Can someone sum up the Bun B thread?

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    what do you mean?

the cover is done-up like a pack a ZIG ZAGS rolling papers...

His grandmother must have told him to do that...

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    well, i guess now we know who DOESN'T smoke...

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    indo = indoor

just like hydro = hydroponic

Tastes like outdo to me.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    well, i guess now we know who DOESN'T smoke...

I never noticed that either. huh....

• byron likes to push buttons. his post wasnt even really talking about southern rap somuch as he was talking about fans of southern rap.

"Southern rap fans, meanwhile, make it a point to draw no distinction between the best and the worst their particular segment of the hip-hop community has to offer. They may not actually pretend to like ???Laffy Taffy,??? but they???ll be quick to call your ass a bigot if you suggest that it???s arguably history???s greatest abortion in musical form."

looking at the xxl blog, alot of the responses simply illustrate his point. southern rap fans will not offer examples of what is good or bad, they will just call you a "pussy" into submission.

finally byron notes how southern rap is being pushed by the rap "powers that be"

and people are just going off on how byron should be castrated and hung...

i think however.. .people need to read and re read until they understand.

maybe sound out the words....

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    byron likes to push buttons. his post wasnt even really talking about southern rap somuch as he was talking about fans of southern rap.

"Southern rap fans, meanwhile, make it a point to draw no distinction between the best and the worst their particular segment of the hip-hop community has to offer. They may not actually pretend to like ???Laffy Taffy,??? but they???ll be quick to call your ass a bigot if you suggest that it???s arguably history???s greatest abortion in musical form."

looking at the xxl blog, alot of the responses simply illustrate his point. southern rap fans will not offer examples of what is good or bad, they will just call you a "pussy" into submission.

finally byron notes how southern rap is being pushed by the rap "powers that be"

wow, that was well said.

• byron likes to push buttons. his post wasnt even really talking about southern rap somuch as he was talking about fans of southern rap.

it's funny we had a thread about laffy taffy on here and the southern rap fanatics defended it as, among other things, genius.

if Byron was trying to get across that people don't make distinctions between good and bad and just push all southern rap as good music he'd hae to look no further than that post for proof

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Local Black Experience Legend's status questioned by temporary hip hop fans.

temporary? and aren't you from France or something?

Uh... dude is from the Bronx.

By way of Jamaica,cant you tell from the spelling of his name

LOL............Mag knows!

yeah, MON iz a reference to my dreadlock dayz. And my Grandmother iz from France.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    This thread was so much better before it actually turned to talk of Bun B.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    multi-page thread summary threads:

or

?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    In sum:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    holy shit

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

The same could be said about virtually any comment left on any of the XXL blogs about any subject--insults and poorly reasoned arguments are in no way specific to people that like Southern rap.

Please try again.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

The same could be said about virtually any comment left on any of the XXL blogs about any subject--insults and poorly reasoned arguments are in no way specific to people that like Southern rap.

Please try again.

Seriously, see: any message board on anything, ever.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Ughhh.... I tried catching up where I had left off at page 8, but by page 12 there was so much internuts fan boy circle jerking going on that I almost vomitted and had to quit.

people take themselves WAYYYY too seriously. Some folks have somehow convinced themselves that their opinion matters.