New Zealand/Australia folls, I need your help!

drbrownscelraydrbrownscelray 648 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
A client of mine sampled a song by a New Zealand based r&b group called Adeaze. The beat he made out of it was used on Mariah Carey's latest album and for various goboldeygook reasons said client now needs a copy of the original tune and he like lost it and shit. The song is called "A Life Without You" and I believe that the label is Dawn Raid Records. I really need this shit bad, as a fairly big placement hinges on whether or not hommula can track the shit down. Anyone who can post a yousendit link or something similar so that I might obtain this fine slice of Kiwi thug crooning will be my hero forever. I also have many oldschool NY radio shows on mp3 for trade as a little incentive.Keep it real and represent,The Good Dr. Brown

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    A client of mine sampled a song by a New Zealand based r&b group called Adeaze. The beat he made out of it was used on Mariah Carey's latest album and for various goboldeygook reasons said client now needs a copy of the original tune and he like lost it and shit. The song is called "A Life Without You" and I believe that the label is Dawn Raid Records. I really need this shit bad, as a fairly big placement hinges on whether or not hommula can track the shit down. Anyone who can post a yousendit link or something similar so that I might obtain this fine slice of Kiwi thug crooning will be my hero forever. I also have many oldschool NY radio shows on mp3 for trade as a little incentive.

Keep it real and represent,
    The Good Dr. Brown

Hit up the label...

http://www.dawnraid.co.nz/

How does your client sample some new shit and use it on Mariah's album... shame on him!

peace.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

How does your client sample some new shit and use it on Mariah's album... shame on him!

peace.

why shame? maybe its a hot beat, maybe he flipped it real nice, maybe he doesnt have the skill to make music and just makes beats like most of the kids out there. theres nothing wrong with sampling something new. eminem did it with dido and that was a HUGE hit...

just my opinion on your comment. we all have our opinions though from the left coast to down under...

peace.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

peace.

why shame? maybe its a hot beat, maybe he flipped it real nice, maybe he doesnt have the skill to make music and just makes beats like most of the kids out there. theres nothing wrong with sampling something new. eminem did it with dido and that was a HUGE hit...

just my opinion on your comment. we all have our opinions though from the left coast to down under...

i agree, it was tounge in cheek!!

peace j**tin.

b