Daylight Savings Time

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
FUCK YOU![/b]

Comments

• 1 less hour in san francisco =

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    shit, does that mean you working folk get an hour less of sleep?

wait, tomorrows sunday...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Oh man, mabye one of the only benefits to being so unemployed is not having to deal with waking up for that bullshit.

More daylight is ultimately good for you though. ughhh.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Oh yeah, and if you have to get up when its still dark out already you have my sympathies.

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    1 more hour in melbourne =

ya'll about to cop a summer with long evenings, spare a thought for the southern hemisphere massive plaese, we got the cold and dark in effect

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

ya'll about to cop a summer with long evenings, spare a thought for the southern hemisphere massive plaese, we got the cold and dark in effect
    Yes, I am not feeling this getting dark at 7.30pm shit.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    1 less hour djing for a bunch of FRUCKS in san francisco =

B-Cause alerted me to this upon arrival at SED GEEG.

later dayz.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    doh! missed the shorts at the French Film Festival.

• chrischris 287 Posts

hah, is this early or late for you?

in the winter here, sundown is about 5pm.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    That shit fucked me up last night. I was at Southpaw with some old friends, I went to drop them off and came back, looking at the clock in my car like "OK it's 2, still got another hour or two in me", walked in an seent my man Zoo and was like "whattup", and ordered another beer. He's like "what time is it" and I'm all, "2 something" and he's like "nah son, 3." And I thought someone had slipped me something.

I got home at 6 with birds chirping and sunlight and shit. I still feel woozy and stuff.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    gotta drop a for DST

gig ended an hour early, good crowd and all but going home early was the move.. that mexican joint was still open, tamales all night long!

• djdepositdjdeposit 224 Posts

• lucerolucero 425 Posts

uh, there a slide .. I'm no physics boffin but its that whole spin of the planet thing which peaks at the 2 solstices (longest day / shortest day), the closer you are to a pole the greater the variation in daylight time - Sydney for example is about 1000k north of Melbourne and would get dark ~ 45 minutes earlier than Melbourne at the moment, but yeah, gets dark 7ish now, will be 5ish come June

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    1 less hour in Chicago =

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    daylight savings time is a freemason plot...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts
    Truelly I could care less about the hour lost in the morning ..... Iv become increasingly paranoid and a little more crazy in me head which has led me to wake up around 6:00am or 7:00am no matter what (and i dont know why) .... so I'll be up anyway ..... sorry for the rest of you sleepy heads.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

uh, there a slide .. I'm no physics boffin but its that whole spin of the planet thing which peaks at the 2 solstices (longest day / shortest day), the closer you are to a pole the greater the variation in daylight time - Sydney for example is about 1000k north of Melbourne and would get dark ~ 45 minutes earlier than Melbourne at the moment, but yeah, gets dark 7ish now, will be 5ish come June
    Exactly, the 7.30pm thing is depressing because of what it signifies really. Being that in a couple months it will be dark enough on the drive home from work to see rabbits chilling at the side of the road.

• Truelly I could care less about the hour lost in the morning ..... Iv become increasingly paranoid and a little more crazy in me head which has led me to wake up around 6:00am or 7:00am no matter what (and i dont know why) .... so I'll be up anyway ..... sorry for the rest of you sleepy heads.

??

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    almost missed an exam last night. every clock was telling me a different time.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    where's the ghey graemlin?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    where's the ghey graemlin?

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    I live in Arizona.....what's all this blah blah about daylight savings what?

NO TIME CHANGE HERE BATCHES!!!!! Then again, we do get no rain and a million degrees outside.............

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I live in Arizona.....what's all this blah blah about daylight savings what?

NO TIME CHANGE HERE BATCHES!!!!! Then again, we do get no rain and a million degrees outside.............
    isn't it true that you also fail to celebrate MLKjr. day (not personally, but as a state)?