Under Yer Nose - Favorite Freebies

DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Rifling through my roomates hand me downs from his parents and grandparents last night what do i spot but Funky Broadway - Dyke and the Blazers. i offered him cash but he told me to just keep it. I kept looking and he's got some nice stuff, a lot of JB 45s on King, Clean Up Woman, Scorpio, fun stuff. So that brings to me to the question....what are your favorite freebies from your collection?peaceDr joel

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    That's easy for me. An original copy of this in december last year.

• That's easy for me. An original copy of this in march last year.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    a coworker gave me about 200 LPs last year, all he wanted in return was for me to record about 5 of them and burn him CDs...so obviously it was mostly crap, Foreigner, The Doors, Elton John, etc. But amongst the crap was a minty copy of Space Ritual! So I was pretty happy about that.

• Nothing super rare but a full set of mint UK Scott Walker solo LP's from a co-worker.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I got a bunch of sealed john mayall blues breakers albums for free. 15 records, about 7 sealed. So I'm set with my John Mayall collection....

• Seeds is a great record! congrats!

• one of the few records that'll never leave the collection.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    These brazilian LP's from my pops collection were passed on to me

Jorge ben is obviously great but the toquino vinicius are really special to me

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    crap

The Doors

• Allow me explain Jorge:

The Doors

are[/b]

crap

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I know, I know, if The Doors were a white cover private press we would be talking about mad clavinet driven songs with skilled guitar and crazy ass vocals >>> $ 999

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Nothing super rare but a full set of mint UK Scott Walker solo LP's from a co-worker.

Those are pretty raer in the US! I would love to find a copy of Scott 3 in that OG sleeve, not to mention Scott 4. Nice job!

• Nothing super rare but a full set of mint UK Scott Walker solo LP's from a co-worker.

Those are pretty raer in the US! I would love to find a copy of Scott 3 in that OG sleeve, not to mention Scott 4. Nice job!

Ta! Well not super rare in a "Beginning Of The End sense" but still fairly sought after in the UK too.

Not to rub it in, but I remember picking up US and UK OGs of Scott 1-3 back in the 80's for like $10 a pop. Those days are gone....

• I ended up getting the whole run of Doug Carn records on Black Jazz for free. It was great not only because some of those records are good, but also because I didn't end up spending loot on the (I know some on here would categorize all of them that way...)

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Nothing super rare but a full set of mint UK Scott Walker solo LP's from a co-worker.

Not to rub it in, but I remember picking up US and UK OGs of Scott 1-3 back in the 80's for like $10 a pop. Those days are gone....

Oh yeah....I have UK version of SCOTT, missing SCOTT 2 in either form but have it on CD, have the US ugly cover of 3, missing SCOTT 4, but have a UK version of 'Til the Band Comes In' and an 80s UK 'Scott Walker Greatest Hits', and I got all those early to mid 90s. Haven't really seen them around since.

Oh yeah....I have UK version of SCOTT, missing SCOTT 2 in either form but have it on CD, have the US ugly cover of 3, missing SCOTT 4, but have a UK version of 'Til the Band Comes In' and an 80s UK 'Scott Walker Greatest Hits', and I got all those early to mid 90s. Haven't really seen them around since.

Our tiny little cult has grown by leaps and bounds. Now every other bed-headed slackjaw is sitting alone with their IPOD tuned to 'Montague Terrace In Blue' and weeping into their cornflakes...

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts

+ Parliament-Osmium(Ivictus),both OG courtesy of my father.He's got 2 boxes of records waiting for me.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I worked at a record store where we had a policy of not buying 45's. Customer came in with a grocery bag full of 'em. I pulled a few really cool ones out and told him I'd give him some dough, he told me its cool just keep 'em.

best pull of the day was this