Is there a finds post this week?

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
I was lucky enough to come up a little bit on something today. It'd been awhile...and I thought that I was straight enough with my S/T.Uh, nah.Infinite Sound was one I saw when it came in at the shop, gave it up, wondered about it, and popped up again. Totally freak out "contemporary african-amerikan music" madness that's got some really ill moments. The album ends up having a hell of a lot of character, because the music is so out, but everyone's with it and doing it with an inspired confidence. Anybody else find records this week?

Comments

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Image hosting by Photobucket

also some New Orleans produced 45's

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    found this sealed, it's great

and these

John McLaughlin - Extrapolation
    Teruo Nakamura - Rising Sun
    Shirley Scott-Mystical Lady
    David Murray - Live vol 2 on India Navigation

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    i found this

• Options

Killer organ funk LP with "North SOng" i.e. "Work Song"...from Trinidad. An extra.

Nice soul and disco tracks with a calypso tinge.

Patsy break/funk 12"...open snares, etc.

SOme high quality soul LP's for cheap. All are mint OG's.

A couple copies of this pic 45 from legendary Canadian psyche rockers. Holler.

Gospel funk.

DOpe Bahamas funk 45. A Double.

Says Johnnie Osbourne, but it's just Wayne on guitar. Same track as the backing in Johnnie OSbourne's "Jah Jah Children" on Aires (and Tafari in Jamaica). Must have been Wayne who originally played ont he tune.

K in Canada.

• Options
    Oh and I got the pic of these Lp's. I took 3.

K in canada.

• Options
    Forgot this funk/folk acetate

K.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    K is that meesengers version good? I passed on their LP and I went back and it was gone. I feel like i should be kicking myself.

I found this in my mailbox

Perfectly smooth for this springtime revival. Cop it!

• I was lucky enough to come up a little bit on something today. It'd been awhile...and I thought that I was straight enough with my S/T.

Uh, nah.

Infinite Sound was one I saw when it came in at the shop, gave it up, wondered about it, and popped up again. Totally freak out "contemporary african-amerikan music" madness that's got some really ill moments. The album ends up having a hell of a lot of character, because the music is so out, but everyone's with it and doing it with an inspired confidence.

Anybody else find records this week?

That Infinite Sound record is great. One of my favorite records to throw on during a lazy Sunday when I know I'll be in one room for at least the length of the record. My girlfriend just looks at me funny when I put it on...

BTW what's in the speech bubble coming out of dude's ass?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

I was lucky enough to come up a little bit on something today. It'd been awhile...and I thought that I was straight enough with my S/T.

Uh, nah.

Infinite Sound was one I saw when it came in at the shop, gave it up, wondered about it, and popped up again. Totally freak out "contemporary african-amerikan music" madness that's got some really ill moments. The album ends up having a hell of a lot of character, because the music is so out, but everyone's with it and doing it with an inspired confidence.

Anybody else find records this week?

That Infinite Sound record is great. One of my favorite records to throw on during a lazy Sunday when I know I'll be in one room for at least the length of the record. My girlfriend just looks at me funny when I put it on...

BTW what's in the speech bubble coming out of dude's ass?

Right beneath the doo drop stains? "File Under Roland Young" Haven't looked into it, maybe he played on the session? Glad I picked it up, it's a fun, liberating listen.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    That infinite sound LP is great. I really enjoy it.

Recent shit.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts

never seen this pic cover before...

been looking for this on 12" for ages...love this tune...i guess thematically it goes well with "white horse"

this is my find of the week...sandwiched in between lots of dancehall...a barbados disco funk 12"...two different tunes...both sides are a bit raunchy so mayce this is "slack" but the music is full on raw disco funk...really dope.

• never seen this pic cover before...

That White Horse is pretty common here in Sweden. I think that it's a bit
    too short on the 45. Great track still

but it is

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

Handsome bunch.

• Options

Hammond's second Lp with boogie title cut.

Killer French/Quebec garage LP. Singer is heart-wrenching.

One laserdisc of a masterpiece.

Blaxpoitation funk. Don't know if this saw a soundtrack release.

New modern soul discovery - a couple copies.

Deep Nashville spirituals/blues on a 3 45's-thick 45. Deep tunes on both sides.

Boom Brooklyn roots. His other release on this lable is also a monster tune.

Canada's greatest reggae studio? Def yes IMO. Dub/studio work on par with Perry and Wackie's. Studio band rips.

K in Canada.

• in the past week and a half up to today:

these are just a few of the highlights. some were more expensive (S.O.U.L. I think was like $25 vg- and I think Willie Henderson was $15), and some were cheap. The Latimore is a double if anyone's interested.

not pictured:
    Patrice Rushen - Before The Dawn (Prestige, 1975) double
    Headhunters - Straight Out The Gate (Arista, 1977) double
    Black Heat - Keep On Runnin' (Atlantic, 1975) double
    Luis Gasca - Collage (Fantasy, 1976)
    Commodores - Brick House 12" (Motown, 1977)
    Perigeo - Valley Of The Temples (RCA, 1976)
    Norman Connors - Saturday Night Special (Buddah, 1975)
    The Soul Children - Friction (Stax, 1974)
    Johnny Lytle - The Soulful Rebel (Milestone, 1971)
    Leroy Hutson - All Because Of You 7" (Curtom, 1975) double

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Maybe I'm an idiot, but what is this a picture of?

Regardless of that, "Where Is My Sunshine?" is

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

This is truly amazing. That ass is so flat that my man didn't even know what it was!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

This is truly amazing. That ass is so flat that my man didn't even know what it was!

damn so it IS an ass. that's sad. i'm not into that flat ass shit. I need some girth to my femme rearend.

• leolyxxxleolyxxx 446 Posts
    Two i'm pleased with, the James Walsh is going for sale or trade right away, both vosted 1$ each, also this week i got Diane Jenkins "i need you" on Creative Funk for 12$