If Terry Clubbup was Charlie Parker???

jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
???he???d be dead by now.As I???m sure you can tell by the funny taste in your tap water, today is the born day of the one Terrence Clubbuppington III. If you???re on this site and reading these words, then whether you know it or not, you???ve felt the side effects of my man???s particular brand of ATL-dopa. And if you don???t know, now you know. Dude comes with a generosity of thought, word, and energy that???s unparalleled, like his brain???s birthing squirrels while his jaw unhinges to vomit live parrots, the two tribes going to war simultaneously in the kudzu between his ears and in the cyberspace just above our heads, with the losers cauterized in a shower of sparks and cannonballed baptismally into a Sargasso sea of sizzurped verbals, where they await reissue, street date TBA. I can count on one hand the writers around here that deliver like dude, and I don???t even have any hands. So, here???s what I want y???all to do, for Tee: something extra. I don???t care what it is???crazy .jpeg, dirty joke, half-finished beat, some smooth lyrics, something chopped, screwed, and haikued???just make sure you put your back into it, at least a little. And in the ganz tol spirit of the man himself, don???t check TCB with no lightweight stuff: Any of you heshers that just punch in with some ???Happy birthday, dude???peacey weace??? or some passedoutwookies.complacency or some bullshit throwed code that cock-blocks everyone else better fuckin??? katie-bar the door, matey, cause I???ll kick in the door waving the four-fingered and will rock you in your Mount-Rushmore fronts for three consecutive terms, until your Lincoln???s blinkin???. All right, maybe not all that, but if I sense that you???re not at least trying, I will reach deep into my Balzac, call you out of your name, and insult you with wicked randomness. Unless we???ve actually met, in which case I will not hesitate to make shit personal, and let all these real heads know about that funny business you tried to pull at the slumber party (Yes, your sleeping bag looks snug and comfortable, but no, I have no interest in ???making manchovies??????I mean, dang, dude). And even though I???m the calm one, please believe that I???ve got repressed bile like Chicago???s got twentysomething Molly McButters rocking the three-quarter-length moss-colored belted overcoats (Miss Crabtree, I hope that you???re not mad at me???yo, I see you, grull!), so when I flame, you get all that. Consider yourselves warned. All those who come correct will receive via telepathy my invitation to some pony shawarma, long-fin killie, and polmone del capra down at the Double Lady, my treat.And although I welcome the contribution of newer folks (I love y???all like a fat kid loves diet cake), I also wanna put out a special call to my old heads. My Underoo_Blue-era dunnions. Like, maybe soulstrut used to be your church and now it???s just your craigslist, so you???re just lurking; maybe you just come around to show off baby pictures and plug auctions; maybe you got tired of writing long letters and getting postcards in return; maybe you ran out of bullets, or maybe you just can???t find the words anymore. None of that matters. We are now on the far side of this great soulstrut parabola, so I???m beseeching all my aging gigolos and gigolettes to--one mo' ???gain---bring ???em out bring ???em out.And lest we forget the reason for the seasoning: Even though he???s probably sniffing BC powder up in Tower and/or nursing a mimosa ovadosa at the Ponderosa, and may thus never even see this, Happy Birthday to Terry_Fuckin???_Clubbup. Westward, ho.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Happy birthday, dude!

peacey weace, M

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I like to go to Panda Express and just, you know, mack.

• a toast to the true merriam webster's of what's really

• pineapple juice

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I like to go to Panda Express and just, you know, mack.

DAMN SKIPPY

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    OUTSTANDING!

now.

vs.

YOU MAKE THE CALL.

I know who I'm rollin' with, and he ain't the guy in the cowboy hat (at least, not in this picture).

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Wilson Loves you

Tavaload-et Mobarak

PS

• I saw this post appear right before I stepped out of the office to feed the ducks. I figured by the time I got back the site would be awash in good tidings for the one Clubbup.
    Come on people.
    This dude is one of the most thoroughestest contributors to this place. A man who offers insight, highgrade potty humor and pleasing turns of phrase with damn near every post. All this while keeping his falutin at respectable levels.
    Give it up for the man.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

To that Cuddle Party promoter...Hoping your muzzle gets nuzzled on this special day.

*I never hesitate to click on a Clubbup post.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Happy Birthday! I got you something from the fabulous line of Chia products.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Rudy Day is the best musician on this site. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Rudy Day is the best musician on this site.

That's no bullshit.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    it wasn't easy to use the word "best" to descibe such a lyrical monster but, damn some people need it spelled out.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    edit:
    glaucoma strikes.

• Rudy Day is the best musician on this site. Hope to see you tomorrow.

The man has pipes, and I'm not talkin' about Col. Mustard's weapon of lead/step and your dead. BroSchott joined us rank amateurs for some empty orchestral manoeuvres in the dark one night in Japan Town. The soft spoken, flush flaced man came in, shook some hands, and took a seat. Then he calmly and deliberately punched in a code that would soon leave us levelled, dishevelled, and hetty mevelled.

He belted out Judas Priest's "You Got Another Thing Comin'" with Halford-esque levels of rawkness. And maybe this is the What-It-Does playin' tricks on me, but I could've sworn that, if only for one stolen moment, his blue jeans became leather.

It made me happy, for once, that they didn't "Ol' Black Water" in the songbook.

Plus, he sent me a PM when I first joined the board to, among other things, compliment me on my screen name. It also contained this timeless nugget:

Like one time a while ago on the board [NAME WITHHELD/NO, NOT THAT GUY] was going on about how Mase and Puffy were killing it but the backpacker dudes weren't hearing it, and I was like DUDE, in 1997 you sat in my living room and upon noticing my new Puffy & Family 2Lp set, gave me the Rawkus raised eyebrow & Fondle Em hairy eyeball, so IT TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE

I mean, wow.

If you make it out of the midwest to the fullwest, I look forward to more offline interactions.

Oh, and happy birthday, T.C.Bup.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Dude I wrote a very long and sincere response, but SS gave me some "this form is no longer valid" crap. I hate repeating myself, so I will have to send my greetings in the real world. Well, here's the cliff notes.

Point 1: Rudy Duty is the dude of most dudefulness.
    Point 2: I always leave our record sessions inspired, and with new music to look for.
    Point 3: You will be missed when you move to California.
    Point 4: Thanks for being awesome.

RECORD NIGHT!

Anyhow. To honor James, here's a beat I made 4 Rudy birthDay's ago. Billallzing Dwontempo.

• FAGTILLOFAGTILLO 33 Posts

As I type this, I am licking french onion dip from the pockmarked cheeks of Edward James Olmos.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Plus, he sent me a PM when I first joined the board to, among other things, compliment me on my screen name. It also contained this timeless nugget:

Like one time a while ago on the board [NAME WITHHELD/NO, NOT THAT GUY] was going on about how Mase and Puffy were killing it but the backpacker dudes weren't hearing it, and I was like DUDE, in 1997 you sat in my living room and upon noticing my new Puffy & Family 2Lp set, gave me the Rawkus raised eyebrow & Fondle Em hairy eyeball, so IT TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE

I mean, wow.

That slanderous motherf**ker! I mean, why would he go and do our mutual acquaintance like that?

• ???nursing a mimosa ovadosa at the Ponderosa

[wiping away a tear]

What the...y'all better shut up.

I'm getting tossed around like a ragdoll in all this hot wind.[/b]

Real Deele thanx to my SoulSlut hominys, without you all I would be
    blazing the new path via the clunky Amazon customer reviews format.

If I was Charlie Parker I would like totally be shredding and then
    hand you my guitar and you couldn't even make it do a C chord and
    then you wouldn't be sure what had shapeshifted, me, the guitar or
    your BRAIN.

touch this dot

and enter the Fryday Afternuge Party Portal!

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts

I lost my virginity on Lou Rawls's Parade Of Stars.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    THE TERRY CLUBBUP OF THE 80's[/b]