quotables

DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
"I don't care - nor does the rest of the world - how big a library of beats you have. Nobody Cares.""Its not really making music to ask a drive to pull up a wav file""instead of spending 600 bucks on a new sampler, buy yourself a guitar. You can have a song by tonight, and be getting laid tomorrow" - John Mayer

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    further proof of Amir's slide into irrelevance?

• further proof of Amir's slide into irrelevance?

Hangin' out with John Mayer may seem like just this...but, dude is not bad. Now, i don't own any of his CDs or necessarily like his music. BUT, his monthly column for Esquire is really insightful, funny music reading a lot of the time (the best being his plea to D'Angelo to come back, so he could relive the summer he was 16, driving his mom's minivan and bumpin' "Voodoo"). It isn't perfect, but no one is.

Further, he puts out a lot of weirder stuff that he knows his frat-girlie fans won't like because it is the stuff HE likes to do (blues album, etc.)

I won't defend his music; but I'll defend John Mayer as seeming like a pretty smart, funny dude. Hangin' with him should not lose you any points.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    People that I know who know his swear he's just a regular dude.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    People that I know who know his swear he's just a regular dude.

OK, but is no one the least bit disturbed by the quotations attributed to him above?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm sorry, I was distracted. Did you ask me something?

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    dear john...

"we don't care how you spend your money nor the fact that you just admitted that you only play guitar to get laid. let us make our beats and please to STFU.

ps: your guitar ain't got shit on my break collection... good luck with your emo girl drama... imma go back to looking at animated alba GIFs."

• Dear John,

Samplers rule over guitars because you can edit out shitty guitar sounds and singing. Want another bud light? Yes? O.k. Well, gotta go... Good luck with the std treatments, jyrk.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    you last two missed the whole point. his music is pretty , but as a guy who made it pretty big doing what he loves, he's alright. he was also uninvited to his high school reunion by the principal a couple of years back, and went anyway.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    the guy is a retard if he really thinks all sample-based music is just loading a WAV file. his experiences with drum machines/samplers [if any] must have involved using strictly presets. he made a douchebag comment... i don't care if he's "a nice guy".

• the guy is a retard if he really thinks all sample-based music is just loading a WAV file. his experiences with drum machines/samplers [if any] must have involved using strictly presets. he made a douchebag comment... i don't care if he's "a nice guy".

whatever...yawn...i think john mayer was probably writing it to be funny. as i said above in my 'john mayer is a nice guy' post, he talks alot about music with samples. he likes a lot of it. he was probably just writing/saying something tongue-in-cheek.

but, we should definitely shoot first, THEN think about that. oh, and shoot ?uestlove too, for being in the picture with him.

i can get you his address (no joke), and you can write him a letter. seriously.

• "I don't care - nor does the rest of the world - how big a library of beats you have. Nobody Cares."

"Its not really making music to ask a drive to pull up a wav file"

i don't know who this guy is but i don't disagree with these statements.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    yeah i think dude has a point

i mean who do you think gets more chicks? mayer or josh??

jimmy page

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i mean who do you think gets more chicks? mayer or pharell??

sampledy bampledy. Any fucktard can play a few chords on a guitar. Very few have mastered the art of the slidewhistle.

jimmy page

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Dont get all buttsore because someone dissed your instrument of choice. Imagine if you played the oboe?

buttsore?

i play geetar yo

customizing a mahogony SG style geetar .. getting my PAF's coil tapped reverse phase jimmy page wiring harness together...

• slushslush 691 Posts
    another way to get chicks is to not be a complete douchebag
    and comb your hair

and make one song that appeals to girls. you dont need a guitar or a sampler. all you need is a fuckin flute

dubious man youre slipping

• slushslush 691 Posts
    oh, also an oboe will get you crazy ass

mic that shit to a delay matrix and girls will swoon themselves comatose

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    an oboe will get you crazy ass