Weird baby

LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Pic is kinda disturbing. http://www.kantipuronline.com/kolnews.php?&nid=69722***Bizarre baby born in DolakhaBy Rajendra ManandharCharikot, Dolakha, March 29 - The birth of a bizarre-looking baby in Charikot, the headquarters of Dolakha district, on Wednesday, drew a huge number of onlookers to witness the astonishing sight.The neck-less baby with its head almost totally sunk into the upper part of the body and with extraordinarily large eyeballs literally popping out of the eye-sockets, was born to Nir Bahadur Karki and Suntali Karki at the Gaurishnkar Hospital in Charikot.The Karki couple is a permanent resident of Dolakha???s Bhirkot VDC.The bizarre baby, however, died after half an hour of its birth, Suntali, the mother, informed. It was taken to the hospital after its death.The news about such a baby being brought to the hospital spread like wildfire and there were hundreds gathered at the hospital to have a look. The police had to be deployed to control the crowd.???We wouldn???t have been able to save it, even if it had been brought here alive,??? said a nurse attending to the mother at the hospital, ???This is an extremely abnormal case.???The ???baby??? weighed 2kg at birth and was born after the normal nine-month gestation period.Suntali, already a mother of two normal daughters, was not suffering from any illness during the pregnancy.Nir Bahadur, the father, says he does not feel any remorse for the newly-born baby???s death. ???I am happy that nothing happened to my wife,??? he said.

Comments

• Thats some ILM-shit right there

• chasechase 767 Posts
    so that is a picture of a dead baby?

My monday is hitting on all cyclinders now, thanks.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Wuggghhh!!!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    no way that shit is real

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    It's Alive!!!

• no way that shit is real

thats why thought at first. Then a co-worker told me it might be a freakish case of Anencephaly[/b], which is a cephalic disorder that results from a neural tube defect that occurs when the cephalic (head) end of the neural tube fails to close, usually between the 23rd and 26th day of pregnancy, resulting in the absence of a major portion of the brain, skull, and scalp. Infants with this disorder are born without a forebrain - the largest part of the brain consisting mainly of the cerebrum - which is responsible for thinking and coordination. The remaining brain tissue is often exposed - not covered by bone or skin.

Infants born with anencephaly are usually blind, deaf, unconscious, and unable to feel pain. Although some individuals with anencephaly may be born with a rudimentary brainstem, which controls autonomic and regulatory function, the lack of a functioning cerebrum permanently rules out the possibility of ever gaining consciousness. Reflex actions such as respiration (breathing) and responses to sound or touch may occur. The disorder is one of the most common disorders of the fetal central nervous system.

There is no cure or standard treatment for anencephaly and the prognosis for affected individuals is poor. Most anencephalic babies do not survive birth. If the infant is not stillborn, then he or she will usually die within a few hours or days after birth. Anencephaly can often be diagnosed before birth through an ultrasound examination. The maternal serum alpha-fetoprotein (AFP screening) and detailed fetal ultrasound can be useful for screening for neural tube defects such as spina bifida or anencephaly.

(source: wikipedia)

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    BRIAN J. PEPPERS DOES INDIA!

Post deleted by drewn

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Fucking hell. I was going to post up a lookelike but then it dawned that it was a dead baby and for once my conscience won out.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    RIP

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    WOW...

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    RIP

For real thats just sad.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    that cant be a real newborn baby. look at it. the face has an expression like a muppet. if it is: wow.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    the face has an expression like a muppet.

STOLE THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH!!

• good job guys

way to insult a dead, deformed human being for your enjoyment!

Soulstrut at its finest.

I say we all go to a school for the deaf and start yelling insults at the students next, whos with me?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Would it flame the fires of anger if i questioned whether this is true?

Pretty close to April Fool's Day.

Would it flame the fires of anger if i questioned whether this is true?

Pretty close to April Fool's Day.

It seems pretty unreal, but nothing about those pictures looks staged to me.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    good job guys

and the news story doesnt?

good job guys

Soulstrut at its finest.

I say we all go to a school for the deaf and start yelling insults at the students next, whos with me?

if it is real, then i take back my muppet comments
    for the sake of the good name of soulstrut pcu.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    good job guys

Soulstrut at its finest.

You obviously don't have kids.

good job guys

Soulstrut at its finest.

no but i just dont believe everything i read. it does break my heart when a baby dies. just last week in the local obituary there was one of those little kids that have that advanced aging disease and it ruined my day.
    but this is just wild. i'm sorry. theyre carrying him through the streets in a casserole dish! like i said if it is real i take back the offending muppet comment.

• good job guys

Soulstrut at its finest.

better yet, I'm guessing most of these people haven't had to deal with people that are "different" all that much in their everyday lives.

I come from a family in which I've had to deal with people insulting my handicapped father & talking shit behind the back of my deaf mother and plenty of other impaired related bullshit basically cause a couple of dumbfucks wnted to feel superior.

Sorry for being so PC. I hope one day you guys have a child that has issues so you can take the higher ground and encourage others to gawk and talk shit about them.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I hope one day you guys have a child that has issues[/b] so you can take the higher ground and encourage others to gawk and talk shit about them.

Let's not do that.

That itself is lower than anything anyone said in this thread.

• I hope one day you guys have a child that has issues[/b] so you can take the higher ground and encourage others to gawk and talk shit about them.

Let's not do that.

you're right I take that back, but my god it's amazing the level of good sense (or lack there of) that some folks have. I take special issue with this kind of stuff for fairly obvious reasons.

If anything maybe my bad comment will help put this into perspective

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    I hope one day you guys have a child that has issues[/b] so you can take the higher ground and encourage others to gawk and talk shit about them.

Let's not do that.

ding ding[/b]

ROUND 523 of Guzzo vs Cashless has started

• ROUND 523 of Guzzo vs Cashless has started

nope I've already thrown in the towel.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Let's not do that.

ding ding[/b]

ROUND 523 of Guzzo vs Cashless has started

nah, I wouldn't even have argued that any further.

better yet, I'm guessing most of these people haven't had to deal with people that are "different" all that much in their everyday lives.

ummm...no.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Do not google

Anencephaly[/b]

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    This is really sick, a baby dies and the next thought you have is hey! lets parade this ugly baby through the street...