stack in the last 6 months, and I check every store I go to, as I've been looking as well. Put me on the list of someone who'd love to get after a copy of this one...thanks for the info.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Not raer. $25-$40 piece. Believe Collins is the same Aaron Collins that recorded out of the Bahamas in the 50's.

Great 45.

K in Canada.

you certain about this 45 though?
    I could see this with his other titles but this one seems mysteriously hard to pin down.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    i wouldn't call it rare; i've come across several copies on different occasions in the barren wasteland that is Dallas.

• Options
    USed to eb a $6.00 stock time at Kop's here in town. They' get restock all the time (until the last couple years). I used to deal them out at fairs and the like.

Maybe we're spoiled, K.

• One page I found online said that he was a part of the Cadets/the Jacks and the Flairs, with future members of the Coasters, before he went solo. (EDIT/CORRECTION: I erroneously originally said he was in the Coasters. )
    He released the following 45s as a solo artist, most on Crazy Horse records:
    ??
    Dry Your Eyes And Try Again/DYNASTY 640/1960

Easy To Say/CRAZY HORSE 1302/1969

If I Could Be Where You Are/CRAZY HORSE 1308/1969

Little Bit Of Lovin'/CRAZY HORSE 1302/1969
    ??
    Pray For Elaine/DYNASTY 640/1960

You Hit The Spot/CRAZY HORSE 1308/1969

I'll let you know if I find out anything else, because this is the #1 45 on my want list. Looks like this is that record I'll have to research, make phone calls, etc. for.

He is notoriously difficult to research online, as apparently every Aaron Collins on the planet has to have a webpage, and you get a million Phil Collins pages as well....