Toronto Record Show this weekend - who's going?

mojoworkinmojoworkin 283 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I may be getting my pasty, white ass dragged out to this shit this weekend. Who else is going?Is it going to be a bunch of losers drooling over Beatles/Stones/Hendrix turds?I've only been to one show in my life - in Vancouver, and it was full of these dummies selling O.G. Dick Dale and Richie Valens for $$$.Will this be better?

Comments

• Options
    Getting in wiht a dealer you know or paying $20 for early entry is the only way to go IMO. I plan on going...but I also plan on going to an afterhours on Carlaw that night, so....

I don't sweat if I miss them, that's for sure.

K.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    the one on Dixie? Well if you're expecting WFMU or something then you're looking in the wrong place. Lots of rock, etc, but if you're dilligent you can find something decent. Dude from Kop's is always there, and also board member Tuneup's dad.

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    maybe I'll be there, theres always a few good things to be found, but like you said its mostly classic rock ect. Kops reorganized their 45s, Im sure they'll have a good stock out.

• Options
    It's not the "soul" guy fom Kop's that is there, but the dude that rents off Martin upstairs. A good thing or two can be had as he doesn't know much about that stuff. That said, Martin has usually raped him quick.

k.

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    yea, the guy from vintage sounds