New Ross Hogg BuhBOMP mix for DL

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited April 2006 in Announcements
I'm really, really honored to be a part of the BuhBOMP mix series; I've known these dudes for a dozen years now and think very highly of them. Here's a direct link to the mix and here's a link to the podcast page.And now, a message from the BuhBOMPers:02 buhbOmp - 30 mar 2006 - ross hoggEPISODE 02 --=(] buhbOmp radio [)=[/b]-- features wide variety of styles from hip-hop, dancehall, soca, broken beat, Miami/Atlanta bass, and much more ... all kinds of rump-shakers, brought to you by the buhbOmp crew: JD, Lil Tiger, Empanadamn, Elz, Cashless and friends.Our second episode is a monster all-remix affair masterly crafted by Texas-native and San Francisco party-rocker Ross Hogg aka Duppy Ranks, co-creater of the acclaimed Slump & Grind mix CDs. Every track on this 33-minute mix is Yay-related (think "R & Bay"). Be sure to hit up his site italselection.com for more info.[/b]Check us out live in NYC:buhbOmp // every 2nd Friday of the month (next up: 14 april 2006) // Elz, Empanadamn, JD and Lil Tiger // at Luke and Leroy // 21 7th Ave South // Greenwich Village // NYC // 10p- // FREE FREE FREE*** this party jumps off the second friday of every month ***

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I check the mix in its entirely.

Inspiring the old youth.

• great mix ross. for spring rolling in.

• The bespectacled Texans like it! Thanks, Dudes.

not bad. long way from that Volume10/Blackstar

• not bad. long way from that Volume10/Blackstar

Yeah, roughly 8 years (accent on roughly[/b]).

• UnDos3UnDos3 81 Posts
    dope mix Ross. I like the Gangstarr vs. Keak Da Sneak most of all. What acapella is riding over the Too Short beat?

• whip rotation! nice one ross hawg!

• dope mix Ross. I like the Gangstarr vs. Keak Da Sneak most of all. What acapella is riding over the Too Short beat?

Thanks, Un. (Do I know you, btw?) Here's a tracklisting:

Here's a half-assed tracklisting (more info available if you want):

Mary J "Be Happy" over Keak "T-Shirt, Blue Jeans & Nikes"
    Marvin "Sexual Healing" over Keak "Yadadamean"
    E-40 "Hope I Don't Go Back" over Craig David "7 Days"
    Keak "Super Hyphie" over Gangstarr "Skillz"
    San Quinn "Hell Yeah" over Justin Timberlake "Rock Your Body"
    Dwele "I Love You" over San Quinn "Hell Yeah"
    Tears for Fears "Shout" over T-Pain "I'm Sprung" (or, for the Bay, over J. Valentine "Go Dumb")
    E-A Ski "Ride" over Mike Marshall* "Thinkin Bout U"
    Mike Marshall "Thinkin Bout U" over Too $hort "Blow The Whistle"
    Goapele "Got It" over The Team "It's Gettin' Hot"
    Lil' Mo "Dem Boyz" (for Faux_Rillz) over Dope Game "Town Shit"
    E-40 & Keak "Tell Me When To Go" over Mark Ronson "Ooowee"

*Mike Marshall, for those that don't know, was the lead singer for Timex Social Club. He also sang the hook on "I Got 5 On It" and has appeared alongside Turf Talk, San Quinn, 40, and lots of other Bay rappers. Dude is soooo ill.

• UnDos3UnDos3 81 Posts
    Nah, we dont know each other, but I'm on the Ital Selection mailing list. Good looking out with the tracklist, now where can I find that Mike Marshall acapella. He's the voice on San Quinn's "So Young" right?

-Rey

• Nah, we dont know each other, but I'm on the Ital Selection mailing list. Good looking out with the tracklist, now where can I find that Mike Marshall acapella. He's the voice on San Quinn's "So Young" right?

-Rey

Oh, right on. Unfortunately, that MM acapella is only on a "DJs Only" CD I got from him. PM me if you want an mp3 of it.

And yes, that's Mike Meezy and San Quinn on "So Young."

• BUMP for that Jazzsucka (this is the one I was talkin' about last night).

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    BUMP for that Jazzsucka (this is the one I was talkin' about last night).

cool man, I'll get on it. Happy Birthday, Ross!