What's good in Seattle?

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I'm thinking of taking wifey up there next month so someone (Chan!) knowledge me on what's good besides The Space Needle and Meg Ryan.

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    The Lusty Lady, DV One, fish & chips and (go back the other way we'll stop and eat at) Dick's. *PASUE*

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Go to Tango's on Capital Hill. Spanish Tapas and a killer wine list, plus great mixed drinks as well. Set you back $50-100, but it's well worth the night out with a lady. Make reservations just to be safe. They sever food in the bar until 11 or 12 pm.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Go to Tango's on Capital Hill. Spanish Tapas and a killer wine list, plus great mixed drinks as well. Set you back $50-100, but it's well worth the night out with a lady. Make reservations just to be safe. They sever food in the bar until 11 or 12 pm.

WRONG! Go to The Harvest Vine restaurant in Madison Park for REAL Spanish food. The real Basque food mayne. INCREDIBLE! Tango is not seeing the wine list at Harvest Vine, trust me.

www.harvestvine.com

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    What's good in Seattle?

Coffee? Fish? Or so I've heard.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I was in Seattle for 10 days at the beginning of March...It was a little weird being on the West Coast for so long. I was like, "Where are all the black people?" Then I figured out they were substituted by Asians.

We ate out a lot, but one of the restaurants I was pretty impressed with was Buenos Aires Grill, if you're not a vegetarian. It was a little expensive (comparable to New York prices), but the cuts of meat were excellent.

http://seattle.citysearch.com/profile/35703985/seattle_wa/buenos_aires_grill.html

Oh, and I did a lot of mundane shit like getting my rocks off at Ikea and Target (quite a treat for the city girl).

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I'm thinking of taking wifey up there next month so someone (Chan!) knowledge me on what's good besides The Space Needle and Meg Ryan.

Day, I got you hommie. Let me know what info. you need. Restaurants, bars, sight seeing, clubs, shopping, etc.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts

WRONG! Go to The Harvest Vine restaurant in Madison Park for REAL Spanish food. The real Basque food mayne. INCREDIBLE! Tango is not seeing the wine list at Harvest Vine, trust me.

www.harvestvine.com

Yeah seconded! The bar at Tango is really good, but the food and wine are not touching Harvest Vine.

If you want French food hit Le Gourmand in Ballard, that's super solid.

Lark (on 12th by Seattle University) is another recent favorite for tapas-style food.

Do a forum search for record stores, I think we just did that thread a few months ago...

• I'm good and I'm in Seattle.

No homo.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Tabella - Friday nights. Necatar - Saturday nights. A few record stores, the pike place market. There is a good Taco bar down on the water me and Chan hit up. He sits out there in the winter time drinking margaritas next to the water!!! Well, that's what he said he was gonna do. Lol. Hit me up Day. Me and Chan can hook u up.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    PM magicjaxon and I when you get up here, we'll go digging or bowling or whatever if you want.