Jorge Ben ?

2»

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I like this LP he did with gilberto gil,"Ogum Xang??"
    really stripped-down, just some guitars amd bass and occasional percussion, plus the 15 minute version of "Taj Mahal" is great.

Yeah, this thread made me pull that one out again. It's really interesting to hear the difference in how these two approach their vocals. Gil with the ornamented, slightly theatrical phrasing, and Ben with his subtle and slinky style. "Nega" is my jam, with the two singing about their "tropical woman" in accented english.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    For disco you have to cop this one:

Just picked this up over the weekend..really like the last song on the A Side.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Any Suggestions?

With no hesitation...

Jorge Ben & his trio AMOR DE CARNAVAL on Vedette records 211, from 1970. Italian pressing. Is there another pressing of this jewell ???

Quite rare but well worth the investment!!! Perfect from begining to the end. Every tune is on the same level: top, winner! More than my favourite Jorge Ben LP, perhaps my favourite brazilian LP... This isn't brazilian funk, just perfect brazilian music superbly arranged with a kind of psychedelic samba touch that I can only very warmly recommend.

I have no way to load a picture of it but I founded a "yahoo japan auction" link, so if you scroll down you'll be able to see the cover of this (once again) terrific and complete LP...

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f43571439

This looks sick...thanks for the knoledge noreille

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Any Suggestions?

With no hesitation...

Jorge Ben & his trio AMOR DE CARNAVAL on Vedette records 211, from 1970. Italian pressing. Is there another pressing of this jewell ???

Quite rare but well worth the investment!!! Perfect from begining to the end. Every tune is on the same level: top, winner! More than my favourite Jorge Ben LP, perhaps my favourite brazilian LP... This isn't brazilian funk, just perfect brazilian music superbly arranged with a kind of psychedelic samba touch that I can only very warmly recommend.

I have no way to load a picture of it but I founded a "yahoo japan auction" link, so if you scroll down you'll be able to see the cover of this (once again) terrific and complete LP...

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f43571439

got it

its okay

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts

THIS IS PERFECTION, PURCHASE IT WITH EYES CLOSED !!!

One day a close friend was lounging at home while I was recording cool sounds for him, he suddently asked me what I would do if my appartment was burning without any hope to resolve the problem...

me: "My girl and my son!"

friend: "Okay, but what about the records?"

me: "None will escape! Choosing might be dangerous in this situation..."

friend: "You have the time to take a few... still none?"

me: "Perhaps Amor de carnaval"...

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Not Jorge Ben, but how is this album:

Clube Da Esquina 2

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    this one is really good...from 1975