NEW GHOSTFACE / DOOM

2»

Comments

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    I think I'm the only one who think Ghost over the DOOM beats are the best thing on Fishscale (besides Shakey Dog).

Yes, I think you are the only one who thinks this.

You're right, those "Biggie" and "Momma" songs are really off the chain.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I think I'm the only one who think Ghost over the DOOM beats are the best thing on Fishscale (besides Shakey Dog).

Dude, you're clearly smoking some of those Special Herbs a bit too hard. These are the four beats Doom did on the album:

9 Milli Bros
    Clipse of Doom
    Jellyfish
    Underwater

Mind you - I liked half of these but the first two were basically Doom channeling Rza. "Jellyfish" was the best thing Doom flipped and "Underwater" was some shit only a hardcore Metal Face fan was going to call "fire."

Meanwhile, what you call "disjointed" would include these:

Kilo (Moss)
    The Champ (Just Blaze)
    Beauty Jackson (J. Dilla)
    Crack Spot (Crack Val)
    R.A.G.U. (Pete Rock)
    Whip You With a Strap (Dilla)
    Be Easy (Pete Rock)
    Dogs of War (Pete Rock)
    Barbershop (Studio Beatz)
    Big Girl (Ghostface)

People don't have to love every single one of those tracks, but I'd say more than half that list are beats that are considerably better than the quartet Doom hooked up.

• axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts

Dude, you're clearly smoking some of those Special Herbs a bit too hard. These are the four beats Doom did on the album:

9 Milli Bros
    Clipse of Doom
    Jellyfish
    Underwater

Mind you - I liked half of these but the first two were basically Doom channeling Rza. "Jellyfish" was the best thing Doom flipped and "Underwater" was some shit only a hardcore Metal Face fan was going to call "fire."

Kilo (Moss)
    The Champ (Just Blaze)
    Crack Spot (Crack Val)
    R.A.G.U. (Pete Rock)
    Be Easy (Pete Rock)
    Dogs of War (Pete Rock)
    Big Girl (Ghostface)

People don't have to love every single one of those tracks, but I'd say more than half that list are beats that are considerably better than the quartet Doom hooked up.
    beauty jackson is my favorite beat on the lp right now...i really like how doom used the paul horn loop on "underwater"?, i think thats the name of the track.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

9 Milli Bros
    Clipse of Doom
    Jellyfish
    Underwater

Kilo (Moss)
    The Champ (Just Blaze)
    Crack Spot (Crack Val)
    R.A.G.U. (Pete Rock)
    Be Easy (Pete Rock)
    Dogs of War (Pete Rock)
    Big Girl (Ghostface)

You're kind of being a nerd, Oliver.

I meant to ask you--how was that panel discussion you were on over the weekend? I was gonna come and heckle you, but the weather kept me home.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

9 Milli Bros
    Clipse of Doom
    Jellyfish
    Underwater

Kilo (Moss)
    The Champ (Just Blaze)
    Crack Spot (Crack Val)
    R.A.G.U. (Pete Rock)
    Be Easy (Pete Rock)
    Dogs of War (Pete Rock)
    Big Girl (Ghostface)

9 Milli Bros
    Clipse of Doom
    Jellyfish
    Underwater
    yeah, these are my favorites on the record. And as much as I like the Just blaze track- I do think it's what i call "disjointed". Dilla and Pete Rock tracks can stay.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

You're kind of being a nerd, Oliver.

Of course I am. This is new?

I meant to ask you--how was that panel discussion you were on over the weekend? I was gonna come and heckle you, but the weather kept me home.

Kept me home too. I didn't make it out. I was already in Minneapolis and Denver that week and would have had to take a red eye from Den to NYC in order to attend. I begged out a few weeks ago and Jon Caramanica ended up subbing for me instead. I heard it went pretty good actually.

• we can safely say it is not going to suck

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    so far on fishcale my favorite track is "Underwater." The most creative lyrically and one of the best beats (and doom beats in general) on the album.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    man, i hate to do this but i gotta disagree...at least on the beat.

i mean...usually i like when people leave the drums a little low or whatever, or put no drums over it at all (beauty and the beat) but...i mean the beats so boring regardless! drums wouldnt even save it in my opinion. im just not feelin it...really.

HOWEVER i am excited to hear the rest of the shit. thanks for posting this!