Headed to Paris

2»

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Are there any funk or soul nights anyone knows of that I should check out? I would love to check something like that out in Paris.

sometimes cafe oz on rue de bruxelles has some good djs, but sometimes it is house/techno and other poo. proceed with caution, but there isnt a cover and another upside is that it is the hangout for the Moulin Rouge dancers when they get off of work(about 1AM)! On a weekend night it is nothing but leggy blondes in there! I have DJ'd there before on the weekends and it is a mighty fun place to be at that time...

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Are there any funk or soul nights anyone knows of that I should check out? I would love to check something like that out in Paris.

sometimes cafe oz on rue de bruxelles has some good djs, but sometimes it is house/techno and other poo. proceed with caution, but there isnt a cover and another upside is that it is the hangout for the Moulin Rouge dancers when they get off of work(about 1AM)! On a weekend night it is nothing but leggy blondes in there! I have DJ'd there before on the weekends and it is a mighty fun place to be at that time...

Jesus Christ somebody book me.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

damn homey...I just tried to look up some contact info and it looks like the Rue de Bruxelles location is no longer open . It looks like the rue saint denis location is the only one open in Paris now...dang. The reason it was a hang out was because it was only a block away from the moulin rouge (and it is an aussie bar and the dancers are mostly australian or kiwi) so I dont know if the dancers hoof it to the other side of the city to hang out there. But hit them up with an email, they do book djs at the other location...free drinks and some euros in your pocket. www.cafe-oz.com

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

damn homey...I just tried to look up some contact info and it looks like the Rue de Bruxelles location is no longer open . It looks like the rue saint denis location is the only one open in Paris now...dang. The reason it was a hang out was because it was only a block away from the moulin rouge (and it is an aussie bar and the dancers are mostly australian or kiwi) so I dont know if the dancers hoof it to the other side of the city to hang out there. But hit them up with an email, they do book djs at the other location...free drinks and some euros in your pocket. www.cafe-oz.com

Ahhhh much thanks to you my former Texan friend. The ponderosa preparty your playing at looks to be a lot of fun. I wish I could make it out. I went to the ponderosa stomp showcase at SXSW in March. People I saw that you should not miss if they play: Barbara Lynn. Fucking incredible make sure to see her. Eddie Bo. He was much better than I honestly ever expected, even with the club's shit house band backing him. Little Buck. He opened the show with Monkey in a sack, what else do you need to know?

Thanks for the pointer on the club bookings, I am getting ready to shoot them an email.
    Anyone know of any other people or places that may wanna book a brother to play some Texas Funk 45's?