that movie Brick

slushslush 691 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
was actually pretty good.except for dialogue that bricks because the 3rd rock dude forgot to open his mouth before he said a few lines. its all good though. the pin and his fowl cane and his ghostface proportioned hawk statue made it worthwhile. anyone else see this? or anything good and new?

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i'll be going to see Werner Herzog LIVE in the beginning of May.

I will bring an extra shoe....just in case.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    dude are they sold out yet?
    i gotta get my hotdocs tix

i like how the listing for it is basically "come see herzog shoot the shit and chill. there is no agenda at all not even eating shoes"

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    his talk is sold out, but they'll be selling tickets the day of at the box office.

i know! lol - with him, i think they're smart to keep it kinda vague.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    saw it... thought it was pretty good. while i was watching it, i came to the conclusion that it was just a modern day re-telling of "red harvest" by dashiel hammett, mixed up with chandler's "big sleep". check those books out, and you'll be suprised. that evil chick is the hottest girl on earth, by the way.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i just saw the extremely raer recently unearthed film noir flick "angel's flight" with some friends and a strutter. it was pretty damn good. mostly cuz of the exterior footage of bunker hill here in LA. i get off on that shit.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    that evil chick is the hottest girl on earth, by the way.

yeah for real forereal

i can definitely see big sleep... what with the brain and all. the info guy

• slushslush 691 Posts
    i just saw this doc "LA plays itself"... about LA as a character in movies, as a city, and its recurring sets. Bunker Hill plays a big part in it. very cool.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    i'll be going to see Werner Herzog LIVE in the beginning of May.

I will bring an extra shoe....just in case.

Call errol morris!

Seriously tho, I'm addicted to the BRICK preview. Good stuff, modern nerdy teen noir. Too bad I live in a place that won't see it for another few months.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i just saw burden of dreams last night on IFC, i need to check out fitzcarraldo, my grandpa had a poster for it on his wall up until the day he died, was his fav movie,

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I saw that neo-noir film Slevin last night. That was a joke. Unfortunately on me. I assumed going it, but seeing the movie proved it: That shit was doo-doo. The director is a hack job. If you saw and liked either Pulp Fiction or Sin City, there's absolutely no reason to sit through a shanty re-telling that comes up way short, despite having a great cast. Not to mention the fact that --- SPOILER ALERT --- it was the second movie I saw in which Ben Kingsly dies by suffocating in a small plastic bag.