KUSF ? How did you do-do?

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I swear damit this a true story. For some reason I decided to come home early last night, hit the hay around midnight, and then all of a sudden I wake up at 5:00 in the morning and I start thinking "hmmmm I wonder the next KUSF swap is, imma check today and find out...."

fuck..

so which one of you poptarts got the craaaaaaaazzzzzzyyyyyyyyyy face melters for 2.99 and felt like a big dude when you pulled out Kid Dynamite and a private press college jazz band record with a "FUNKY AND GROOVY" cover of "spinning wheel"? I bet the clarniet player had an afro!

Comments

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    it was

shows in Austin and Pasadena produced half the dealer output as usual. they actually closed off half of the room because of this. weren't that many heads, didn't see that much heat, for cheap anyways. picked up some pieces though. gonna write something up on my blog soon.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I ran into the guy who runs ATomic Records at the Groove Merchant today - he apparently had a very good time at KUSF. I didn't even know it was today (not like I would have waken up to go there but still...)

• I was protesting the $15 early bird fee/out drunk til 3 AM the night before so I got there at like 1:30. Yeah not a whole lot going on over there that late. Half the room closed off and the few dealers there starting to bail. Only things acquired worth mentioning were that Chairmen of the Board - Skin I'm In (funkiness!) and that Milt Jackson - Memphis Jackson with that lovely Enchanted Lady cut on there. I'm glad I made the 10 minute walk over there. Even caught a little USF baseball as they were trouncing somebody. Baseball is back!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    it was half a show... literally... half the room had tables only.

found a couple of rare/expensive bay area records for stupid cheap. got the Ace Spectrum LP for $10. another Leon Ware (ap: holler if you still need this) and a few Peter Tosh titles for $1 a piece.

a few dealers had some really great Jazz and Psych titles for cheap prices. it was a good show but the 45s fucking sucked.

ed harris' oakland show was GREAT! i didnt know that half-priced books was out here but they have three stores. weird... anyway, got some rare blue notes for $2-3 a piece (sorry im keeping them). also got a copy of the Willie and the Bumblebees that im selling. an old homie of mine was selling his rap vinyl and that shit was GOLDEN! saafir LPs, too short trunk rmx, bush babees LP, da king and i 12s, jvc force LPs, common 12s, and a shit load more.

got the baba yaga and the mary watkins LP at ashby and a lead for a collection of soul lps.

anyway... i guess this belonged more in the weekend finds. oh well...

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    jinx, you got the second jvc force LP for me?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    saafir LPs, too short trunk rmx,

LP(s), plural? Multiples of Boxcar or is there a No-No vinyl I'm not aware of???

Too Short Trunk RMX

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    I left unsatisfied. The only things I left with worth mentioning was a Armando Peraza "Wild Thing" and a free copy of Shuggie's "Freedom Flight".

J, you left without your loot for the lesbian record!