anti immigrant bill demonstrations

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
went downtown today to see mad chinese and koreans come up from chinatown, many many mexicans roll up from south philly, dominicans and other latinos roll out of the northern hoods, africans an caribbeans marched out the west...moving thing to see everyone representing and coming together.reminded me a little of fantasy books like lord of the rings or narnia where all the armies come out of their realms to fight evil. elves? check. humans? check. eagles? check. dwarves? check (that would have to be the mexicans.haha.)anyone else join the marches? LA? anyway. peace,respect and hope. -t

Comments

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Downtown Phoenix is pretty much shut down.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    the demonstration is supposed to take place around rush hour time out here. we still got an hour or two.

i did go to the HUGE one a few weeks back.

http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat...true#Post624692

• about 30,000 folks had st paul on smash yesterday, but there's nothing to be found on the local newspaper's website about it.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    about 30,000 folks had st paul on smash yesterday, but there's nothing to be found on the local newspaper's website about it.

"And TONIGHT, here's Don Mackerson with our BIG leading story, Don?"

"Uh yes, balmy breezes blew through the Twin Cities today, pushing the 5 p.m. temperature to 79 degrees in Lakeville and South St. Paul. A cool front may bring storms late tonight. Back to you in the studio, guys."

Off camera: "Phew...think they noticed?"

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

wow.

beautiful thing.
    there was so many cute little babies out here today. the rally down here was pretty small in comparison, but chinatown did unleash a fleet of the new years dragons.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    about 30,000 folks had st paul on smash yesterday, but there's nothing to be found on the local newspaper's website about it.

"And TONIGHT, here's Don Mackerson with our BIG leading story, Don?"

"Uh yes, balmy breezes blew through the Twin Cities today, pushing the 5 p.m. temperature to 79 degrees in Lakeville and South St. Paul. A cool front may bring storms late tonight. Back to you in the studio, guys."

Off camera: "Phew...think they noticed?"

...and now a word form rupert murdoch

teevee news

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

wow.

beautiful thing.
    there was so many cute little babies out here today. the rally down here was pretty small in comparison, but chinatown did unleash a fleet of the new years dragons.

by far the most memorable and emotionally powerful thing i have witnessed in Los Angeles.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I just took this picture from my living room window. This crowd extends for blocks and blocks and blocks. Downtown Seattle is SHUT DOWN YA'LL! I think I'll go join the march in a minute.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Time to bring back my old avatar from Novemner 2004.

Hi Tony!

• forgive my ignorance but what are they marching over?

the new bill isn`t fair?

before anyone starts i am not supporting the decision at all - i didn`t really read into it last week.I am interested to know what the small print involved with this is though...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    forgive my ignorance but what are they marching over?

the new bill isn`t fair?

before anyone starts i am not supporting the decision at all - i didn`t really read into it last week.I am interested to know what the small print involved with this is though...

One of the major issues is that if the new bill is passed, it will become a felony to be an illegal immigrant in the U.S.

• no-one is given time to get straight?

they offered help for people here certain time right?

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    forgive my ignorance but what are they marching over?

the new bill isn`t fair?

One of the major issues is that if the new bill is passed, it will become a felony to be an illegal immigrant in the U.S.

there is no way in hell that bill will get passed.....

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

anyone else join the marches?

I went downtown on Sunday and marched with and estimated 350,000 - 500,000 people. There're a handful of Latinos here in Dallas. You know, one or two. I'll post some pics soon.

c

• bboybboy 13 Posts
    joined the DC march

that was the most people i ever seen in my life.
    and the subway operators were speakin spanish too.

peace