Request (Cut Chemist)

SoldStonedSoulSoldStonedSoul 92 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Anybody have this track? Cut Chemist - The Garden

Comments

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I am highly anticipating his album, but this track does not really work. The drums are way too loud considering the samples chosen for the melody. Sounds very late 90's big beat fatboy slim ish. Plus that astrud clearance can not be cheap, and it seems to be added on as an afterthought. Doesn't really mesh w/ the rest of the song.

There will be better cuts I'm sure....

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Yah those drums kind of slam in at 2:50, but Cut has done that a lot on past remixes and tracks. I guess its supposed to be a dance track? Can't hate on the scratching though.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I am highly anticipating his album, but this track does not really work. The drums are way too loud considering the samples chosen for the melody. Sounds very late 90's big beat fatboy slim ish. Plus that astrud clearance can not be cheap, and it seems to be added on as an afterthought. Doesn't really mesh w/ the rest of the song.

What she said ^

The overall production is impressive, but something's not jelling.

• wescoasiawescoasia 126 Posts

What she said ^

Word up. I was a bit disappointed with both "The Garden", and the joint he did with Edan, after so much anticipation. Maybe they'll grow on me, but for now...

• dayday 9,611 Posts

What she said ^

Word up. I was a bit disappointed with both "The Garden", and the joint he did with Edan, after so much anticipation. Maybe they'll grow on me, but for now...

This is my dude right here

can you believe it's been a decade?! claygee

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

What she said ^

the torture chamber remix? man, i love that! so simple but so fucking good.

the garden on the other hand.....ehhhhhhhhh...im a huge cut chemist fan, but...

those drums sound awful! and half the stuff doesnt even seem like its really in tune...and those synth sounds are REALLY grossing me out. this just sounds so incredibly dated, if this came out in like...1997 i would not be surprised. i really dont like this track at all. im just gonna straight up say it. i hate how it sounds.

comparing it to fatboy slim is an undeserved compliment in my opinion! hahaha

maybe im being too brutal, but what a fucking let down!

hopefully the album doesnt dissapoint, anybody got any idea on a release date? he must be as slow a worker as me...i got really high hopes. the dude has some deeeeeep crates.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    herbaliser made a track with this sample that i like better, 'ginger jumps the fence' on blow your headphones. however, i gotta say cut chemists coast to coast track sons both the garden and the edan & mr lif joint. slightly dissapointed myself, but has anyone confirmed these are actually on his album?

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    heres the coast to coast track i was talking about

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3EI6IS88FPT35096MMLER1K339

from this release:

http://www.turntablelab.com/vinyl/0/0/11304.html

im not sure if this track makes me wanna listen to more cut chemist or mulatu, but i like it better than those other two atleast.

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    You can hear the cuts in his samples, he didnt fade and clean.. But dope song anyway.. Those cuts are bothering me..

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Yeah, not really feeling this new Cut track. Sounds kinda average to my ears.

Anyone know when the new albuym is coming out? Please tell me this isn't the lead 12".

• Yeah, not really feeling this new Cut track. Sounds kinda average to my ears.

Anyone know when the new albuym is coming out? Please tell me this isn't the lead 12".

last i heard it was coming out 6/6/6. he was kind of buggin out about that but i thought it was fresh...

crazy, as we were driving around today, The Garden came on the radio! seemed like a cleaner mix...?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I dunno I think you guys are listening to that track with expectations. I just clicked it without thinking anything and it seemed like a cool track to me. Yeah it definitely sounds a bit unmixed but i think overall the production value of the song is pretty good, lots of good instrument layering, nice techniques cutting up the sounds. It just sounds like something that doesn't real target a specific style or group of listeners so I think a lot of people will find it unappealing for that reason alone. I'm actually curious now to hear another mix of this because it could be mixed slightly better. Definitely not his best work but some of the crits seem a bit harsh.

this Coast to Coast track is pretty cool. I don't know if I would say it's all that much more exciting than the first one but it's good nonetheless.

thanks for posting these, I've been curious to hear some of his solo stuff from his album.

its not that, i just dont dig the sound at all. honestly if i heard this driving around, completely unaware of what it was going into it with absolutely no expectations, i still wouldnt be into it.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    Yeah, not really feeling this new Cut track. Sounds kinda average to my ears.

last i heard it was coming out 6/6/6. he was kind of buggin out about that but i thought it was fresh...

i might have to steal that idea.

• I dunno, I kinda like it.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yeh its not bad. We're getting the wax this week.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    see...much better w/o those drums.

• wyzewayzwyzewayz 303 Posts
    see...much better w/o those drums.

A
    Greed

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

Definately liking this version more

Anyone else excited about Brasilintime?? If anything I just want to see footage of Brasil ha

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Anyone else excited about Brasilintime?? If anything I just want to see footage of Brasil ha

Love the artists, and the country and the music...and the filmakers so yes!

Ill be there in a about a year..inch allah!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Ok, im trying to figure out whats going on here.

I see alot of dudes with crazy african percussion instruments, kinda just doing nothing. There was a guy playing a spanish guitar. Is that in the song? Cause i got the impression he was just kinda playing a brazillian record with that little string loop on top.

Pretty god damned underwhelming if you ask me. I dunno, dj scratching and cutting drums kinda made sense with funk breaks.

Im just not sure you're gonna be adding much but wicka wicka sounds over bossa nova songs here though.

Its like, okay, we get it, you like brazillian records.

Im kinda done with the whole "dj's as artists" thing anyways. Arent you guys? I mean, im a cut chemist fan. He tore it up last night at starshoes, but how bout just making mixtapes?

This shit sounds like it would fit real nice in a neiman marcus commercial, or a moby album from say 5 years ago.

I wouldnt say i , but thats only because theres really not enough there to even hate.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    those guys are like some of the illest diggers alive though.

But i mean, so is AP, i dont see him dropping a solo album though.

I would much rather have like, a really ill cut chemist brazillian mixtape anyday though.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    The more I listen though, the more it vibes on some lazy sunday afternoon style.