WHO OWNS FUNK 45 RADIO ???

noreillenoreille 270 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I discovered this incredible radio some monthes ago by an hazardous way while searching for some record... The site is loaded with 13 GB of mixed up goodies from pure afrobeat to modern soul, also some great soul numbers, library... etc... You'll hear $ 2000 records "as much as" dollar bins (well, I must admit at least half of them are quite rare). The site owner did scan the labels and covers and they appear nearly each time while the music is playing... A request line permits to choose the program and make some unexpected discoveries. I must admit I falled on my knees when I heard "Free Bobby" by "The Lumpen" for the first time! Someone knows approximately the value of this jewel?WHO OWNS THIS SITE ??? ANYONE KNOWS ???ONE LINK: http://68.40.188.159:7000/Have fun and please pick up selections of a good taste so I can focus on my work without beeig perturbed by bad choices (a few loser tracks or too many times listened to) and spend half my time correcting the shoot!

Comments

• I would love to know the answer to this....after you posted this today in the "I'm bored at work thread," I spent all day listening to this thing. INCREDIBLE.

Any info on this site is greatly appreciated. And, a big thanks to whoever owns or runs it.

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    And, a big thanks to whoever owns or runs it.

You read in my thoughts!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    No domain?

IP comes back as Comcast Cable Communications, Inc. MICHIGAN

With the show coming off
    c-68-40-188-159.hsd1.mi.comcast.net:8000

Great show tho...

Thx

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Thanks for the link, this shit is great!

• schoggischoggi 298 Posts
    truly incredible & what a great idea! don't want to imagine how many hours it takes to record all these tunes (mostly from comps?) and after to search for the scans in the web...

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    don't want to imagine how many hours it takes to record all these tunes (mostly from comps?) and after to search for the scans in the web...

haha, this type of thing always sounds like fun to me!

don't want to imagine how many hours it takes to record all these tunes (mostly from comps?) and after to search for the scans in the web...

haha, this type of thing always sounds like fun to me!

depends how many spare time you have after work, family, blah blah ... but of course, i see your point...

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    truly incredible & what a great idea! don't want to imagine how many hours it takes to record all these tunes (mostly from comps?) and after to search for the scans in the web...

Considering the amount and rarity of 45s available, I doubt they're all from comps. There are quite a few that I saw that are unlikely to have easy-to-find scans online. But I'm no expert, so I could be wrong.

Considering the amount and rarity of 45s available, I doubt they're all from comps. There are quite a few that I saw that are unlikely to have easy-to-find scans online. But I'm no expert, so I could be wrong.

hmm, but who cares in the end! it's the music that counts and it's truly a great idea!

Some tracks are definitely recorded from comps and the scans provided show it without shame, but yes, some scans are even absolutely uneasy to get (that's saying a lot about the record itself!) and some audio has surface noise, no doubt! ... No matter how incredible or not is this guy's collection I just find it very cool to provide so much good music with a request line without any advertising, just so cool! A few things the guy should perhaps develop: some communication! Or at least, a kind of section with the last audio files recently added...

Anyone could help me about "The Lumpen" 45... I truly need to know how rich I'll have to be in order to get this record... As I'm french, my chances to get this in a flea market are so very poor... By advance, thanks for your help on this one.

after to search for the scans in the web...

Mmmh Mmmh... The vast majority of the 45s scanned have the same white background and seem to have been shot by the same person: the guy himself! No doubt, a lucky man...

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Seriously.....this site is NICE......

The coolest thing about it is that it runs automated, all with scripts. I use live365 for my 24/7 stream, but I havn't figured a way to do auto-requests. I should look into that. Anyone have any ideas?

Nice job to whoever runs it.

-pj

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    its cool, but it seems EVERYTIME I listen and make requests, someone has requested a couple fucking late seventies gross disco tunes that last 6 minutes each...makes waitng for my Deloris Ealy request a chore...but a cool idea, regardless, I like.

I havn't figured a way to do auto-requests. I should look into that. Anyone have any ideas?

The link I posted conducts to the request line. You have a search engine or can see the list by letters... ABC as easy as 123!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    This page just does not load for me... I 've tried at least three times now... sounds radd though

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    This page just does not load for me... I 've tried at least three times now... sounds radd though

same here, googled it too.

its cool, but it seems EVERYTIME I listen and make requests, someone has requested a couple fucking late seventies gross disco tunes that last 6 minutes each...makes waitng for my Deloris Ealy request a chore...but a cool idea, regardless, I like.

That's exactly why I finally decided to post this link and make it discover by people who know the goodies... I'm stucked on my computer because of work and very often listen to this. As I don't like disco neither, it is rare that I let the program plays at random. I just needed good programers!!!

Yesterday was perfect!!! You all came massively, the requests were numerous and so good, very soulful! ... with a few 6 min disco exceptions! Keep on playing the hot ones, I like it and work better this way...

• As much as I enjoyed this at work on Friday, it is driving me crazy this morning...some yutz keeps Jimmy Smith "Root Down" on repeat. It just played back to back, and requeued again. One of the problems of leaving this in the hands of the people...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Hmm. 5 years a go Phillip Lehman hired me to code Funk45radio.com

He converted a lot of his million dollar raers to mp3. Dude like totally left the country and never paid me so I took those mp3s and bootlegged them and sold the CD on eBay to recover costs (remember Good Goodness?).

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

He converted a lot of his million dollar raers to mp3. Dude like totally left the country and never paid me so I took those mp3s and bootlegged them and sold the CD on eBay to recover costs (remember Good Goodness?).

Same dude stilll owes me a bunch of 45's from his "SoulFire Radio DJ 45 Club"

Same dude stilll owes me a bunch of 45's from his "SoulFire Radio DJ 45 Club"

Last I heard, he retired to Peru with daddy's money and surfs all day... so GOOD LUCK!

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

got any copies left? interest.....

got any copies left? interest.....

Dave from Baghat dug up a few copies I sold to him a long time a go and posted them for sale on the site. Looks like he's sold out.

I still have the tracks on my home computer and will post them in Real Headz tonight. If I recall they were high quality Real files that I converted to MP3. Some real mind meld $1000 shit on that comp.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Man, I've been listening to this at work non-stop. I get my own private office in two weeks and will have this on all day. Major props to whoever runs it. I hope we're not blowing it up to the point where the server can't handle the load and dude has to cut it short.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    This station is the shitt!!!! Right on!!