BMX BIKES [what's good related]

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    keep hitting those thrifts... you'll find one!

just had a line on a gt interceptor but dude just sold it.

to keep it record related, i went home last weekend and found a few records at the swap meet.

joe thomas is the ebony godfather
    green hornet ost
    ol waylon
    scarface a minute to pray 12"

anyone in socal got a lead on chrome 20" ^ bmx bikes around $100 plaese to hollar at me!

• Out of all the bmx's that I raced, my favorite frame was a pretty rare one....The Tioga Shogun. The only other racing BMX company that could fuck with it (imnsho) was the Redline. [ps, before anyone talks shit, I had raced and jumped just about everything I could get my hands on, Huffy's, Hutch's, Kuwaharas, GTs, Dynos... I mean, everything....!) Track bike? this think KILLED everything else. I would say check for one online, you could probably get it for next to nothing now.

um. ok. hey, are these them race bikes with the skinny tires cuz im kinda heavy and i'll turn them shits into tacos.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    here's my bike

it's made by Mosh, which is the bmx line for GIANT. I like it, and it seems to be holding up well.

i have no time to break my bones, so i have a 24inch cruiser, no pegs either becuase i cant grind nor do i want to give you a 'lift' home.

*FUN FACT*

i have recieved 2 traffic tickets while riding my bike, one of them being my most expensive to date ($150 for running a red light on a bike).

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    no pegs either becuase i cant grind nor do i want to give you a 'lift' home.

Asking for a lift on the back of another dude's bike = major PAUSE

how about a ride on the handlebars?

Only in drastic situations. Like you better have a gun and we better be getting pursued by enemies.

• no pegs either becuase i cant grind nor do i want to give you a 'lift' home.

Only in drastic situations. Like you better have a gun and we better be getting pursued by enemies.

I'm laughing in my cubicle picturing young_regatta ridin' in the side care of shig's schwinn.

or in one of these

i heard you used to ride in the basket like ET

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    I still have my Diamond back Silver Streak in my garage, I loved that thing as much if not more than I love any record now! Am I sitting on a gold mine??

if by "goldmine" you mean one hundred hard earned shig-o-dollars, then YES!

i really dont know what a bike is worth but it might be worth more. i liked the diamondback decals bitd.

I'm laughing in my cubicle picturing young_regatta ridin' in the side care of shig's schwinn.

I push the pedals--he rolls in the sidecar.

Please do not get it twisted.

he's right. like im gonna do menial labor whilst enjoying my beers.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

I am saying. Do I need to regale regatta with rickshaw reminisces?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Oh Hell Yes!

There was a time when BMX was everything to me.

I had copies of RIDE and BMX Plus! strewn
    about my bedroom, parts everywhere, and wore shorts and
    BMX-related t-shirts year-round.

Best (as in enjoyable) job I ever had was 5 years of doing deliveries
    for a photo lab in a 1-mile area downtown, using my beamer for everything.
    It was like this: pick-up film, race to delivery spot doing bunny hops and
    manuals the whole way - drop-off film and spend half-hour practicing tricks -
    repeat for 8 hours, 5 days, pick up paycheck on Friday.
    Life has never been sweeter.

I went through around 6 bikes in that time - started with a trashed
    Kuwahara that I tricked out with offset mags and gully bars - moved up
    to a slick GT racer with high-end parts (3-piece cranks: ) that
    someone snapped the krypto on and ganked - ended up with a Robinson
    laid-back chrome racer with DK "iron cross" pedals that I could throw
    around like it was nothing. Also had a Free Agent 24" "Limo" that I
    used as a genuine commisioned bike courier for a year, I could freakin'
    tear on that thing.

Damn, I miss flying.

shut up fool. your working the handlebars and rear brakes.

Did I get the bad end of this deal?

shut up fool. your working the handlebars and rear brakes.

Damn. I was just gonna tell the dude how I used to pull you around the Tenderloin in a lowriding rickshaw while you consumed can after can of Steel Reserve...

this is true. you are a good man jonny. i remember youd even cart my fat ass up the hill to lucky chances. young phonics was my quarters and napkins boy then too.

shut up fool. your working the handlebars and rear.

• i have a free agent 24in that i picked up about 3 years ago, it didnt really look like any on their site though.
    anybody know how to tell the approx. age of redlines?
    i have one i bought off this kid for 10 bucks about 8 years ago. all the parts are shit on it. my friend was standing up peddling on it when the chain broke

oh man. this is better than getting a bike.

oh man. this is better than getting a bike.

After this, if you think I'm giving you piggyback rides around the swap meet you got another thing coming.

cmon man, im not that demanding, am i? alls im expecting is to be handfed churros while i get my knockoff gucci on.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    shig you should just check craigslist if your looking for a bmx around 100 bucks. most of the shit around 50 or less are janky ass NEXT bikes and kmart specials but you can land some semi decent shit for around 100, especially if you just want an old diamond back with turquois tires and white mags. cheap dynos and mongooses are usually all over craigslist

you can also find deals on there from frustrated parents selling off Timmy's expensive bike that he never rides ever since he fell over the handlebars for the first time.

• hipster

oh, and i'll need a bungee cord to fasten my jnco hems so the crank dont eat em.

they sell jnco at macy's now? is that why they were on sale?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    seriously, doggs. school me on BMX. last time i owned a bmx bike it was a diamonback silver streak. i wanted a kuwahara. do they even make them shits still?

Shit dude.. I had a kuwahara. With a chromoly crank and dope bear trap pedals.

But that was soooo long ago...

Why don't you look for one of those huge ass tank bikes. What were they called again? The ones with the fuel tank and the huge ass shocks. I see hipster with 2006 stylees versions on the streets now.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    jpeggery:

This GT had been going for 60 bucks on Austin's craiglist.

VDC Cruiser

Mongoose

Looking at all these pics makes me want one too.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

I ride a black DK General Lee minus all the stickers. I like the frame more than the name of the bike.

A 24" cruiser would be nice to have!

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

A 24" cruiser would be nice to have!

as would this