serato + video= numark???

keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    This blasphemy will surely spell the end to my 8-track raer club nights.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    They bought out Virtual Dj (which has been around even before Serato was released commercially) and repackaged it. Virtial dj has/had it's fair share of issues.

That said, I doubt there's any Mac support.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    the video feature is amazing though. if this works just like dvjs and does not have any technical issues... video mixing is the future of djing.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    video mixing is the future of vjing.[/b]

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

I have been to a couple of events with video mixing and it was very . When at the club I would rather look at women then Star Wars Episode I mixed with Breakin.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

I have been to a couple of events with video mixing and it was very . When at the club I would rather look at women then Star Wars Episode I mixed with Breakin.
    You ain't seen shit then. The VJing business is becoming a lot more tech-y and more interesting. For instance, a lot of the dudes I have seen VJ recently (when I lived in Japan last year) have stopped "sampling" (using other peoples visuals/movies) and make some really cool shit for themselves either on the fly or mix together previously made animations and videos. Also I've seen some mixing up live elements like bringing cameras and using fx on them and shit like that.

That shit definately is the future and in the not so distant future every (at least dance orientated) club will have VJs accompanying the music at every event.