Marco's April Digs (with 13 FREE MP3s!)

2»

Comments

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Take note little dudes, true record finds posts are measured in word count

Marco, thanks for the mpfrees and the live Honey Machine mix!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    y'all sweatin' his disco picks when dood puilled this heat rat here:

Trouble s/t(white vinyl)

most strutters aint ready

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    y'all sweatin' his disco picks when dood puilled this heat rat here:

Trouble s/t(white vinyl)

I knew you'd appreciate that! Funny thing - some of the metal dudes at the show were talking about Trouble's first 5 CDs going for $80+ on eBay. Craziness.

Oh look what came in the mail just in time for my Honey Machine gig tonight:

• y'all sweatin' his disco picks when dood puilled this heat rat here:

Trouble s/t(white vinyl)

I knew you'd appreciate that! Funny thing - some of the metal dudes at the show were talking about Trouble's first 5 CDs going for $80+ on eBay. Craziness.

Oh look what came in the mail just in time for my Honey Machine gig tonight:

That 'Le Winston' sleeve in interesting. Mine is completely different, with a camel. Did they do different ones for different brands??? Does that have 'Sand Step' as a b-side?

That 'Le Winston' sleeve in interesting. Mine is completely different, with a camel. Did they do different ones for different brands??? Does that have 'Sand Step' as a b-side?

Same record, just two different sleeves. One with BB huffing on Winstons (mine) and yours with an equally sexy chick shilling for Camels:

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    8.00 Caetano Veloso: s/t LP Philips Brasil

plaese to sit down to this w/ a nice cup of genma cha, pushin wigs back!

0.00 Air Power: Be Yourself / Welcome to the Disco 12??? (pic sleeve) AVI

b-side = paradise garridge crassic

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    0.00 Air Power: Be Yourself / Welcome to the Disco 12??? (pic sleeve) AVI

b-side = paradise garridge crassic

I like this record

• That 'Le Winston' sleeve in interesting. Mine is completely different, with a camel. Did they do different ones for different brands??? Does that have 'Sand Step' as a b-side?

Same record, just two different sleeves. One with BB huffing on Winstons (mine) and yours with an equally sexy chick shilling for Camels:

That's the one!

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    but taco bell bean burritos? you get the buttdawg?
    Sunday - It was the quickest vegetarian option during the record show.

Taco Bell (bean burrito no cheese, 7-layer no cheese or sour cream)

There is absolutely no way that meal was vegetarian. In all fairness, for such an astute observation you should allow me to have your Caetano.

- spidey

Taco Bell (bean burrito no cheese, 7-layer no cheese or sour cream)

There is absolutely no way that meal was vegetarian. In all fairness, for such an astute observation you should allow me to have your Caetano.

- spidey

Are there any items on your menu that are prepared without meat?

A: Several Taco Bell items do not include meat as an ingredient.[/b] Popular ones include the classic Bean Burrito, 1/2 lb. Bean Burrito Especial, 7-Layer Burrito[/b] , and Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes side item (the last two feature sour cream, which contains a very small amount of gelatin which is naturally animal-based). Of course you can also request that any item on the menu be prepared without meat or sour cream. The enzymes used in the production of our cheese, tortillas, and flatbread are not from an animal source.
    http://www.tacobell.com/burning_questions/

YOU GET NO CAETANO DAWG

You are correct in that fact, but I have a friend who works there who is a vegetarian. Who told me they use lard, and left over ground beef oil for seasoning in the rice. Traditional Mexican rice uses Chicken broth.

- spidey

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    Are there any items on your menu that are prepared without meat?

A: Several Taco Bell items do not include meat as an ingredient.[/b] Popular ones include the classic Bean Burrito, 1/2 lb. Bean Burrito Especial, 7-Layer Burrito[/b] , and Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes side item (the last two feature sour cream, which contains a very small amount of gelatin which is naturally animal-based). Of course you can also request that any item on the menu be prepared without meat or sour cream. The enzymes used in the production of our cheese, tortillas, and flatbread are not from an animal source.
    http://www.tacobell.com/burning_questions/

My understanding of this was always that the soft shells contain whey but the hard shells were vegan. So you know my PO Box, I'll be watching for Caetano. Or at least some Cilantro.

You are correct in that fact, but I have a friend who works there who is a vegetarian. Who told me they use lard, and left over ground beef oil for seasoning in the rice. Traditional Mexican rice uses Chicken broth.

- spidey

Well I did read this blog which indicates that their rice is not 100% vegan but is vegetarian:

http://www.almostvegan.com/archives/2004/08/vegan_taco_bell.html

The point is, you never know what the hell ANY restaurant is really putting in their food. All you can do is research, ask questions, make dietary requests and cross your fingers.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Okay straight from the Taco Bell website, their ingredient PDF file
    http://www.tacobell.com/burning_questions/ingredient_statement_06.pdf

Flour Tortilla
    Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid),
    Water, Partially Hydrogenated Shortening (Soybean and/or Cottonseed oils which may contain Mono and
    Diglycerides) and Sugar. Contains 2% or less of the following: Salt, Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
    Sodium Bicarbonate), Fumaric Acid, Calcium Propionate, Potassium Sorbate (used as preservatives), Dough
    conditioners (DATEM, Mono and Diglycerides, Enzymes). (Contains: WHEAT, SOYBEAN, GLUTEN)

Rice, Seasoned (Contains: MILK)
    Water, Seasoning: Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Maltodextrin, Salt, Vegetarian Broth (Natural Flavors
    {Including Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Autolyzed Yeast}, Maltodextrin, Salt, Citric Acid, Partially Hydrogenated
    Soybean Oil, Tapioca Dextrin, Sodium Caseinate), Tomato Powder, Corn Flour, Spices, Garlic Powder, Onion
    Powder, Dehydrated Bell Pepper, Dehydrated Onion, Dehydrated Tomato, Paprika (Color), Extractives of Paprika (Color), Citric Acid, Mono and Diglycerides, Malic Acid, Disodium Inosinate and Disodium Guanylate, and less than 2% Calcium Silicate added to prevent caking. Rice (Raw) - Precooked Long Grain Rice Enriched with Niacin (Niacinamide), Iron (Ferric Orthophosphate), Thiamine (Thiamine Mononitrate), and Folic Acid.

Beans
    Pinto Beans, Partially Hydrogenated Corn Oil (freshness preserved with TBHQ), Salt, Calcium Chloride, Artificial Color, and Red No. 40. Pinto Beans, Partially Hydrogenated Corn Oil (with TBHQ to preserve freshness), Salt.

You may have won this round marcosa, but that Caetano will one day be mine!

- spidey

• Props for being vegan, Marco. I haven't eaten any kind of meat or fish for the last 6-7 years or so, but I still partake in eggs, cheese, and milk.

I too loves me some 7-layer burritos from T.B. You do not want to be around my butt after those though.

Can anyone name a regular soy milk that DOESN'T taste like pure cane sugar?

Thanks in advance!

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    Frank Hooker is ass.

K.

ever heard "this feelin"? that's the jam...breakbeat intro...and good disco tune. and wax poetics approved!

Frank Hooker is ass.

K.

ever heard "this feelin"? that's the jam...breakbeat intro...and good disco tune. and wax poetics approved!

I'm a fan of "Rock Me" myself.