Florida vs UCLA

ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I haven't really watched that much of the tournament and don't really know the rankings and all that other stuff but for the championship I'm calling Florida and my mayne Noah. We'll see.What's everyones predictions this year ?Image hosting by Photobucket

Comments

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    no comment.

• Florida may win this...but, as the same high basketball IQ friend I referenced in the NBA draft thread said the other day...

"What if you woke up one day, and you found yourself a Florida fan...wouldn't that suck?" Win or lose, that made me laugh.

• jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
    It's only halftime and remember.....Gonzaga?!!!

• FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Someone needs to tranquilize Noah and release him back into the wild

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

dude is runnin things
    wow

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Noah among boys. Block. Block. Dunk. Block.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

dude is runnin things
    wow

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Noah among boys. Block. Block. Dunk. Block.

he went absolutely bananas on the bruins.

anyone catch him blowing kisses to the cheerleaders? semi-sleazy. definitely raised his stock even more.

biggest fuckup of the night was CBS not replaying the bruins' inbounds dunk midway through the second half. dude dunked OVER noah...literally rested his nuts on noahs head. best dunk of the night, easy

but for real though, florida dissected that press and dunked every time down court. gotttttttttaaaaaaammm!!!

a shame that none of the final four games were competetive

• FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

dude is runnin things
    wow

don't let the suit and tie fool you. 'Tis a beast

mark my words though, if UCLA keeps its underclassmen they are fucking shit up hardcroe come next year

mark my words though, if UCLA keeps its underclassmen they are fucking shit up hardcroe come next year

dont know if hollis will recover though. he got chumped

• UCLA won't make Sweet 16 next year

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts

dont know if hollis will recover though. he got chumped

you mean hollins. dude is a senior. he is the last of lavin's crap players. i went to his first game as a freshman against some dipshit exhibition team. he got completely destroyed by this guy lamas (who played in the pros for a while, think he averaged about 1 point a game for the suns). think the bruins lost by 35 points at home! he has definatly made progress but a team with a center averaging 6 points a game during the season isn't gonna win with noah in there.

everybody is thinking ucla, florida and lsu will be good next year. i predict none of those teams make it past the second round next year. that's the way it is, just too hard to repeat a big run.

ooops, hollins. senior. fuck it, he didnt get a body on noah all game. noah was allover the place though, breaking the press at halfcourt and pushing the ball up frenetically.
    if lsu and florida dont lose guys to the pros, it would be hard not to cast them as bigdogs early on. but the tournament is so fucking unpredictable. all it takes is for one scrappy lil dude to start reigning threes and one dude like noah to catch the spirit and go apeshit on people...any team can win any one game

• biggest fuckup of the night was CBS not replaying the bruins' inbounds dunk midway through the second half. dude dunked OVER noah...literally rested his nuts on noahs head. best dunk of the night, easy

Replay coverage was terrible. I know its tough, because there is a lot of nonstop action in a basketball game, but that dunk was facemelt. Too bad it didn't matter...But, DEFINITELY worth another look. I've done some replay work on a variety sports events, and there is no excuse for not showing that.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    there is no excuse for not showing that.

maybe there was..........

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    there is no excuse for not showing that.

maybe there was..........

Yeah you know i am not a big conspiracy theorist in any setting but there were a couple calls down the stretch that seemed real fishy - UCLA was trying to shift momentum and got two straight no-calls which enabled Florida to put the game away at that point.

However this is all kind of bullshit because Florida owned them all game.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    Florida is my alma mater...this game was fun to watch! Noah flirting with the cheerleaders was hilarious!

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    i was really pulling for ucla, mostly because florida was way too cocky and billy donovan creeps me out, sorta like bill baxton in Big Love.

noah's wink & kiss to the cheerleaders was obnoxious and he looked like he belonged in jurassic park when he was doing that gator chomp.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    did they really seem that cocky? i think it's just that they were winning so easily that maybe it seemed cocky...especially if you were routing for ucla.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

That was what we like to call a good old country ass-kicking.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    1)i knew UCLA had no chance to win this game,which is why i kept my mouth shut before the game......the strange thing is i thought Florida could win it all earlier in the season but i backed off that after LSU beat them and i saw how sick UCONN was

2)Noah is not that good people....he should average 15pts,10rebounds and 5 block shots with his eyes closed.....he's weak,has terrible footwork(defensive & offensive) and his post game is nasty......his agressiveness is very impressive (considering he's not strong )and he has very long arms which makes him 7ft+ ..and there are very few 7ft's in the college game...he better stay put

3)the way the refs called the game in the first half was sad...they took away UCLA's agressiveness ..the Pac 10 got fucked in this tourney and it was obvious..Florida was hammering the Bruins under the basket..no calls..then they tried to close the gap by giving UCLA those same calls at the end of the game when the outcome was decided ...AND LETS NOT GET INTO THE GODDAMN TRAVELING FLORIDA DID ALL NIGHT....

4)UCLA deserved to lose...they couldn't score all year,Afflalo's butt cheeks are still glued together, and they played like they were scary bitches in the 2nd half....the rotations on defense were predictable and they got picked apart because of it.......sorry ass Mata & 5th year senior Bozeman should have just stayed home

5)Billy Donovan annoys me...but he coached his ass off this game and he's a great recruiter.....two title games in 5 years? could be trouble

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    1)i knew UCLA had no chance to win this game,which is why i kept my mouth shut before the game......the strange thing is i thought Florida could win it all at the start of the season but i backed off that pick after LSU beat them and i saw how sick UCONN was

2)Noah is not that good people....he should average 15pts,10rebounds and 5 block shots with his eyes closed.....he's weak,has terrible footwork(defensive & offensive) and his post game is nasty......his agressiveness is very impressive (considering he's not strong )and he has very long arms which makes him 7ft+ ..and there are very few 7ft's in the college game...he better stay put

3)the way the refs called the game in the first half was sad...they took away UCLA's agressiveness ..the Pac 10 got fucked in this tourney and it was obvious..Florida was hammering the Bruins under the basket..no calls..then they tried to close the gap by giving UCLA those same calls at the end of the game when the outcome was decided ...AND LETS NOT GET INTO THE GODDAMN TRAVELING FLORIDA DID ALL NIGHT....

4)UCLA deserved to lose...they couldn't score all year,Afflalo's butt cheeks are still glued together, and they played like they were scary bitches in the 2nd half....the rotations on defense were predictable and they got picked apart because of it.......sorry ass Mata & 5th year senior Bozeman should have just stayed home

5)Billy Donovan annoys me...but he coached his ass off this game and he's a great recruiter.....two title games in 5 years? could be trouble

Total cosign on Joakim. My wife's got better form than he does. Dude, looks like he is throwing that shit at the hoop.

As for the officiating. You could not be any more wrong in your analysis. I don't think I have ever seen so many pure caps since Oaljuwon was terrorizing the tourney. Yes, Joakim had one egregious walk that didn't get called. But FLA just manhandled them defensively. Cory Brewer put on a clinic. Note to Bruins: After he steals the ball from behind once, pay attention when bringing the ball down the court.

Really only Farmar showed to play and that just ain't gonna cut iut.

I hated that 2000 FLA team that got whooped my Mich St. Those were some dirty dudes. Teddy Douchebag undercutting Mateen Cleaves. Fuck that. I have always blamed Donovan for that but I got to admit he did a helluva job last night.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

his footwork sucks, and he's a bit skinny, but he works his ass off and he's got a great NBA frame with those long arms. Think Tayshaun Prince with an extra couple inches. He'll never be a big scorer, but defense, rebounding, blocks, steals? yep.

last year he sucked so bad he didn't even play. This year he blew up. He'd be a likely lottery dud if he came out now, but if he spends another year in college putting on weight and learning how to defend properly, he's gonna be a beast.

3)the way the refs called the game in the first half was sad...they took away UCLA's agressiveness .. Fla's defense, inc. Noah's five blocks in the first half, took away UCLA's game. They don't really have any scorers to begin with (everything comes out of their defense), so when their defense was solved, they got no easy baskets.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

his footwork sucks, and he's a bit skinny, but he works his ass off and he's got a great NBA frame with those long arms. Think Tayshaun Prince with an extra couple inches. He'll never be a big scorer, but defense, rebounding, blocks, steals? yep.

having weak low post moves doesnt mean he has shitty footwork. i can't stand noah and think he looks like a tyranasaurus rex, but he has game and was breaking the press by himself last night. if you can dribble past a point guard at his hight, then your footwork is just fine. he reminds me of camby but with a solid handle and better athleticism.

yo, noah is real real young. cant you tell by looking at his face? dude needs to grow into himself. he's like a big puppy dog, running all over the place. that being said, he looked very athletic for a big dude, as keith said, breaking the press, etc. He will fill out, he will get plenty stronger, he'll work on his footwork, and he'll terrorize the ncaa's with his wingspan. he's got heart and a killer intinct that wins games. i got no doubts he'll be a fine pro, but he needs to season at least for one more year. will probably take him 3 years in the pros to get the steps down...but he'll make it work.

kvhorn, why you so hung up on how he looks??? and why are you named after the corniest basketball player of all time (besides shawn bradley, who isnt really a basketball player)

4)the rotations on defense were predictable and they got picked apart because of it.......
    so true...that shit was a sad comedy. they were sending three bodies to the middle of the paint...tripleteaming post players and getting dunked on backdoor....TEN TIMES IN A ROW!!!! uclas d was the softest ever.

and the refs meant nothing, noah was in there head from the jump and was making them completely tentative inside fifteen feet.