Have YOU discovered a record?

pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
How did you find it? Did it make huge $$$$ among collectors after you discovered the gem? Is it sought-after nowdays?Share some stories! (please)

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    **** ******* *** ** * ***** *** * **** to the *** ******* $1200 ***** **** (popsike)

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    tsk tsk, my foreign friend. all questions pertaining to actual records should be directed to the-breaks.com. today is LAME DRAMA ONLY DAY

• you can only rediscover records.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Bring back Anti-Whack.com!

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    i discovered that barry white 45 too! and "the baddest hubbard"

• Options
    Have you discovered 47 different ways for to pry raer disco knowledge from collectors?

K.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    just the other day I saw something poking out from behind a bush, and lo and behold, it was a record! It was a great discovery indeed.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

if anybody needs a copy HOLLAR

I got stock

• Have you discovered 47 different ways for to pry raer disco knowledge from collectors?

K.

hahahahahah

This was a serious post. I just read the Jr. & The Soulettes Story, and damn!!

I thought maybe some of you record nerd got similar stuff to share. But ah no..?

Who of you discovered the Ghetto Brothers - Power-Fuerza LP first? Who of you discovered Steve Marshall - Maintain? Who of you discovered the Andrew White - Fonk Update LP. Who of you discovered Larry McGee - The Burg?

Have any of you been the first to discover classic breaks like the Skull Snaps?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

if anybody needs a copy HOLLAR

I got stock

whoa, check yr PM's dude.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Who of you discovered that[/b] Steve Marshall - Maintain sucks[/b]?

I invented the Internet... and pants

• sucks? are you ?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    sucks? are you ?

"su...su...su...su...sucks!? You!"

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I apparently own the only known copy of Kim Melivn and the Style Setters Orchestra "sweet little thing" I think it is worth upwards of $3 to $5.

• Not sure if you meant the group vs the record. But the Ghetto Bros were a gang that later focused on making music. Don't know if the record was unknown, but I would assume people simply 'forgot' about the Ghetto Bros, rather than them being 'discovered.' Guess it applies to that, discovered vs rediscovered post. Either way, I've resigned to the fact that little is left to be unearthed. Thought I found something new this summer and it turned out to be a boot of something I 'should' have known.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    hammertime, I KNOW you're not trying to claim YOU discovered "Redemption Day", right???

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I discovered the Power of Zeus break. No lie.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I was in the studio with the Honeydrippers when they were recording Impeach, and I was like "hey, you should start that shit out with just the drums" and they were like "well, ok."

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    This one time at Skull Snaps camp...

• Have any of you been the first to discover classic breaks like the Skull Snaps?

whole interview in issue 4

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

I discovered this gem. Thats right...

• I discovered this gem. Thats right...

Dope, two Will Ferrell look-alikes for the price of one!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I discovered Thee Infamous Jesus Break??.

Herm

• Have any of you been the first to discover classic breaks like the Skull Snaps?

Dooley O may have been the first to loop the Skullsnaps, but it was a known break since the early 80s and a sought-after record on the Northern scene since it came out.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Have any of you been the first to discover classic breaks like the Skull Snaps?

Dooley O may have been the first to loop the Skullsnaps, but it was a known break since the early 80s and a sought-after record on the Northern scene since it came out.

"It's a New Day" was never sought after by the Northern crowd, though the flip on the 7", "My Hang Up is You", was.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

I discovered this gem. Thats right...

Dope, two Will Ferrell look-alikes for the price of one!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    you can only rediscover records.