German Oak

Rod_TorfulsonRod_Torfulson 464 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Is anyone else feeling this? Grimy weird instrumental Krautrock recorded in a WWII bunker. Apparently people were so put off by it, the cover in partcular, that it only sold 11 copies. The remaining 200 or so were in one of their parents basements until the 90s when someone found out about it and dug them up. It only has four track, two long, two short. My only complaint is that the long songs start to get really interesting right before they fade out. But whatever.

Comments

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts

Apparently the og had no cover.A cover was made in the 90's at the time all remaining copies were discovered."New" cover is in the pic above.

• Weird, I assumed it was the cover everyone found so off putting. Crazy that it was so overwhelmingly unpopular just on the basis of the music. It doesn't seem that outlandish compared to some other German bands of the period that I've heard.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    german oak = quercus robur

i'll post some pictures of an endemic Maltese orchid in two weeks. keep an eye out. i'm on Malta right now collecting rare plants, and fruits (and animals). yeserday, i ate a leaf of opuntia. not bad! not bad! i also held a chameleon in the hand. very convenient.

never heard of that german oak lp. you US guys really know a lot about german kraut. how come i never meet any kraut collectors in germany? i hardly ever see german kraut rock lps over here! i still need MOST german kraut lps. i NEVER see the originals... for cheap.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

i'll post some pictures of an endemic Maltese orchid in two weeks. keep an eye out. i'm on Malta right now collecting rare plants, and fruits (and animals). yeserday, i ate a leaf of opuntia. not bad! not bad! i also held a chameleon in the hand. very convenient.

this sounds very very cool

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

this sounds very very cool

yeah. all of that is nice! i'm having a great time!

Plus, Maltese beer =